County roleplay & county community

socrates

5 minutes ago, Numark said:

You literally cannot expect any kind of county RP when all businesses that open (except night clubs/bars) are just shown a middle finger from the citizens. The server has so many scripts for creating RP but most of them are just redundant now unfortunately.

24/7 - Dead (Nobody will open it in the county also except a few)

Petrol Stations RP - Dead

Coffee Shops - Some try but still dead for the most part (kudos to those who try)

Farming - Lol.

Trucking - Dead already for some

Fast food - Dream on (kudos to those who try)

Even if you live there, what will you do there? RP can only happen when businesses open around you.

Of course there might be a few people who are genuinely trying (like the OP is), however it gets spoiled by a few people ruining the fun for everyone. Even though this is supposed to be a "realistic world", people still login to have fun and not to deal with drama. They see drama, they just won't go to that place anymore, simple as that.

I agree with you, we're all trying to get our hands on the businesses that keep the community alive. I do small events like barbecues, hiking trips, fishing trips, etc., that keep the community alive a bit. The issue is that my character is not a fit for a business, and currently we're trying to make a list of owners in our Discord to determine what is happening. But yes, the 24/7 is dead, also the gas station. Farming is an issue, trucking exists though - there are companies, in which I won't into detail, but they are there. We have bars. 

We mostly miss diners or small businesses that do not required a physical business - some people in our community are working on a chicken farm, for example. 

It really depends on awareness of these businesses, but I still agree more should be open - at least one more bar and one diner, which is missing a lot. I'll speak with PM to see who owns them, and it's clear that no business owner does anything in that direction in Sandy at least - opening regularly and keeping a 'community feeling' in their diner. 

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, SOCRATES said:

I agree with you, we're all trying to get our hands on the businesses that keep the community alive. I do small events like barbecues, hiking trips, fishing trips, etc., that keep the community alive a bit. The issue is that my character is not a fit for a business, and currently we're trying to make a list of owners in our Discord to determine what is happening. But yes, the 24/7 is dead, also the gas station. Farming is an issue, trucking exists though - there are companies, in which I won't into detail, but they are there. We have bars. 

We mostly miss diners or small businesses that do not required a physical business - some people in our community are working on a chicken farm, for example. 

It really depends on awareness of these businesses, but I still agree more should be open - at least one more bar and one diner, which is missing a lot. I'll speak with PM to see who owns them, and it's clear that no business owner does anything in that direction in Sandy at least - opening regularly and keeping a 'community feeling' in their diner. 

I have created a character with the hope I can get a Diner at some point, having RPed the Food Truck on another character with some success, But I don't think it would be fitting for that one to up sticks and move to the county.  

1 hour ago, Numark said:

You literally cannot expect any kind of county RP when all businesses that open (except night clubs/bars) are just shown a middle finger from the citizens. The server has so many scripts for creating RP but most of them are just redundant now unfortunately.

24/7 - Dead (Nobody will open it in the county also except a few)

Petrol Stations RP - Dead

Coffee Shops - Some try but still dead for the most part (kudos to those who try)

Farming - Lol.

Trucking - Dead already for some

Fast food - Dream on (kudos to those who try)

Even if you live there, what will you do there? RP can only happen when businesses open around you.

Of course there might be a few people who are genuinely trying (like the OP is), however it gets spoiled by a few people ruining the fun for everyone. Even though this is supposed to be a "realistic world", people still login to have fun and not to deal with drama. They see drama, they just won't go to that place anymore, simple as that.

A quick edit at this: I spoke with the owner of one diner in Sandy, we're trying to sort things out because they have IRL stuff going on.

Mostly, the issue is that there are not enough employees, they are struggling to find enough so they can have a cook, servers ,etc. - people would need to stick around with the diner or whatever they want to join.

13 minutes ago, TotalDeeJay said:

I have created a character with the hope I can get a Diner at some point, having RPed the Food Truck on another character with some success, But I don't think it would be fitting for that one to up sticks and move to the county.  

This sounds nice, it might be your timezone that affects the business. 

Yeah I'm just gonna add running a diner is much harder than a bar. Considering it focuses on the rp. People expect a fast food or bar service and get pissed when people are too busy with previous rp trying to portray a proper diner experience. It's not as simple as putting a blip down and done. Think of any restaurant you ever go to. Then put it in rp format. Yeah it's lengthy and shit. It's also not that business owners don't want to open it's that some places are NOT one man shows and require tons of employees. Now factor in timezones. If you have enough workers for a shift , will it even work if you all can't get on at the same time?? Real life comes first and the fact it's simply being boiled down to "people don't care" or "they don't want community" this is a down right lie. Everyone who gets a business have intentions to help with community activity. You need to consider the other issues or background troubles they may be having especially if it's a business that requires multiple people to run it 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SOCRATES said:

Mostly, the issue is that there are not enough employees, they are struggling to find enough so they can have a cook, servers ,etc. - people would need to stick around with the diner or whatever they want to join.

