[1870] Republican Party resolution; Adrian Rossi talks

KiLE-VH3hO2V-fTrncvb1FJRZXzKrEqo4c4xzHLgIZssbntCHiSETZzH0H0aAZydKafO7hCSa2eaRe2xD4oqct-kBukraoXOgYlgRx731gYp9hdEFmsD1NnoMapf6caaH0ATW7AEDxNNC-YqMuCnWjJVFG0Vgu0OYVI5lju3SNpglrXKZ8ctZF60LYziZrre4jlUPizSFlA9_KM3yFYNCLKes1kF553Y1ICaZ0-lk3ZVzjA0KepWjdXLMJkgyP6ZAiqVFTebQ1kK4RcX

April 7, 2022 | NEWS

ef5KDNSjakLp1XCTACG4frfS1OSJZxTFu9pMwUbA9SdOHXaq7SXQdzRCFYvfeUU9_wXXAZcSiaZvjLktrBBQVoYpZoWqnKOYRf2X0Yv4T6rzDducJSkhoqnjdQCpZyBTh0q3GKpy

Political parties have been known to be a pervasive part of Los Santos’ politics; Republican and Democratic. Entirely different entities, serving to bring benefits for the greater good in the long-term run through invariably different approaches. A simple difference not of purpose, but of political culture.

The politics in San Andreas have always been a fragile matter. Quarrels have occurred many times and disagreements were known to flourish constantly between the two representative parties, each upholding their beliefs firmly. After a discussion with Senator Adrian Rossi, he openly stated that he’s hopeful to see bipartisanship in the upcoming session. 

Senator Rossi isn’t worried about the upcoming elections or the competition; not one bit. Instead, he’s hopeful and determined - he hopes for a Republican majority, unlike the last time. His words dictated that the Republicans performed exceptionally well during the second session, as their primary concern was the safety of the public; a success indeed, judging by the plethora of acts that were introduced with the purpose of creating a safer environment for the citizens. 

Senator Rossi the political perspective of the Republican party and his own, indulging in the resolution for their past session and what the citizens can expect in the future. For this interview, I’ll refer to myself as V.A. and A.R. for my guest, respectfully. 

DgONexBD1IUbDptG1C8zHMNmOhv9n63SiWGqvTYlascBBBJCeievUtMcFuPUtN-kWW348kpmV9hFFAvL43qIvSQPxqqVU8LPsF2ZEyEBkxanH_qzF3grR-A0qzcOLEathCJ_Bgnk

Adrian Rossi - Source; FaceBrowser

ef5KDNSjakLp1XCTACG4frfS1OSJZxTFu9pMwUbA9SdOHXaq7SXQdzRCFYvfeUU9_wXXAZcSiaZvjLktrBBQVoYpZoWqnKOYRf2X0Yv4T6rzDducJSkhoqnjdQCpZyBTh0q3GKpy

V.A:  How do you think the Republican party performed up till now, since the last elections?

A.R: I believe the Republican Party has performed exceptionally well in the second session. We were able to pass good legislation, especially toward public safety, which was my primary goal. We also managed to work very well with some Senators from the other party. So, our bipartisan efforts have been maintained. I think we've left a good impression on the people and they know that they can rely on us to hear their concerns and take action.

V.A: Let's talk about the new candidates for the Republican party. I'm familiar with some of them, but what's your view on them? What do you hope to see in your future colleagues?

A.R: Interesting point. Senator Benson, the party chairman, hasn't released an official list of candidates that have been approved. However, I did get to meet or talk to some of the candidates in general. One from the Democrats, and one from the Republicans. As a party executive, we're still a bit early in the application process, so we fully plan on further meetings to get to know where each candidate stands. However, those that I have met seem to be driven in their own respects. So I think we'll have a good turnout of candidates for this election. But, what I hope to see with my future colleagues are a few things. For one, professionalism. The job can get stressful, and it's understandable. But, at the same time, we need to keep a cool head and work things out the right way. Another thing that I would like to see is cooperation with one another. A party is stronger when they discuss important topics together and come to a solution, rather than just debating points in a committee or on the floor. I've also always stressed bipartisanship where possible, so that's something that I really hope and expect to see in the upcomin' session as well.

V.A: The bipartisanship is of course, more beneficial in the long-term progression of the city's good and well-being. Although, I'm sure we can both agree that we've been witnessing partisanship, rather than bi on the city's political stage. There have been some memorable quarrels between both parties, undeniably-- but I'm also hoping to see more bipartisanship. 

A.R: Of course. You're less likely to see joint efforts on truly controversial bills. I think a compromise can be good as it can adopt good values from either end of the spectrum, and if the People are satisfied, then hopefully such legislation will last much longer.

V.A: I'd say there's some considerable competition behind the curtains. How is that reflecting on you?

