County roleplay & county community

socrates

15 hours ago, Sumnik said:

Same issue I'm facing. And not just in the county but the city too. Idk why people can't play/RP with "older" characters. Not everyone needs to be a 20 yo. You can have acquaintances that are older. It's totally normal. If you're 35+ on the server everyone treats you like a grandpa. It's absurd.

The problem is that there's no real identity to most businesses. Realistically IRL there's bars and clubs for 20 year olds, and others that cater and attract older crowds.

Here everything is somehow meant to be an open invitation to host the largest crowd, aka your 35 year old sticks out like a sore thumb if you go out and aren't RPing like "a grown up" because 20 yesr olds go literally everywhere that's advertised.

5 minutes ago, Koko said:

The problem is that there's no real identity to most businesses. Realistically IRL there's bars and clubs for 20 year olds, and others that cater and attract older crowds.

Here everything is somehow meant to be an open invitation to host the largest crowd, aka your 35 year old sticks out like a sore thumb if you go out and aren't RPing like "a grown up" because 20 yesr olds go literally everywhere that's advertised.

When you’re sitting in a dirty biker crowded dive bar in the middle of nowhere and the fraternity Sunday crew show up in their dad’s Ubermacht only to start a fight because somebody offended their bro’s blonde pommade, dude. 

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

When you’re sitting in a dirty biker crowded dive bar in the middle of nowhere and the fraternity Sunday crew show up in their dad’s Ubermacht only to start a fight because somebody offended their bro’s blonde pommade, dude. 

Yeah immersion ruined. I hate when city characters come up to Sandy or Paleto when a biker/country bar opens up. It makes literally no sense.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Yeah, you have a definite crowd that likes to take their "funny" characters to any fish out of water situation like wOaH dUdE tHaTs So wAcKy even if it's one of the few options at certain niches of RP some circles have. Not all RP out there is meant to be tagged by your character, leave people to their own spaces instead of having the tenth example of a character who thinks the county/the hood is a fun zoo to go visit at random.

When I ran my food truck out the Jamestown projects, made for local hood characters to have a minor, relatively "safe spot" to sort of eat around, chat and dip, there was not a single day where some random guy in a sports car wouldn't come down to throw money at all the poor people so they'd let him eat a cheap $150 Jamaican Patty in the corner of Jamestown with Carson because nothing else was open.

• Applaud 1
On 4/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, Rhelli said:

This is true. People need to realize that sometimes people need a change of pace. City characters might want a simpler life, and settle down to work in the county, but some people gatekeep it as their own territory. People should be more accepting towards the city people who move out to Paleto, Grapeseed, Sandy with an RV. They're trying to establish themselves there, but if the locals are hostile, it's going to end up as a toxic circlejerk where you'll end up hating your own neighbors. You don't think they fit all that well into the county? Offer them a helping hand instead of telling them to go back to the city.

This. I tried giving it a chance and was honestly disgusted by how hostile they could be. Being from the city, I was expecting that kind of behaviour in LS and not there.  

Edited by Muerta
  • Upvote 1
On 4/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, Nani mo Iranai said:

Here on GTAWorld, people refuse to age their characters up.

As a LEO roleplayer I only aged my character up when advancing in rank which IRL would take months/years. Playing a character day by day is far more immersive than throwing him 3 years into the future.

If I decided to age him up 3 years tomorrow it would completely mess up his dynamic and timeline with other characters. Characters that he had a student teacher relationship with would now be the same age, making earlier RP a time paradox. 

Edited by pateuvasiliu

You literally cannot expect any kind of county RP when all businesses that open (except night clubs/bars) are just shown a middle finger from the citizens. The server has so many scripts for creating RP but most of them are just redundant now unfortunately.

24/7 - Dead (Nobody will open it in the county also except a few)

Petrol Stations RP - Dead

Coffee Shops - Some try but still dead for the most part (kudos to those who try)

Farming - Lol.

Trucking - Dead already for some

Fast food - Dream on (kudos to those who try)

Even if you live there, what will you do there? RP can only happen when businesses open around you.

Of course there might be a few people who are genuinely trying (like the OP is), however it gets spoiled by a few people ruining the fun for everyone. Even though this is supposed to be a "realistic world", people still login to have fun and not to deal with drama. They see drama, they just won't go to that place anymore, simple as that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic