RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

23 minutes ago, joshua said:

no they don't

show me any IC document that says LEOs are obligated to respond to every 911 call that comes in

Let me rephrase:

Not every call (I don't have insight but I'd assume there's quite ridiculous ones too where the caller is lucky no units are free to get at them for pranking or being outright stupid).

But calls that are about serious concerns for public safety (i.e. shootings reported in public).

And as already evaluated above that doesn't mean an insta-response, or a fully armed team- a simple call back "units are occupied and will arrive as soon as possible" is a response too, mind you.

That ic documents are tailored to give police officers leeway to not respond is, well. Questionable? Then again I'll abstain from this debate here and get at my own ic part on this behalf and question it there.

I think people here underestimate the volume of calls vs availability.

And yeah that's why I mentioned numbers- I have no insight here but the problem is not new.

And not necessarily unrealistic- to a degree. Safe to assume it's far overexaggerated in our nutshell where a significant number of residents are engaging in -more or less- organized crime

Edited by knppel

PD and SD already roleplay all around the map, be it field briefings, start of watch briefings, debriefs at the end of scenes, or a group of friends from the same watch hanging out in a parking lot sipping their coffee, or roleplaying on ongoing scenes talking about shit that happened the other day. While yes, not every call is answered in time, that means there isn't simply anyone available and everyone is busy with other calls or things they need to deal with (i.e. paperwork and etc.). You can't expect people to run from call to calls and simply overload themselves and burning themselves out.

Yes you can get 3 K9 cars on a t-stop if there isn't any black and whites available, yes you can get 3 unmarked cars on your t-stop, and yes if your char is matching an APB/BOLO in a nearby area, you can get 4 units at your t-stop, you see 4 units back to back on a t-sop because the amount of cops that get shot over a ticket is insanely high and no one wants that to happen. It simply isn't anyone from PD or SD's fault that the crime rate is high and that they sometimes can't even get units at their own officer-involved-shooting scenes to back them up, and they also have to keep up with the amount of calls that are coming in rapidly. 

To end it all, if you have any roleplay quality concerns, fill out one of those forms on PD or SD forums or send an RPQM report so it can get handled, but PD and SD already internally handle roleplay quality concerns.

Edited by Mescalero
55 minutes ago, knppel said:

Problem here:

In character they do have this obligation.

Not necessarily. https://lapdonlinestrgeacc.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/lapdonlinemedia/2022/01/VOLUME-1-word.pdf

516.20 PRIORITY OF HANDLING CALLS FOR SERVICE. It is not always
possible for the Department to respond to every call for service

even in the real world.

LEO factions should 100% prioritize providing the highest quality law enforcement roleplay they can over jumping call to call.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, Storm said:

LEO factions should 100% prioritize providing the highest quality law enforcement roleplay they can over jumping call to call.

Can't agree with this enough. My primary interest is in the tactical aspect, hence joining SWAT, but I enjoy the normal stuff too. When I'm on a black & white, my priority is on those 911s.

Threads like this keep dividing the illegal and legal scene more and more, everyone complaining about everyone, rather than looking at themselves and what they could improve.

Easy to point fingers.

Edited by Jax
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Too many calls at times to respond to every single one of them, honestly. And I'm not going to rush my RP just to respond from one call to the other. It's just how it is, really. Unless we want to skip RPing on scenes there's no way LEOs can respond to every 911.

9 minutes ago, Shagglehod said:

Can't agree with this enough. My primary interest is in the tactical aspect, hence joining SWAT

You are a prime example of what's wrong with the LEO responses. 

Cops on this server only respond to 

-Active shootouts.

-Pursuits.

-Wanted suspects.

-Anything else that lets them either chase someone or utilize their weapons.

Each week I make about 5-6 911 calls about individuals actively trespassing and needing to be removed, thefts, disputes, suspicious individuals etc etc. 

Very rarely somebody actually shows up and if they do, it's after an hour when everybody completely forgot a 911 call was made. I remember one time I called about a CCW weapon being discharged on private properly. Cops showed up after two hours and complained that casings got picked up and they couldn't 'investigate' then threatened to arrest everyone for tampering with evidence.

In real life cops deal with the most minor things every single day. Sometimes even things you'd wonder why cops were called in the first place. Unfortunately this isn't the case here and I doubt it ever will be, civilians will just need to deal with things on their own, unless a mass shooting is happening.

Also lol. I often get pulled over for having dark window tint and half of the department arrives as backup even though my character has no felonies or even misdemeanors for that matter.

Edited by Shokkoth
  • Upvote 1
  • Storm locked this topic