County roleplay & county community

socrates

8 hours ago, Sumnik said:

Same issue I'm facing. And not just in the county but the city too. Idk why people can't play/RP with "older" characters. Not everyone needs to be a 20 yo. You can have acquaintances that are older. It's totally normal. If you're 35+ on the server everyone treats you like a grandpa. It's absurd.

Try rping 50+, you're practically dead.

1 hour ago, Meatball said:

Try rping 50+, you're practically dead.

Facts.

Most chars are under 30. I feel like it might be because then they fit into the club scene better but really not sure. In my opinion, people should have their chars start off youngish (as long as that makes sense for their backstory) and age them as the character develops; it makes sense. A bunch of 20 year olds with 5 cars, a house in the hills and established businesses is a LITTLE off.........

Edited by Don't@Me
1 hour ago, Don't@Me said:

Facts.

Most chars are under 30. I feel like it might be because then they fit into the club scene better but really not sure. In my opinion, people should have their chars start off youngish (as long as that makes sense for their backstory) and age them as the character develops; it makes sense. A bunch of 20 year olds with 5 cars, a house in the hills and established businesses is a LITTLE off.........

I don't want to start my characters at 20 and then have to "age them". That's way way too time consuming. And a lot of people will get CKd before they reach any "age".

1 hour ago, Sumnik said:

I don't want to start my characters at 20 and then have to "age them". That's way way too time consuming. And a lot of people will get CKd before they reach any "age".

Not necessarily true. I've had my character for nearly 4 years and she's been aged up by 8. It's simple af to go into attributes at tick the up arrow once. 

It all depends on what you want to do, obviously, it's your character. If you don't give up on your chars after a few months and can tiptoe past getting CK'd, starting young works as long as your backstory fits. 

Everyone RPs differently, but IN MY OPINION, aging needs to be more of a thing and people outgha play the long game. Take that as you will!

2 minutes ago, Don't@Me said:

Not necessarily true. I've had my character for nearly 4 years and she's been aged up by 8. It's simple af to go into attributes at tick the up arrow once. 

It all depends on what you want to do, obviously, it's your character. If you don't give up on your chars after a few months and can tiptoe past getting CK'd, starting young works as long as your backstory fits. 

Everyone RPs differently, but IN MY OPINION, aging needs to be more of a thing and people outgha play the long game. Take that as you will!

Here on GTAWorld, people refuse to age their characters up.

2 minutes ago, Don't@Me said:

I understand what you mean. But the server is already saturated to hell with young characters. If we go and do it like this, it is going to take ages to have an aging population. Add to the fact that it is impossible for players like me who don't play 8 hours a day or some shit. I got a wife, full time job and a plethora of other hobbies. Play a few hours a week. By the time my 20 yo is 40 I'll be retired IRL or the server will have died. 

The bottom line is that people are RPing young people. And I understand, because they themselves are in their 20s (I'm 26). It's more difficult to RP an older character. More limitations.

A problem arises. The youngsters don't know how to RP with older folks. They don't want them around in clubs, groups, or even gangs. Even though this makes 0 sense. Take a look at the current "gang" meta. If you aren't 15 - 16 yo. The chance you're getting into a gang is none. Even though this is complete bullshit IRL.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

Here on GTAWorld, people refuse to age their characters up.

That's what I don't understand. How can someone that's 25 or under have $2 million in assets and a business realistically?

1 minute ago, Sumnik said:

I understand what you mean. But the server is already saturated to hell with young characters. If we go and do it like this, it is going to take ages to have an aging population. Add to the fact that it is impossible for players like me who don't play 8 hours a day or some shit. I got a wife, full time job and a plethora of other hobbies. Play a few hours a week. By the time my 20 yo is 40 I'll be retired IRL or the server will have died. 

The bottom line is that people are RPing young people. And I understand, because they themselves are in their 20s (I'm 26). It's more difficult to RP an older character. More limitations.

A problem arises. The youngsters don't know how to RP with older folks. They don't want them around in clubs, groups, or even gangs. Even though this makes 0 sense. Take a look at the current "gang" meta. If you aren't 15 - 16 yo. The chance you're getting into a gang is none. Even though this is complete bullshit IRL.

I hear this, yup. It does take a lot of hours to really get a character far in their lives. What it boils down to is a weird kind of ageism; like gangs/regular civs not being interested in older folks. I get it, I do, older characters are like memes now. Hopefully with Pearly Gates Retirement Home opening up, we can get some older characters pushed to the forefront. Give people some inspiration to try something new. I've heard RPing as a elderly was the most fun some people have had on the server...

@Ratfink25 I'm talking about you ;)

17 minutes ago, Sumnik said:

I mean personally I always the thought the best approach to aging up was just to do it when hitting IC milestones, rather than relying on the amount of hours you spent on a character. In a span of five months I aged up my drug dealer from 23 to 28 and roughly did it by one year every time a notable change happened in her life.  However I do agree that aging up into an older(40+) character comes with it's own downsides to the social rp scene as most businesses seem to cater to the young adult clubbing scene sadly.

With illegal rp specifically I'd just suggest focusing on being an independent criminal and/or associating/joining with organized crime syndicates, rather than street gangs since those scenes are more friendly to older characters. On a side note just because you can't join a street gang doesn't mean you can't still interact with them if they permit it. I mean you could always buy/sell them weapons, drugs and offer to mentor certain members in criminal activity if you're a veteran criminal(ala Franklin & Michael).

1 hour ago, Don't@Me said:

That's what I don't understand. How can someone that's 25 or under have $2 million in assets and a business realistically?

I hear this, yup. It does take a lot of hours to really get a character far in their lives. What it boils down to is a weird kind of ageism; like gangs/regular civs not being interested in older folks. I get it, I do, older characters are like memes now. Hopefully with Pearly Gates Retirement Home opening up, we can get some older characters pushed to the forefront. Give people some inspiration to try something new. I've heard RPing as a elderly was the most fun some people have had on the server...

@Ratfink25 I'm talking about you 😉

❤️ It really is fun! That's why me and my other elders decided to open up Pearly Gates! To give us elder rpr's a place to have events and things like that. And hopefully it will succeed and give people a reason to rp being older!

15 hours ago, Sumnik said:

Same issue I'm facing. And not just in the county but the city too. Idk why people can't play/RP with "older" characters. Not everyone needs to be a 20 yo. You can have acquaintances that are older. It's totally normal. If you're 35+ on the server everyone treats you like a grandpa. It's absurd.

Let's be friends then XD

• Wuhtah locked this topic