Weed should be legal, hear me out.

19 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

There are weed shops everywhere spread across LS, and there is a law proposal in the GTA universe is to make cocaine legal, so we can very safely assume if such a law is being discussed, then weed is very likely to already be legal. If weed wasn't legal, the shops wouldn't be opened in the first place and there would most likely not be a discussion about making coke legal.

We don't use singleplayer lore:

20 hours ago, Nervous said:

All singleplayer events are non existing.

I know you have a deep-seated hate for respecting anything in the GTA Universe, but also: 

We are all living in Los Santos, a fictionnal city.

The weed shops and the proposition aren't specific to the single player and have nothing to do with Franklin, Michael or Trevor ^^' 

It's not a personal view, it's how things are done here - they've simply been mis-perceived recently. I understand where the confusion is coming from, hopefully we can clear this up at a later date.

The proposition is a singleplayer event, specific to the singleplayer GTA Universe (which isn't just the main 3 characters, world events and factions that exist are included in SP lore/universe/whatever you want to call it). Just because there are posters IG =/= we're continuing on from it. The fictional city of LS is just used simply as our staging location for RP - as mentioned in the thread, we already have our own laws to completely overwrite singleplayer.

29 minutes ago, Pascal said:

It's not a personal view, it's how things are done here - they've simply been mis-perceived recently. I understand where the confusion is coming from, hopefully we can clear this up at a later date.

The proposition is a singleplayer event, specific to the singleplayer GTA Universe (which isn't just the main 3 characters, world events and factions that exist are included in SP lore/universe/whatever you want to call it). Just because there are posters IG =/= we're continuing on from it. The fictional city of LS is just used simply as our staging location for RP - as mentioned in the thread, we already have our own laws to completely overwrite singleplayer.

These be facts.

... yeah, let's admit because otherwise we'll never get out of it, I give up lol.

But I'd like to know... We're inspired by RL stuff? Weed's legal there. GTA stuff? Weed's legal there. If it's not on the server, it means there must a be a reason and... apart from giving cops more reasons to give tickets and jail people, I don't see many. =/ 

I dislike the fact that people suggest doing this throughout IC means. We have the possibility of role playing real life cars, real life brands & real life events... why not real life minor laws like this?

It’s really immersion killing when you can serve time for possession with intent to supply when you’re smoking or even carrying weed. We don’t have the necessary resources to appeal for this law to change IC so why do we have to keep repeating the same mistakes other heavy roleplay servers have made?

Whilst I respect that we have our own penal code, we need to really start thinking about what’s best for the server and what’s best for the role play immersion. There’s far too many organisations selling weed like it’s a drug to be risking getting caught with... come on guys, please think outside of the box and ask yourself if it’s really something necessary to have to go through the process of legalising what’s already legal in the majority of states in America, especially on the West Coast.

Without being taken wrong here - the police use many acronyms and policing methods the LAPD use, gang members listen to certain West Coast rappers and SOME of us base our gangs / organisations off real life West Coast factions. Double standards are highly frustrating!

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I believe this should be done IC and that people should stop making OOC suggestions for things that can be brought up in character.

I'm sorry if that sounds blunt, but... You're suggesting we make the suggestion IC to members of the government that don't exist, so it can be brought to deputies and senators that don't exist, in a campaign that can't exist since there is no legislative process or people who are part of it, before a governor that doesn't exist could validate it. I think there are a few flaws in the "apply it IC" argument here :( Especially since the issue seems to be stemming from an OOC mistake in the first place. If someone had decided, by mistake, to make it legal to go at speeds of 800mph on highways instead of 80, no one would be asking anyone to "take it IC". It would just be fixed, and done. 

how is this not a troll post lmao

1 hour ago, Topinambour said:

I'm sorry if that sounds blunt, but... You're suggesting we make the suggestion IC to members of the government that don't exist, so it can be brought to deputies and senators that don't exist, in a campaign that can't exist since there is no legislative process or people who are part of it, before a governor that doesn't exist could validate it. I think there are a few flaws in the "apply it IC" argument here :( Especially since the issue seems to be stemming from an OOC mistake in the first place. If someone had decided, by mistake, to make it legal to go at speeds of 800mph on highways instead of 80, no one would be asking anyone to "take it IC". It would just be fixed, and done. 

I was gonna say we should make this an IC change but tbh, we don't have a government that exists or does anything, so really there's no RP way to get this moved forward. I agree with Topinambour.

As it currently stands, the POSSESSION of marijuana is decriminalized as per the penal code.

However, given the lack of a genuine, IC government, and the fact that it may still take a while to set one up, I'm in favour of the suggestion.

As trollish as the opening post is, there is some substance to it. Maca's post more or less sums it up for me.

aye aye