RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

22 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

As @joshua stated, I'm deaf therefore I am  part of no-mic group. There are 2-3 other no-mic users who are in the LSPD as well.

Currently, the protocols about no-mic users are extremely comfortable and relaxed. You can patrol alone, do pretty much anything you want. You just can't be Sergeant+ or SWAT for obvious reasons. SAPR's no mic rule is also relaxed.

LSSD's no-mic rules are tight (have to be partnered 24/7 with a patrol deputy, etc). 

In essential, if you got a good reason not to have a mic (being deaf, speech impaired, etc), LSPD and/or SAPR will be suitable LEO factions for you to enjoy without worrying about unnecessary restrictions.

gang gang

On 4/4/2022 at 4:50 AM, joshua said:

>cops run around going to every 911 call and every backup request without passive rping

"holy fuck robocop faction all LEO rpers are the same"

>cops stop to RP and spend time making scenes fun and engaging, doing cool operations and relaxing on running around all the time because RP is more important than winning

"we need to enforce RP on these cops - they're too lazy, WHY aren't they answering every 911 call?"

i hate this server

This pretty much sums it up. Anytime I'd try my best to respond to serious 911 calls while out at one already I'd get hit with "don't be a robocop".  

I think some key points to take away from this are:

• You're not the only player on the server, your calls could be missed because of something far more serious happening on the other side of the map.
  • Everyone is here to roleplay, there's very little roleplay for those in LEO factions if they have to just keep speeding around the map to look at dead bodies and then have to speed off before they can question anyone because something else has happened and that person will get upset their 911 call didn't get picked up.
  • In real life, the volume of LAPD and LASD officers to each 911 call that requires an immediate response is a far better ratio, as we have less cops and more serious calls in game.
  • In real life, a person with a call which may be serious to them could be designated a routine call and they may not hear from an officer for hours, in some cases even days.  This is not poor portrayal because it happens,  even regardless of the aforementioned ratio of officers to calls, and the fact anyone could need to log off to go to bed, work, school or for any other reason.  They aren't forced in for shifts to stay and handle these calls.

Finally, If you think everyone with an LSPD and LSSD character is doing it wrong - both departments recruit regularly, join and show them how it's done.

• Upvote 1

Here's a thought, maybe if the Staff wasn't throwing nerf after nerf at LEO factions for the sake of their precious Cops and Robbers 'balance' you'd have more people playing these LEOs and as such you'd have better response times.

Most of the AIR division has quit because of outrageous rule changes that came without even consulting them. If you ever wonder why there aren't enough LEOs around, there's your answer.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 minute ago, nwah_ said:

LEO factions can still use voice when no one else can, have body armor, better weapons than most criminals. Don't cry about being "nerfed" for balance. This is a roleplay server, not about decimating criminal rpers and trying to win constantly. If you quit because of the changes made regarding helicopter rules? Probably for the best.

Don't know whether you're sarcastic or not, but majority of people use voice chats whenever engaging in gang wars and such activity. Drugs give you more HP than any body armor will, and seeing how frequent rifles are used by people, including (m) characters when engaging with police, that's sadly false too. If this would be a roleplay server, these ooc limitations wouldn't be existing. But I guess people find it unfair for people to hoover over areas where shots fired calls are made every ten minutes during peak times. But hey, what do we know about right, we're all play to win mentality. :))

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

Don't know whether you're sarcastic or not, but majority of people use voice chats whenever engaging in gang wars and such activity. Drugs give you more HP than any body armor will, and seeing how frequent rifles are used by people, including (m) characters when engaging with police, that's sadly false too. If this would be a roleplay server, these ooc limitations wouldn't be existing. But I guess people find it unfair for people to hoover over areas where shots fired calls are made every ten minutes during peak times. But hey, what do we know about right, we're all play to win mentality. :))

Except the rule doesn’t prevent you from responding to shots fired calls. It has nothing to do with that. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Except the rule doesn’t prevent you from responding to shots fired calls. It has nothing to do with that. 

I know it doesn't, but it's still beyond me such restrictions are in place. And no, I'm not in ASD myself. If anything, I hate shots fired calls.

11 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Illegal factions using voice usually get in trouble for it, there's been many times where conflicts have been halted by IFM and forfeited by people who resort to such lowly cheating. LEOs can use voice with impunity, because it's a requirement to be a part of the faction. In fact I know someone who was almost forced to be custody only because of their inability to effectively metagame via teamspeak when joining SD. People have also been punished recently for drug stacking, so it kind of makes those points of yours moot when they are actionable offenses that the staff team has been trying to enforce. 

Regarding the main topic at hand for this thread? I'm glad LEOs are roleplaying more instead of being robo-cops responding to call after call after call, leads to no time for a LEO to develop their character and actually act like a human instead of someone just going scene to scene as their police avatar.

Edited by nwah_
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Timzii said:

I know it doesn't, but it's still beyond me such restrictions are in place. And no, I'm not in ASD myself. If anything, I hate shots fired calls.

Those restrictions have been a thing for the LSSD for a very long time. They just carried over to the LSPD. The only people to blame for that are the people who elected themselves to be the harbingers of justice by hovering over south central to police the gun violence. 

This is the entirety of south central

CC6B8312-190A-465B-96B2-E2031848DE58.png.b0736310575415a7649325e3cae7f966.png

It’s nothing compared one of its counterparts 

858A13EB-C1AD-493E-83FA-91CBAAC4249E.png.532aa663ad26113911288130ba4f10c1.png

LA is massive, police is ***** and the response times in these areas are terrible and the residents are subject to a different type of policing. Meanwhile in-game it's one of the most highly patrolled areas, irrespective of a cop/deputies views on criminal RP you'll be pulled in and pushed out like it's breathing. And often at a determent to the gangs there and it's causing a lot of riff ect ect. Is it really that difficult for people to give gangs some breathing room to be gangs? 

Illegal factions using voice usually get in trouble for it, there's been many times where conflicts have been halted by IFM and forfeited by people who resort to such lowly cheating. LEOs can use voice with impunity, because it's a requirement to be a part of the faction. People have also been punished recently for drug stacking, so it kind of makes those points of yours moot when they are actionable offenses that the staff team has been trying to enforce. 

That's good to hear and I hope they continue punishing such people.

Regarding the main topic at hand for this thread? I'm glad LEOs are roleplaying more instead of being robo-cops responding to call after call after call, leads to no time for a LEO to develop their character and actually act like a human instead of someone just going scene to scene as their police avatar.

Yes. People prefer that over jumping to 911 calls every two seconds. It's better to engage with a single situation for an extended time rather than jumping from same calls left and right which you can burn out within a week. 

• Storm locked this topic