The problem of money being both IC And OOC

Lurleen

24 minutes ago, hentai! said:

The main problem with this are businesses, menyoo and mapping are problems as well since it's mostly for privileged people who have decent enough hardware to run GTA V on Ultra with some kinda mod to make them banger pictures. You could arguably map on a shitty computer, but it isn't as comfortable, especially when you have to map a business for someone, in which case - look back at the first sentence.

This is the one thing I will agree with regarding OOC money - blips. To anyone who thinks blips being locked behind a paywall is a great idea because it prevents fifty different places being opened at the same time - get your head out of your butthole. We need competition on this server now that the economy is somehow good more than ever. I am sick and tired of seeing the same shit open. If we want more populated streets and less incentive to grind menyoo and mapping, but more roleplay, we need to have a lot of places to roleplay in and around. If we see three different bars open next to each other on a street, one's a punk one and the two others are more generic, everyone will find something that will suit their character. People will finally socialize together instead of being forced to drive across the city to the next blip once something closes down.

I have played on servers where ten different businesses were open next to each other, it doesn't cause unfair advantages, bad competition or anything of the sort. It boosts people's creativity because they might get drunk and leave and go to the taco truck that opened up next to them. Or they might get their nails done and go to the bar next door to ramble to the bartender and show them off.

Think about it, Management. Because I know it is you who keep pushing this whole agenda that many blips are a bad idea. They're not a bad idea, let people run their businesses how they want to run them, with free blips. Let people get paid for menyoo and mapping too since it takes effort, this is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. 

I understand that the server needs to be paid off somehow, I really do. You already have namechanges, plates, phone numbers, even furniture slots locked behind a paywall. If we need some sort of mechanic to keep the server running, we should definitely keep the aforementioned things behind a paywall because at the end of the day, you do not need them to roleplay. You do not need a different phone number or plate than the one that the server assigns you. You DO however need that blip if you want your business to be successful, so once again - this is the only thing that I will fully agree on from this post. Menyoo and mapping can stay, I don't care. It's sad that only the people with high end gear can do menyoo but that's life and life isn't always fair.

This comes back to what I said about driving culture on this server. Sure this is America but we're a RP server, we could do with some more pedestrian population and roleplay and not just driving from blip A to blip B because that's the only businesses that pop up on the map.

Sorry for going a little bit off topic here and there but this isn't as simple of a topic and it does connect with what I said.

More open businesses give players more roleplay options. And also competition is never bad. There is no downside to having different businesses opened at the same time. Whoever decided that you need to pay for a blip doesn't give a fuck about RP quality at all. I know a bunch of people that have unique business ideas but are not in a situation to pay this much money every month just because they want to have fun a few hours a week. Shit's insane. People complain that there is nothing to do besides going to clubs/bars but will make you pay a shitty fee just to open your business in a video game. 

Make business blips and advertising free. 

One of the main reasons businesses that get purchased/leased fail is because of lack of exposure or creativity. 

Some people simply do not have the roleplay skills required to network to the level that is required for an actual business such as ones started on GTA:World to be advertised in the way it would be required IRL, gain exposure and thus have customers/patrons which help it succeed. 

With that being said, we ought to stop putting up arbitrary barriers/gatekeeping mechanisms to people that want to create roleplay, otherwise people will get bored with the status quo here and venture off to try new servers such as LSRP and the various other offerings that may spring up. 

People are, obviously, welcome to go where ever they please, but if GTA:World wants to remain competitive and an attractive choice to players, there needs to be a complete rethink of our community culture and priorities and the way in which core functions such as community, staff, property and faction management operate. 

I don’t claim this to be a democracy and I don’t think anybody among the staff team does either. It’s Nervous’ server, he calls the shots and if we don’t like it, we either lobby for change in threads like this or simply go play somewhere else. 

Something simple such as making business blips free could have its benefits. 

To add to my overall sentiment, I fail to see how the promises of 2022 being the ‘year of the illegal roleplayer’ have thus far been delivered on, when all we’ve had are one or two quick fixes to minor issues, multiple OOC arguments and feuds breaking out between factions without settlement. But, I’m glad we got Panda Points!

Edited by Joseph Tarano

Having to pay irl money for people to know your business is open or even exists still blows my mind. How in one hand do you expect people to come up with everyday normal stores and to make interesting RP items for the world, and have the other hand waiting to grab the cash. This is why we have 50 bars and clubs to every 1 normal/original store.

Let's face it, a lot of people donate to be able to furnish or to advertise, even if the quality of the RP would be better if those were free, without money there's no server and no rp at all. The other option would be making everyone to pay a small fee to play the server (2 or 3 dollars per month) and give all of those benefits to everyone. I wonder if people would actually pay or leave to other servers.

9 hours ago, Lurleen said:

Let's face it, a lot of people donate to be able to furnish or to advertise, even if the quality of the RP would be better if those were free, without money there's no server and no rp at all. The other option would be making everyone to pay a small fee to play the server (2 or 3 dollars per month) and give all of those benefits to everyone. I wonder if people would actually pay or leave to other servers.

Introduce cooldowns for (old) paid systems.

Want a blip? Sure, lasts 30 minutes like the last ones but there's a 15 minute cooldown.

Want to furnish? Sure, first 500-750 props are free.