County roleplay & county community

socrates

1 minute ago, Necuno said:

I've not seen the Boathouse or Yellowjacket open at all, but that could just be my TZ.  The biker place in Sandy does open

There's about like 6 different bars in Sandy Shores in general. The only one that opens up at least ONCE a week is Trippy's. Honestly what we need more of is shops and restaurants, I've been suggesting that for a while but whenever it was mentioned IC and OOC it was automatically turned down lmao

6 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

There's about like 6 different bars in Sandy Shores in general. The only one that opens up at least ONCE a week is Trippy's. Honestly what we need more of is shops and restaurants, I've been suggesting that for a while but whenever it was mentioned IC and OOC it was automatically turned down lmao

I have no idea whether inactivity applies to commercial property but these places are essential to creating pass through visitors and congregation points for people.  

38 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

We don't need more, we just need people who want to RP being employees of these such bars.

3 minutes ago, Now You See Me said:

We don't need more, we just need people who want to RP being employees of these such bars.

I've set up two business channels on the new Sandy community for the unofficial group - one for openings and one for hiring.   If there's a business desperately seeking staff they can post in there for people to know what sort of roleplay is going to come from it and where to apply IC.   If you're one of the business owners reach out and I'll give you the proper groups.  

1 hour ago, Now You See Me said:

Not everyone's an alcoholic lol. If the only businesses that open in a single area are dusty ass bars then no wonder why the area's dead. We do need more businesses that CREATE RP like I said, actual stores. The fact that the only business that isn't a bar that actually opens in the area is a ARCADE is lowkey depressing.

Again, in agreement with those who have mentioned that many people think that the second they head up to Sandy Shores/Paleto, they're in the Wild West with a entire 'fellur' accents. Please have a look at this video, which shows what Sandy Shores is based off of:

Very interesting to see - Sandy Shores isn't designed to be a HUGE community if we're aiming to realistically portray LA's counterpart properly, Bombay Beach is ran-down, its businesses are in no manner thriving and it's not a hot-spot for vacations like many people seem to treat its in-game counterpart. The Alamo, if portrayed as seen above, is polluted to hell, which I've seen people refer to in-game, which is always neat. You've also, of course, got areas like Stab City; This is described as a lawless part of California, it's filled with eccentrics, hippies, veterans, tweakers and more. Vice did a great documentary on it, should you wish to portray a character who lives in the area. It's by no means a place you would want a 'Vacation Trailer'.

And then moving forth to Grapeseed, which is actually probably one of the toughest places to find a real-life counterpart due to how scaled down it is. It's referenced to be based on three separate areas, Bakersfield, Lamont and Grapevine. You'll find that if you look to the media on any of these places, they're all actually gang-stricken which I got a chuckle out of given the state of the reaction to gangs (Crip & blood) around the County. 

One place that COULD have the potential that I've seen listed above for restaurants and whatnot is Harmony, based on Victorville. This short-ish video can show you was the Harmony town's real-life counterpart has to offer, and you can see how well it thrives due to it:

The scaling issue is something that's unable to be worked around, but I'd say it's important to look at the above when wishing to portray a character in these regions, portrayal in a heavy-RP server should be something constantly in mind, and I think the gate-keeping mentioned would falter if we all paid a bit more attention to what these areas are based off of.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

For me the most difficult part of doing County RP on the server is the lack of more mature folks, 40, 50 or 60 years old char is almost non existent, everyone is young. So my character most of the times says hello to the young folks and I go get drunk alone. 

The more older folk that appear are second characters that appear during one week and then disappear... Although I been rping for almost one year in Paleto, the friends of my characters age are shadows that never returned.

County rp doesn't need to be large on numbers but needs to have continuity and consistency. One huge example is del Vechio that is active almost every day, it gives flavour to Paleto to have such consistent place to be open, like pixel Pete was. The other places dies rather quickly.

Paleto Bay was great a couple of months ago, was consistent.. but only lasted 2 months.

1 hour ago, doble_brown said:

For me the most difficult part of doing County RP on the server is the lack of more mature folks, 40, 50 or 60 years old char is almost non existent, everyone is young. So my character most of the times says hello to the young folks and I go get drunk alone. 

The more older folk that appear are second characters that appear during one week and then disappear... Although I been rping for almost one year in Paleto, the friends of my characters age are shadows that never returned.

County rp doesn't need to be large on numbers but needs to have continuity and consistency. One huge example is del Vechio that is active almost every day, it gives flavour to Paleto to have such consistent place to be open, like pixel Pete was. The other places dies rather quickly.

Paleto Bay was great a couple of months ago, was consistent.. but only lasted 2 months.

Same issue I'm facing. And not just in the county but the city too. Idk why people can't play/RP with "older" characters. Not everyone needs to be a 20 yo. You can have acquaintances that are older. It's totally normal. If you're 35+ on the server everyone treats you like a grandpa. It's absurd.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic