County roleplay & county community

socrates

15 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

I should also add that most county characters are stereotypes played by Europeans who think the second you step out of an American city you're transported in to the deep rural red south with cowboys and hillbillies talking with thick, almost incomprehensibly Southern accents. And makes most people rarely go to the county unless forced to. Its just not enjoyable, and most characters seem rather one dimensional and lazily done mockups of what people think rural America is.

this is an exaggeration. i've been rping in the county since september full time and i've seen 2 characters like this in that timespan.

don't be put off, the county is a great place if you can roleplay a low wealth character with some meaning. most of the people i encounter are normal residents, or tweakers, both of which are roleplayed just fine imo

• Upvote 1

double post but i simply dont give a F, if you're also complaining about the lack of trailers and residence in the county but want to or have a county rp character, reach out to PM and they will after a brief vibe check assess you and possibly hand you one of the many empty trailers around the county. there's quite a few, but people just complain on the forums about lack of housing to mallrats - this is a myth. talk to PM

• Upvote 2

I've been rping in the county for over an year. I've seen all kinds. Honestly, if you see something out of place you can always report it. I even do it myself. And I definitely recommend county rp.

Sometimes it pains me that people think it's a place where only junkies, hobos, farmers with weird accent and very low wealth people reside. 

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

The only times we've banned people from the discord is for being racist OOC or spreading hate comments. 

I got kicked out of the discord a long time ago because I was a sandy rper and I never once wrote shit that was toxic. I never bothered going back because that pissed me off. 

1 hour ago, SOCRATES said:

First of all, thank you everyone dedicating their time to explain what's wrong with the county community, I can see that there are a few of ideas that are common with most of y'all. I'd love to start a community in the county, to have a fresh start, including both illegal and legal roleplay, to create this lovely small town experience for everyone coming to the county side. I'm mostly referring to Sandy Shores, that's where I like it more, compared to Paleto. 

Speaking about businesses, what it's open in the Sandy Shores area, it's our duty to expand that. If we want to create a community, first we have to gather a couple who are dedicated to this, then we can move forward to create businesses that will increase the economy - small factories, maybe, some jobs that are not exclusively about bars and 24/7s.

This would be nice if we had the space and locations to make other businesses. We are limited on what's available too. 

As for county rp, it doesn't help when there's people almost consistently being robbed out there. Makes it no fun. My friends character got robbed 3 times in a week in county. 

As a trucker I would love to prioritize the county therefore all business owners, please double check your business delivery markers to make them Pounder-friendly and convenient. I have a friend who is starting a trucking company that will prioritize the county too, so logistics should be sorted for the most part. We can do this, people.

As far as the discussed issues go, like said above - just report any BS and we can definitely bring that place to life. Me personally - I haven't really roleplayed in the county before outside of a small RP server so this is definitely gonna bring back a lot of nostalgia for me and it might finally be something that won't burn me out like the shithole that Los Santos currently is. No hate on the city roleplayers, I just think that the county is a very underrated spot and that come to think of it, I enjoyed it much more on that smaller server I've played on than current LS on GTAW.

We definitely need to get rid of property hoarders, or alternatively we can just add more houses like we did in Mirror Park. Trailers are cool and all but we're not all hillbillies and rednecks. That shouldn't be what fuels the roleplay or what we should rely on for housing. We need normal, perhaps even generic folk populating the county as well. As someone who has driven thousands of miles through the county I can tell you, I rarely see these county housing areas such as Paleto or Chumash populated and they could be much better utilized by other people. Same goes for Sandy Shores - straight empty.

Also regarding trucking, for fuck's sake can we please get more suppliers in the county? Tools are only in the city, same with Alcohol. This might contribute to the business struggles.

Edited by hentai!
6 minutes ago, hentai! said:

As a trucker I would love to prioritize the county therefore all business owners, please double check your business delivery markers to make them Pounder-friendly and convenient. I have a friend who is starting a trucking company that will prioritize the county too, so logistics should be sorted for the most part. We can do this, people.

As far as the discussed issues go, like said above - just report any BS and we can definitely bring that place to life. Me personally - I haven't really roleplayed in the county before outside of a small RP server so this is definitely gonna bring back a lot of nostalgia for me and it might finally be something that won't burn me out like the shithole that Los Santos currently is. No hate on the city roleplayers, I just think that the county is a very underrated spot and that come to think of it, I enjoyed it much more on that smaller server I've played on than current LS on GTAW.

We definitely need to get rid of property hoarders, or alternatively we can just add more houses like we did in Mirror Park. Trailers are cool and all but we're not all hillbillies and rednecks. That shouldn't be what fuels the roleplay or what we should rely on for housing. We need normal, perhaps even generic folk populating the county as well. As someone who has driven thousands of miles through the county I can tell you, I rarely see these county housing areas such as Paleto or Chumash populated and they could be much better utilized by other people. Same goes for Sandy Shores - straight empty.

Also regarding trucking, for fuck's sake can we please get more suppliers in the county? Tools are only in the city, same with Alcohol. This might contribute to the business struggles.

Yep county business suffers hugely because of the fact that supply points for trucking are literally counter productive for delivering out there. Additionally, the crate payment system punishes county businesses for being farther from the supply points.

“They can just pay extra per crate”. Yeah but what people don’t realize that at a certain price, the business is barely profitable and literally has to spend extra money just to open, let alone make a profit. That’s not fun at all. 

Also yes, businesses need to keep in mind that larger trucks are delivering and put their drop off points in more easily accessible areas. Some of the drop-offs out there are ridiculous and truckers end up not even bothering with it lol. 

As someone that's RP'd solely in the county for the past few years, I have my doubts on some people moving to the county.

As I see it, the county isn't a place to be littered with sports cars and gold chains. It's a low-income area for the most part, more blue collar. It seems that the majority of people on the server all work towards being rich, the more cars in their driveway the better. I don't think that's the right mentality for the county. I think all anyone needs is some sort of roof over their head, a reliable daily vehicle, beer in the fridge and some kind of quad or dirtbike, then call it a day.
Yeah, RP in the county is slower, there isn't 50+ people yelling over each other in every bar, but when you do meet some people and build a relationship it's a lot more rewarding and tends to be stronger. I find the RP quality in the county to be higher as well, probably because people want to RP when they run into someone else. When there's less people talking over each other, it really gives the opportunity to bang out long /me's and put some effort into it. That reason alone is what keeps me out of LS.

It's all about getting creative with how you want to spend your time. Join an off-road club, invite some people over for a bonfire, go take a hike, hunt down some dinner, sit on your porch and shake your head at every Park Ranger that flies by your place. There's an endless list of shit to do, it doesn't have to be bar hopping.

ALSO, who cares if the mass majority of county RPers are a hick? The county's the only place for those kind of characters as far as I can tell. The rat race in the city doesn't offer a blue collar worker anything besides people talking smack about their rusted up truck... Which is lame.

• Wuhtah locked this topic