RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

The LSSD prioritizes quality of roleplay and longevity on scenes above policing every single 911 call that comes in, for it provides a more enjoyable RP experience for all involved in the scene if it is roleplayed out thoroughly instead of having cops ping pong around giving every call that comes in barely any attention. Our recruitment is open though, in case you want to offer an extra body to help deal with the call volume 😉

Edited by lambchops
20 minutes ago, Junx said:

This. I'd love to join PD or SD but from what I've heard people with no mics are severely limited in what they can do which turns me off the whole thing entirely.

I understand if you don't have a mic then you can't join pursuits. I don't wanna join pursuits in the first place. I'd rather just be a detective and be some old ass dude who cleans up the mess of them god darn kids shooting eachother

Become a member of Internal Affairs, a Custodial Agent, or "Operation: Safe Jails", then. Microphones are not required for those roles.

20 minutes ago, Junx said:

This. I'd love to join PD or SD but from what I've heard people with no mics are severely limited in what they can do which turns me off the whole thing entirely.

I understand if you don't have a mic then you can't join pursuits. I don't wanna join pursuits in the first place. I'd rather just be a detective and be some old ass dude who cleans up the mess of them god darn kids shooting eachother

As @joshua stated, I'm deaf therefore I am  part of no-mic group. There are 2-3 other no-mic users who are in the LSPD as well.

Currently, the protocols about no-mic users are extremely comfortable and relaxed. You can patrol alone, do pretty much anything you want. You just can't be Sergeant+ or SWAT for obvious reasons. SAPR's no mic rule is also relaxed.

LSSD's no-mic rules are tight (have to be partnered 24/7 with a patrol deputy, etc). 

In essential, if you got a good reason not to have a mic (being deaf, speech impaired, etc), LSPD and/or SAPR will be suitable LEO factions for you to enjoy without worrying about unnecessary restrictions.

Cops don't have an obligation to respond to every call. If they're tied down doing a scene (even if it's a scene in the station arguing about coffee with someone) then it's much better that they focus on that quality roleplay rather than being a super cop which responds to every shooting scene, goes to every pursuit and is rushed around. Sometimes people argue that there are too many cops on scenes, sometimes they argue there isn't enough. The answer is there will be as many cops on scene as want to be, and they're free to request backup if they need it.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

As @joshua stated, I'm deaf therefore I am  part of no-mic group. There are 2-3 other no-mic users who are in the LSPD as well.

Currently, the protocols about no-mic users are extremely comfortable and relaxed. You can patrol alone, do pretty much anything you want. You just can't be Sergeant+ or SWAT for obvious reasons. SAPR's no mic rule is also relaxed.

LSSD's no-mic rules are tight (have to be partnered 24/7 with a patrol deputy, etc). 

In essential, if you got a good reason not to have a mic (being deaf, speech impaired, etc), LSPD and/or SAPR will be suitable LEO factions for you to enjoy without worrying about unnecessary restrictions.

ty, I have no mic perm from LFM already, I may apply for PR or PD at some point.

Trust me, if everyone in the LEO factions put an effort to answer every call, it'd happen immediately - and everyone roleplaying a criminal on the server would be absolutely miserable.  I'm more than happy to play an LEO, spend a little extra time roleplaying on scenes and still allow people behind criminal characters to have a chance instead of sprinting about like a headless chicken like I'm on crazybob's cops and robbers back in the day. 

Besides it's a fairly common thing for calls to go unanswered for hours in real life too.  

1 hour ago, Targuth said:

I think with how big both factions are and if you include SAPR as well. I am not sure why they don't have "divisions" per say. As in divisions which handle specific things such as traffic, community, etc.

Not all the law enforcement needs to be answering shootouts or other stuff. There could very well be people who purely wish to handle calls which are not so extreme like a brawl at a bar, petty theft, gta, etc.

But I feel you're right in the sense of a lot of people lean toward the full on SWAT side of being on LEO which is kind of sad in the sense because there is so much more to it.

We actually have these "divisions", but, as you point out, they focus on specific things. Good to factor that into thought. The people who "purely wish to handle calls" do exactly that already, and is part of the reason why you don't see entire factions responding to your 911. 

33 minutes ago, imi said:

Cops don't have an obligation to respond to every call. If they're tied down doing a scene (even if it's a scene in the station arguing about coffee with someone) then it's much better that they focus on that quality roleplay rather than being a super cop which responds to every shooting scene, goes to every pursuit and is rushed around.

Problem here:

In character they do have this obligation.

Obviously what you describe isn't the solution- more officers/deputies are. A lack therein won't improve roleplay quality, it will if anything cause those trying to do their job as good as they can ic to behave as described, to be able to respond to as many concerns of citizens as the departments as a whole should.

22 minutes ago, Phased said:

Trust me, if everyone in the LEO factions put an effort to answer every call, it'd happen immediately

In regards of waiting times, that is an issue that can arise just as much irl- gathering a squad for a high threat situation takes time, units can be occupied elsewhere and so on, plenty of potential reasons.

22 minutes ago, Phased said:

and everyone roleplaying a criminal on the server would be absolutely miserable.

The issue with this (refering to the op example):

Not responding at all makes the life of people who happen to play witnesses miserable- they're forced into a scene where - I had that too- you go to a club, find a corpse infront as someone fought with the door guy or anyone else, and as any normal person don't just walk past. Not to mention the detail that you'd incriminate yourself- unironically for this there'd be lots of understanding.

I strongly believe that many of the frequent complaints from the side of illegal side stem from this very detail- chances to escape unseen are already high, specially if (which they certainly do, even when claiming to be committing stupid acts) criminals too act tactically (and naturally try to gain tactical  advantages through this, who doesn't).

with murder- which should be the absolute high end crime- being fairly easy to succeed in and a high chance of it going undetected, the main motivation for criminals- escape the law enforcement - is often unavailable/feels unrewarding.

To clarify here, "escaping the law" not as in evading a traffic stop (lame!), but in general getting away with crime.

Edited by knppel

I think people here underestimate the volume of calls vs availability. Responding to a call takes time, handling the call also takes time. Depending on the call, you might have to do some paperwork or other post-scene stuff. It’s not like you can drop everything you’re doing and run off to the next call just because someone else called in the middle of your call. Homicide scenes are also incredibly inconsistent in length. I’ve had calls lasting anywhere between 10 minutes up to 5 hours. Just because your call isn’t answered doesn’t mean nobody wants to respond. 

• Storm locked this topic