County roleplay & county community

socrates

I should also add that most county characters are stereotypes played by Europeans who think the second you step out of an American city you're transported in to the deep rural red south with cowboys and hillbillies talking with thick, almost incomprehensibly Southern accents. And makes most people rarely go to the county unless forced to. Its just not enjoyable, and most characters seem rather one dimensional and lazily done mockups of what people think rural America is.

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Rhelli said:

City characters might want a simpler life, and settle down to work in the county, but some people gatekeep it as their own territory.

You're right to some extent but city characters usually end up disturbing the peace actually. At one point we literally had a huge group of quirky goth femchars with stutters and sports cars showing up which really ruined a lot.

28 minutes ago, Rhelli said:

People should be more accepting towards the city people who move out to Paleto, Grapeseed, Sandy with an RV.

This too, it's really just the fact that people are stuck in their own little world of thinking these spots are in the middle of butt-fuck Kentucky lol.
Like I said before, a good 75-80% of the factions are power hungry and/or tend to go on a power trip sometimes. I think probably the only problem with Paleto is the fact that you got mostly city characters owning a house up there just to say "Hey I got MONEY, I have a vacation house look at me.", or usually just the same stereotypical clone character either being in FD that has dyed hair and little to no personality or once again (not being toxic, just stating the norm, again.), a country character. Now, there's nothing wrong with being from Texas or Kentucky or whatever, but it does get old when everyone and their mother thinks it's cool to implement that into an area that has so much more potential. In Sandy? I expect to see freaks, geeks, normal people, mentally ill people, bikers, and maybe even some "real 'muricans", but it seems like people really just enjoy sticking to the same old shit that ruins that experience.

Edited by GOBLIN
5 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

"Hey I got MONEY, I have a vacation house look at me."

This is reportable, by the way. If you see people like this, or suspect that a house is owned by someone who RPs mainly (or full time) in the city, just file a PM report and they will handle it. Same goes for people trying to profit by selling houses there for like 2 millions.

The problem is, even if you differ a BIT from the norm, or seem like a character who's from the city, the pitchforks come out instead of trying to help them integrate into the county life. My character generally tries to treat people the same way they treat my character. If they're being obnoxious, sure, they might get called out on it and get told to keep it down, cause they're making clowns out of themselves.

All in all, I think we can agree that people need to stop treating north SA as the deep south, and treat it more like a small town a few miles away from the big city.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DaDewd said:

Community roleplay encourages other people to come to the county. Especially if that community starts opening businesses in the areas, establish networking, and can host events. I firmly believe that the County has some of the more fun RP experiences. It's a nice change of pace. IT would only add to the diversity of the server to have both big city rp and small town rp. I myself have been having the urge to revive some sort of county RP and am very excited to see I'm not alone in this. Tongvan approved!

I can always bring it back, J.S.

36 minutes ago, Rhelli said:

This is reportable, by the way. If you see people like this, or suspect that a house is owned by someone who RPs mainly (or full time) in the city, just file a PM report and they will handle it. Same goes for people trying to profit by selling houses there for like 2 millions.

I have before, that's the thing. PM usually forgets or doesn't care lol.

There has been some great country role play community times on this server, but it takes a lot of effort from all involved in the area to make it feel like a community including the illegal factions.  I actually think the factions ability to work with non-faction members and welcome them into their areas is the secret.  I'm not faction bashing as I haven't rp'd in the county for a long time so I have no idea what the current scene is like, but that is what made the difference in the past.

2 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

I have before, that's the thing. PM usually forgets or doesn't care lol.

I got to gives props to PM in this case actually, they have been great in clearing out the summer homes and inactive, and actively offering them out to northern based RP'ers. Also on dealing with the overpriced/vinewood hill duplex mapped houses.

Edited by Cartoonhead
1 minute ago, Cartoonhead said:

I got to gives props to PM in this case actually, they have been great in clearing out the summer homes and inactive, and actively offering them out to northern based RP'ers.

They used to ignore shit, not sure what the case is but if that IS the case then good for them. This still doesn't excuse the fact that I've literally seen random people that barely rp in the county pop out of one of the houses or trailers that could actually be used by someone who's ACTUALLY rping in the area.

1 hour ago, GOBLIN said:

They used to ignore shit, not sure what the case is but if that IS the case then good for them. This still doesn't excuse the fact that I've literally seen random people that barely rp in the county pop out of one of the houses or trailers that could actually be used by someone who's ACTUALLY rping in the area.

We have been on top of it more as our team has been growing with more active people 🙂

As for the people who barely RP and have taken the properties, please understand that most of us are not RPing in the county, so we don't know if this is happening or not. Reporting goes a long way and we have specifically made sure reports based on the county have been answered and updated.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been thinking of heading out into the county with a new character, since I used to have a county character I genuinely had fun with. As other people have said, nowadays unless you’re the stereotypical in-the-middle-of-nowhere Deep South type character, lately you’re just met with hostility and “go back to the city”. It’s honestly very tiring. Not sure where or when it turned that way because it didn’t use to be like that.  

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic