RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Maybe if you’d put down your Jordan Peterson podcast marathon you’d realize that the whole fallacy college garbage doesn’t really mean anything anywhere and isn’t a “I can’t think of a response so I’ll just sound smort” card. Pretty sure ignoring the rest of an argument to go be dumb with one part is some stupid fallacy rule too. At the end of the day the idea behind the helicopter rules is to prevent play to win mentality by just camping specific gang neighborhoods in hopes to catch someone who's committing a crime. LFM is currently trying to keep it enjoyable for everyone, and fair for everyone as well. If you can’t handle that I hear they updated LSPDFR, that might be more enjoyable. 

And to add to this - these rules didn't just come into LFM's heads one day for a laugh - there was a clear pattern of behaviour that was noticed either via reports or observation.  They wouldn't have come back with that ruling if there wasn't evidence of it causing issues and harm to others in the server.

Edited by Phased

The policy of the Sheriff's Department is to roleplay every scene to its fullest extent. We ask our faction members to avoid cutting corners or rushing scenes. If this means we miss one, two, three, four, or however many calls? That's fine, so long as we provided a fun, enjoyable and realistic experience to that one scene. 

At times, this server gets too hectic for us to manage. We aren't out of character police - we aren't supposed to stop criminals. We're supposed to portray police officers, the good and bad, and give the best interactions we can.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

The policy of the Sheriff's Department is to roleplay every scene to its fullest extent. We ask our faction members to avoid cutting corners or rushing scenes. If this means we miss one, two, three, four, or however many calls? That's fine, so long as we provided a fun, enjoyable and realistic experience to that one scene. 

At times, this server gets too hectic for us to manage. We aren't out of character police - we aren't supposed to stop criminals. We're supposed to portray police officers, the good and bad, and give the best interactions we can.

you're late gramps, page 3!!!

Edited by lambchops
7 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Maybe if you’d put down your Jordan Peterson podcast marathon you’d realize that the whole fallacy college garbage doesn’t really mean anything anywhere and isn’t a “I can’t think of a response so I’ll just sound smort” card. Pretty sure ignoring the rest of an argument to go be dumb with one part is some stupid fallacy rule too. At the end of the day the idea behind the helicopter rules is to prevent play to win mentality by just camping specific gang neighborhoods in hopes to catch someone who's committing a crime. LFM is currently trying to keep it enjoyable for everyone, and fair for everyone as well. If you can’t handle that I hear they updated LSPDFR, that might be more enjoyable.

chill bro they're gonna hit ur ass with a common courtesy warning

24 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

the whole fallacy college garbage doesn’t really mean anything anywhere

It means quite a bit in a debate based on logic. But you weren't interested in that, or arguing in good faith. Your argument is " if you're mad about this rulechange you're play to win " which is simply not worth engaging with.

The facts speak for themselves, plenty pilots quit. If the purpose of LFM is making legal characters quit ( and I'm pretty sure it isn't ) then they're doing a great job.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Good, now they can be replaced by people more preoccupied with roleplay instead of obsessing over policing the server.  

Or, you know, they quit because making rules without consulting people affected by the rules is fucked up and they're mad at the double standards since IFM has worked closely with illegal players when it comes to the rule revamp.

But sure, keep spouting your strawman arguments, it must be far easier for you.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Here's a thought, maybe if the Staff wasn't throwing nerf after nerf at LEO factions for the sake of their precious Cops and Robbers 'balance' you'd have more people playing these LEOs and as such you'd have better response times.

Most of the AIR division has quit because of outrageous rule changes that came without even consulting them. If you ever wonder why there aren't enough LEOs around, there's your answer.

There's way more than enough LEOs, the server literally has hundreds of them. This is not a field of roleplay under any imminent danger of collapse.

2 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

How do you intend to fix response time then?

My suggestion is to have dedicated dispatchers in both LSPD and LSSD who work to assign units to incidents and coordinate handling the 911 system, calling back RPs and such. Otherwise, beyond that response times don't need to be perfect. Just about every time I have had to request law enforcement resources in real life it took them 45+ minutes to show up unless it was a life threatening emergency. Having some delay is realistic.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Or, you know, they quit because making rules without consulting people affected by the rules is fucked up and they're mad at the double standards since IFM has worked closely with illegal players when it comes to the rule revamp.

But sure, keep spouting your strawman arguments, it must be far easier for you.

What is your problem? That they didn’t ask pilots how they felt about camping south central? Should they have asked permission from people who systematically abuse faction liberties in the name of “policing” to snuff out roleplay like some sort of future crime police? In what word is it even remotely acceptable to consider a helicopter camping the “hood” as acceptable? And what’s wrong with listening to the illegal community for a change? 

• Upvote 2
  • Storm locked this topic