A.R: Well, as an incumbent Senator with a list of accomplishments under my belt, as well as strong aspirations for the next session, I feel relatively safe and comfortable with my odds in retainin' a seat. So, I'm not too worried. I think a good portion of our Constituents supports me in my efforts. Havin' new faces can be a good thing, but I think experience is a strong factor for a candidate.

V.A: Formidably confident, I'd say. Let's hope it's justified! 

V.A: Let's talk about the resolution -after- the elections. What is the Republican party looking to accomplish after the elections conclude? Of course, I'd like to hear your motivations too.

A.R: Well, financially, the Republican Party wants to promote a healthy and strong society. We want to be able to provide support for those who need it without burdeninG the taxpayer too much. But, thankfully, I believe the finances of our State are in a good place. Otherwise, I think we just want to ensure that we are able to allow prosperity, growth, a good education -- which I can mention a thing or two about, and just general welfare. We need to promote a safer society. Which, by the way, I believe can only be done through efforts on both sides. You won't be able to fight crime effectively without participation on both ends. Though, about Education. As you may or may not know, our position of Superintendent of Education has been voided recently after Miss Calvani's resignation. A student from ULSA approached me after a lecture I gave and handed me a drawing depicting Davis High on fire due to the lack of guidance and support from the Superintendent. So, we took action and we called for an investigation of Miss Calvani. I guess the pressure was too much and she resigned before we could even begin. So, Education is super important, and I want to push a good nominee for such a position that will take the job seriously. I want to see an Education Code before the next election.

V.A: Education is vital for the young citizens, truly-- and I'm sure they'll appreciate the effort solely put into their favor.  But crime? I surmise that's a deeply rooted issue in our society, which I've worked on numerous times, and I personally think it all ties down to poverty. Would you agree?

A.R: Well, crime really comes from a lot of different places. Poverty is one reason. However, I believe we also have some very bad role models. You know, gang and criminal leaders, they manipulate young individuals and entice them into a life of crime. So, while we as Representatives of the People have to figure out what we can do to fight and suppress this crime, we also need the People of this State to do their best as well. This issue has to be attacked from multiple different angles. That's why I say that we need both Democrats and Republicans to come together on this issue. It's teamwork. The government can do its best, but we need help from our Constituents as well.

V.A: I agree-- but poverty, specifically, is the reason for the youth to assort to crimes. Easy fix of the trauma, I reckon. What do you reckon would be a sufficient method to tear this tangled issue apart? 

A.R: Well, as a former police Sergeant in the LSPD, what I say we should not do is defund our law enforcement agencies. They need the funds, manpower, and technology to ensure we keep combatting crime. There's no benefit in preventing them. Though, education is a starting point to fixing the problem, in my opinion. We need to start exposing our youth to the possibilities and the opportunities that they can have in their life which lead to financial success. I think a big problem is also a lack of education or the lack of a desire to obtain one. Being a role model to our youth is another measure we can take. We need our parents to ensure that they have a good grasp of their children and that they don't neglect them. We need to push our children in the right direction. Of course, this is specifically for our youth that might be enticed towards crime. And, well, the topic always arises about harsher punishments for criminals. As to that, I'm not sure. I know I've said it multiple times already, but this shouldn't be a controversial topic. This should be a topic to which we /want/ to find a solution to, and we do so in the interest of a safer State, a smarter state.

V.A: Is there anything else you'd like to add before we conclude?

A.R: Well. If there's one thing I always try to encourage is our Constituents to reach out to us. I'm always happy to email or even meet in person to discuss important topics or to just hear out concerns. This is a given, but some people fail to forget that we also don't know everything. Sometimes, just relaying a concern is important because it can kick-start research on a problem, and eventually, because of that concern, change can happen.

A.R: Shoutout to the Republicans and to Senators Diana Jones and Joseph Hall from the Democratic Party as well! Lovely people.

Adrian Rossi, uncensored. He expressed his concerns and hopes for the future; he and the Republican party wish to battle the crime scene, inspire the youth, sustain and improve education, and minimize homelessness. 

The scene is vast and all the links to it are of utmost significance; crimes, education, poverty, and inspiration among the young people. He said it himself, the crime scene will likely never come to a complete halt. The canvas of crimes in Los Santos is a machine with multiple cores. With a vigilant approach, cores may be expunged one by one; but it’s a continuous and never-ending effort, as the missing cores will be quickly replaced. But the possibilities of limiting it severely are real and certainly reachable through conjoined and mutual efforts; Rossi believes that funding the departments responsible for enacting the laws on criminals is a rational approach. It is something to look forward to.

Kdl9Kstwq5EcP8JnhgqYgrmTU80eyEuY9ZVkoWpcpowFbLAwagg9sUBS8sdTmb26lJcPseXLmUsrrJoIRWfRfrWZhyOFIaR2tl-yQBtPOjCHPVdzOJa6pdBaf__SvxCfi2AuXzP5

If you have a story or concern, get in touch at [email protected] ((@starcaller))

1870 is a product of LSN

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by starcaller
  • Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1