County roleplay & county community

socrates

ee79063a3aaa1c7a754f524f485ca2a0.png

County roleplay

The county area is an amazing place, with great potential, that leads to unique ideas & factions. Over the years, I'm sure we've all seen some crazy ideas that were expanding the normal area of roleplay we might see every day on GTA WORLD (@Mecovy and his brewery - ACCESS, and many more, of course). I feel that some type of roleplay can only be made in these areas, and I'm not talking about the classical redneck roleplay, but farming, brewery, and much more that basically transforms a small town into a community.

I see that there's a decrease in activity in such places now, compared to a few years back, and I was wondering what are your thoughts on this - how important is county roleplay for you and how do you see it, where does it stand? 

Do you think that county roleplay should be brought back to life? I'm not saying it's totally dead, but I can see that most of the time the place seems rather dead than alive. 

County community

Some of you may know, and most will probably not remember, but I ran Carson over SA:MP, and it was basically this community&faction idea where we would merge into this big community to help the county roleplay exist. We had no rules but the server ones, we were both legal and illegal, we've had people that were roleplaying 15 y/o to old guys like myself, and it was very fun - having no restriction made the entire community very strong and diverse, and this is what I think it's missing from the county area right now. I see that they added park rangers, there's a lot of script to support the county roleplay, and also a lot of staff support on that matter, but I'm curious why people mostly avoid this area. It would be a great thing to have a 'smaller version' of Los Santos out in the desert, where people would act different and bring out the best in that environment. 

Thanks,

Socrates

#1 edit: I'm more likely speaking about a community rather than seeing factions - to have that small town community around, this was my main idea and how do you guys see it, how much of that exists, or does not.

Edited by SOCRATES
  • Applaud 1

Community roleplay encourages other people to come to the county. Especially if that community starts opening businesses in the areas, establish networking, and can host events. I firmly believe that the County has some of the more fun RP experiences. It's a nice change of pace. IT would only add to the diversity of the server to have both big city rp and small town rp. I myself have been having the urge to revive some sort of county RP and am very excited to see I'm not alone in this. Tongvan approved!

• Upvote 1

Paleto community is toxic, they run a "community discord" but they ban any1 who isnt in their friend circle. This is well known and leaves people sour about the area.

I've seen good things around Sandy and Grapeseed though.

County roleplay has been destroyed by people who enjoy making typical "Yee-haw /me tips his cowboy hat and jingles his spurs" aka country characters (even though we're in the county and not the country), people buying trailers only to use their exterior mapping kits to build HUGE walls around them, property hoarders, literally no other businesses than 2 pawnshops and 12 bars which barely even open, factions power tripping and jumping to conclusions towards every character assuming that their forte is doing illegal deeds (because what's legal rp??), and the list honestly goes on. 
County roleplay had so much potential and was actually extremely enjoyable at one point. But due to a hefty amount of the residents, businesses, lack of research AND inactivity, county roleplay is sadly dying out into a big mess. (I'm not being toxic I swear, I'm simply just stating what it is.)

Edited by GOBLIN
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2

These things generally come and go as much as every few months when someone takes on the mantle of leading the charge and there's some buzz around it. Personally, having tried my best to start the same thing in the past in South Central, and having been a part of several other community initiatives, I'm all for community RP as long as it's not OOCly centralized and dominated by particular faction cliques who dictate what is right or wrong (and eventually just end up OOCly memeing about whichever people they don't happen to like/agree with until they pressure them out of the community), but rather facilitating a place to encounter people who happen to want to RP in a particular area regardless of RP style or affiliation.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

County roleplay has been destroyed by people who enjoy making typical "Yee-haw /me tips his cowboy hat and jingles his spurs" aka country characters (even though we're in the county and not the country), people buying trailers only to use their exterior mapping kits to build HUGE walls around them, property hoarders, literally no other businesses than 2 pawnshops and 12 bars which barely even open, factions power tripping and jumping to conclusions towards every character assuming that their forte is doing illegal deeds (because what's legal rp??), and the list honestly goes on. 
County roleplay had so much potential and was actually extremely enjoyable at one point. But due to a hefty amount of the residents, businesses, lack of research AND inactivity, county roleplay is sadly dying out into a big mess. (I'm not being toxic I swear, I'm simply just stating what it is.)

This is true. People need to realize that sometimes people need a change of pace. City characters might want a simpler life, and settle down to work in the county, but some people gatekeep it as their own territory. People should be more accepting towards the city people who move out to Paleto, Grapeseed, Sandy with an RV. They're trying to establish themselves there, but if the locals are hostile, it's going to end up as a toxic circlejerk where you'll end up hating your own neighbors. You don't think they fit all that well into the county? Offer them a helping hand instead of telling them to go back to the city.

• Wuhtah locked this topic