[ULSA] ULSA introduces Pen-Pals Behind Bars program

ULSA

Newsroom

University News

ULSA introduces Pen-Pals Behind Bars program in collaboration with the Los Santos Sherriff's Department and Twin Towers Correctional facility

Ricky Zavala | March 04, 2022

The University of Los Santos, San Andreas, was happy to host Captain Simon Moore in the lecture hall on Sunday evening for a presentation introducing a new pen-pal program designed to assist in the rehabilitation of inmates at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility. The presentation was received possibly by an overwhelming attendance of ULSA students.

The following questions were asked by students, and answered by Captain Moore:

Q: Are we able to send stuff such as cassette tapes, books or candy?"
A: We'll expand upon the program with a "care-package" system. We wish to begin with letters in the trial period.

Q: How will the criminal records information be handled? Are we able to request them?
A: The Office of Student Affairs will include summaries of each inmate's charges and the situation in the information graphics.

We also saw the revival of ULSA's liaison with the Crime Prevention Unit, now led by Sergeant Selene Pierce.

Dean Charlotte Dunois concluded the presentation with a special thank you with a standing ovation, followed by a speech.

"Firstly, I wish to thank Captain Moore and his team for a beautiful presentation.

Rehabilitation is a duty we all as a society have. It brings me immense joy to see so many interested in being a part of such a program. Although the consensus is that prisoners have done acts one might not wish to forgive.

They are still human, and those who wish to hold onto their humanity would jump at the opportunity to build relations like this with anyone who wants to listen.

Programs like these are crucial for prisoners to keep in touch with the society they may be returning to. Those who have shown interest know that you are embarking on a noble and essential role as a member of our society. Imagine not having an outlet for someone to speak to and exchange opinions and ideas with those still considering if you should. To know someone cared about your day, your health and essentially you. It does wonders to a person's ability to feel whole again and welcome back, despite their previous mishaps. I'll be working closely with Captain Moore to ensure this program is as stress-free as possible for you all!"

**Comments would be enabled and heavily moderated. Threats, profanity or racial slurs would be automatically filtered out or removed by moderators. The same would apply to offensive usernames.**

Spoiler

Format
Username:
Comment:

Edited by disnep

Username: waltinawhyte

Comment: with the state of SA rn id rather talk to felons than cops tbh.

but yeah this is kinda sus ngl. not all students are as... world weary as someone like me for example. can see this taking an unpleasant spin when someone without a good grasp on the penal system enrolls to talk to potential murderers. some of us aren't even old enough to buy alcohol why the hell would we wanna penpal hardened criminals???

On 4/6/2022 at 3:34 AM, Tsarna said:

Username: JustAnOpinion
Comment: What can go wrong there? 17-18 year old girls writing to sexual offenders and manipulators. Sorry, but this program should stay out of the University, imho. 

Username: cornball285

Comment: One thing you gotta give it to them is there are no sexual predators in county jail.

Source: Trust me. I know.

Edited by Sim

Username: ProtonElectronNeutron
Comment: 

Do you recall a time before ULSA got interested in condoning universal oppression? If so, then you must be a lot older than I because that’s pretty much all ULSA wants to do nowadays. The first thing I want to bring up is that ULSA has a knack for convincing mindless scammers that it’s perfectly safe to drink and drive. That’s called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like counterrevolutionist and unconstitutionality to keep its sales pitch from sounding irresponsible. That’s why you really have to look hard to see that ULSA’s faculty claim to have no choice but to pursue a twisted, conscienceless agenda under the guise of false concern for the environment, poverty, civil rights, or whatever. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, parvanimous moral weaklings. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn’t make and don’t understand. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but it is critical that we tackle the multinational death machine that ULSA is currently constructing. This needs to be done, not tomorrow, not in a week, not in a month, and not in a year. It needs to be done immediately, especially when one considers that Satan has been taking over more and more of ULSA’s mind and more and more of its heart, and this is making it more and more obstinate. That’s what I’m watching happen, and that’s what makes me say that it’s unstable, unbalanced, and unhinged. There are several logical contradictions in ULSA’s position on this matter. For example, thanks to it, a slow and secret poison has entered the vitals of our society, sapping from citizens that public courage which is nourished by the love of independence, the sense of national honor, the presence of danger, and the habit of command. All we’re left with is a somber realization that by refusing to act, by refusing to provide an antidote to contemporary manifestations of mischievous, lily-livered tuchungism, we are giving ULSA the power to indoctrinate children into its Trotskyism squad.

13 hours ago, H04X said:

Username: ProtonElectronNeutron
Comment: 

Do you recall a time before ULSA got interested in condoning universal oppression? If so, then you must be a lot older than I because that’s pretty much all ULSA wants to do nowadays. The first thing I want to bring up is that ULSA has a knack for convincing mindless scammers that it’s perfectly safe to drink and drive. That’s called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like counterrevolutionist and unconstitutionality to keep its sales pitch from sounding irresponsible. That’s why you really have to look hard to see that ULSA’s faculty claim to have no choice but to pursue a twisted, conscienceless agenda under the guise of false concern for the environment, poverty, civil rights, or whatever. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, parvanimous moral weaklings. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn’t make and don’t understand. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but it is critical that we tackle the multinational death machine that ULSA is currently constructing. This needs to be done, not tomorrow, not in a week, not in a month, and not in a year. It needs to be done immediately, especially when one considers that Satan has been taking over more and more of ULSA’s mind and more and more of its heart, and this is making it more and more obstinate. That’s what I’m watching happen, and that’s what makes me say that it’s unstable, unbalanced, and unhinged. There are several logical contradictions in ULSA’s position on this matter. For example, thanks to it, a slow and secret poison has entered the vitals of our society, sapping from citizens that public courage which is nourished by the love of independence, the sense of national honor, the presence of danger, and the habit of command. All we’re left with is a somber realization that by refusing to act, by refusing to provide an antidote to contemporary manifestations of mischievous, lily-livered tuchungism, we are giving ULSA the power to indoctrinate children into its Trotskyism squad.

username: fatnuts
comment: too long didnt read 

• Upvote 1