This is the main hurdle server-wide, really. Nobody wants to work consistently for the sake of RP, not even for hefty sums. Clubs are no different, despite what people may think.

When I was managing Ji-Ok in Koreatown, which was meant to be neighborhood-centered and catering to the specific neighborhood, it was very important to have a recurring cast of local characters whose civilian career was being a doorman or a bartender and you'd recognize week after week, and no amount of money in the world would keep me from chasing people down ten minutes before opening time.

Many openings had to cancel because out of the half a dozen factions around my character nobody would spare two hours a week to facilitate everyone's RP (despite everyone asking for the club to open and paying the highest salaries in the industry).

Edited by Koko
5 minutes ago, SOCRATES said:

This is another big issue, finding staff. Most wouldn't wanna do chef/cook RP since its just an RP involving yourself mostly behind the kitchen doors. IMO people working in these areas should get some kind of incentive (higher pay maybe) but then that's totally up to the owner I guess.

41 minutes ago, dontblink said:

Yeah I'm just gonna add running a diner is much harder than a bar. Considering it focuses on the rp. People expect a fast food or bar service and get pissed when people are too busy with previous rp trying to portray a proper diner experience. It's not as simple as putting a blip down and done. Think of any restaurant you ever go to. Then put it in rp format. Yeah it's lengthy and shit. It's also not that business owners don't want to open it's that some places are NOT one man shows and require tons of employees. Now factor in timezones. If you have enough workers for a shift , will it even work if you all can't get on at the same time?? Real life comes first and the fact it's simply being boiled down to "people don't care" or "they don't want community" this is a down right lie. Everyone who gets a business have intentions to help with community activity. You need to consider the other issues or background troubles they may be having especially if it's a business that requires multiple people to run it 

While i agree with most of your points, there's a few I disagree with. Yes its true that its even harder to run a restaurant/niche business with shortage of staff along with r/l stuff and time-zones, however its not a showstopper. I have worked in fast food joints in one on my character and yes while it seemed hard to get more employees, its not that the business was not running at all. The number of people coming were few (which is good) so you don't really need an army of staff (this was 3 years ago though lol). Also we're talking about small scale diners/joints which can be run by the owners themselves and a couple of servers (even only one server can do), but then again its VERY hard to find them even lol.

Don't get me wrong but if you open such a niche business, the owner has to show some interest in the business as well by working behind the scenes and not just rely on someone else to do the hard work for them and they just sit and collect the money. (Trust me I have come across several owners like these).

37 minutes ago, Numark said:

This is another big issue, finding staff. Most wouldn't wanna do chef/cook RP since its just an RP involving yourself mostly behind the kitchen doors. IMO people working in these areas should get some kind of incentive (higher pay maybe) but then that's totally up to the owner I guess.

While i agree with most of your points, there's a few I disagree with. Yes its true that its even harder to run a restaurant/niche business with shortage of staff along with r/l stuff and time-zones, however its not a showstopper. I have worked in fast food joints in one on my character and yes while it seemed hard to get more employees, its not that the business was not running at all. The number of people coming were few (which is good) so you don't really need an army of staff (this was 3 years ago though lol). Also we're talking about small scale diners/joints which can be run by the owners themselves and a couple of servers (even only one server can do), but then again its VERY hard to find them even lol.

Don't get me wrong but if you open such a niche business, the owner has to show some interest in the business as well by working behind the scenes and not just rely on someone else to do the hard work for them and they just sit and collect the money. (Trust me I have come across several owners like these).

We tried to run a diner with 3 people and it was not enough, and got busy stupid fast. So in my opinion three is not enough for this kind of rp especially when you need to work around timezones and real life commitments like families, children, work etc. Which can be a show stopper, actually especially if there are new born or young children involved in the rl commitments. There is always a hope that one would have the advantage of others interested to assist and work as its part of the community activity. Of course some real life commitments come out of the blue and are unexpected 

My argument is the fact diners as example rrquire more focus and more rp. It's not take an order and youre done, there's some discussion, communication. Think of any real life diner or restaurant. If there's one server and the place is busy ? It's not fun and stressful especially when rp takes more time then talking irl

28 minutes ago, dontblink said:

We tried to run a diner with 3 people and it was not enough, and got busy stupid fast. So in my opinion three is not enough for this kind of rp especially when you need to work around timezones and real life commitments like families, children, work etc. Which can be a show stopper, actually especially if there are new born or young children involved in the rl commitments. There is always a hope that one would have the advantage of others interested to assist and work as its part of the community activity. Of course some real life commitments come out of the blue and are unexpected 

My argument is the fact diners as example rrquire more focus and more rp. It's not take an order and youre done, there's some discussion, communication. Think of any real life diner or restaurant. If there's one server and the place is busy ? It's not fun and stressful especially when rp takes more time then talking irl

Nobody asked anyone to sit here and RP all day, not sure why you are taking it that way...

• Wuhtah locked this topic