RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

1 minute ago, Targuth said:

Well for instance the call that I speak of last night. It seemed all the cops and the person in the traffic stop were just talking together while there was a dead guy from multiple gunshots just sitting in front of the bar called The Office. I drove by an hour later and there finally was like 8 squad cars there but at this point, you know an hours gone by, bar was closed, everyone had left... there wasn't much they could do now beside investigate a body on the ground and then call coroners.

Sad reality of investigative perspective on this server, this is how majority of homicide cases end because of how limited we are in terms of investigating. People also don't like responding to homicide scenes because they are honestly nothing more than a hassle and they always have the same cycle. Come on the scene, secure the scene, preliminary investigation, take statements, book evidence, call coroners and go. And walla, an entire HOUR spent for something which will never be resolved. And the fact that during peak time you get so many of these calls, I can't blame any LEO for not wanting to respond to them. Reduce usage of guns for every situation and you'll see improvements.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Necuno said:

A suggestion to help with the above would be to limit the amount of LEO on voip at any given moment and to create cop roles that are more about street and community policing.

Personally I would love to RP a cop, but I have zero interest in the tactical aspects of the role or the full on chases that traffic stops seem to turn into too frequently (not the cops fault).  

There was a great Deputy character called Rin up in Sandy who did this perfectly and was always available for minor crime in the locale.

My point being I don't think you'll change this with the bias towards tactical capability in LEO

That was me, Rin. <3

• Applaud 1
25 minutes ago, Targuth said:

I'm sorry, you pulled every single on duty unit for one car?

He probably didn’t pull every unit, but we often times do get multiple cars for one car/person/etc depending how likely it is they run, shoot us, etc. IC safety precautions.

27 minutes ago, Targuth said:

I could understand if there were a bunch of cops on duty but I received a PM minutes after this being notified by the same Deputy that they only had 4 units on shift, him being one of them. With LSSD and LSPD being a main bloodline for actual RP in the city or county, how can these restrictions actually be followed logically.

So… you’re angry that 4 people were online and there wasn’t enough people to cover constant shootings, pursuits, 911s, etc? I also am angry about this, we should get more cops, especially in the later hours.

im not sure what restrictions you mean? We don’t have staffing restrictions, aside from a lack of players at non-peak hours.

28 minutes ago, Targuth said:

I pmed my friend who was on his cop char and he sent me an ss of about nine cops standing in a circle doing nothing at this scene and said none of them were allowed to leave until the scene was done

It sounds like there was a scene debrief. This happens semi-regularly in PD (idk about SD). If a supervisor notices particularly bad/good behavior they’ll have a debrief on-scene to go over everything. Alternatively, it could’ve been a busy scene and the units were needed there for safety concerns.

31 minutes ago, Targuth said:

Some sort of change needs to happen to the Law Enforcement whether it's a RP standard, a rule change, or something. But currently it seems that the only time you see them engaged in RP is when the server is at 700+ people and there's constant crime or basically if you aren't on some Law Enforcement Watch List or Raid List, your calls are basically nonexistent.

Solution to this would be stronger enforcement of Roleplay Standards from staff or faction leaders. Easier way of having calls be monitored or maybe restricting the amount of units allowed to be on certain types of calls. 

How would restricting our responses to calls help at all? This would make the problem worse. If you stop cops from showing up to shootings… the shootings happen more often. We can’t just not go after a high priority suspect, especially if they’re a danger to the IC public.

And what do you mean Roleplay standards? We already have pretty good RP standards within PD, and we do passive RP a lot. You might not always see it, but we do engage in it. 

22 minutes ago, Necuno said:

A suggestion to help with the above would be to limit the amount of LEO on voip at any given moment and to create cop roles that are more about street and community policing.

Personally I would love to RP a cop, but I have zero interest in the tactical aspects of the role or the full on chases that traffic stops seem to turn into too frequently (not the cops fault).  

How does a VOIP limit help? We still Roleplay with people on scenes, and each other. You might get a “bad apple” every so often, and if you find some cop you think has no development and isn’t really RPing up to the server standard you can submit a report to their faction leadership.

You can join PD and have no desire to do anything tactical. We have Community Engagement, Traffic, even Detective. Otherwise patrol is a good option. We have options for players who enjoy the tactical aspect and those who don’t.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Moe said:

Some nights there are simply too many calls for them all to have an immediate response

Correct me if wrong- but don't we have limitations in place for LEO-factions as to how many people they deploy on duty simultaneously?

Given total server player numbers -and naturally hand in hand with them, criminal activities- fluctuate strongly it might be worth looking into this (I'd be the first to demand more cops on the streets ic, obviously. Law and order yeehaw!).

I get the historical Los Santos Angst of an overpowered police department, but examples like the one in the op (of which I could also recount some over the past year which had a large influx of active players) display the opposite. Not to speak of investigative parts even, just for first responders that as much as assure people they'll try their best-

Arguably not even unrealistic this is done but nothing comes out of it 🤭

23 minutes ago, Necuno said:

There was a great Deputy character called Rin up in Sandy who did this perfectly and was always available for minor crime in the locale.

My point being I don't think you'll change this with the bias towards tactical capability in LEO

This. I'd love to join PD or SD but from what I've heard people with no mics are severely limited in what they can do which turns me off the whole thing entirely.

I understand if you don't have a mic then you can't join pursuits. I don't wanna join pursuits in the first place. I'd rather just be a detective and be some old ass dude who cleans up the mess of them god darn kids shooting eachother

3 minutes ago, Junx said:

This. I'd love to join PD or SD but from what I've heard people with no mics are severely limited in what they can do which turns me off the whole thing entirely.

I understand if you don't have a mic then you can't join pursuits. I don't wanna join pursuits in the first place. I'd rather just be a detective and be some old ass dude who cleans up the mess of them god darn kids shooting eachother

this is all untrue. PD have no restrictions on people with no mic, this is a thing of the past. there's a very friendly no-micer in PD right now who enjoys their solo motorcycle patrols. @thekillergreece

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, knppel said:

Correct me if wrong- but don't we have limitations in place for LEO-factions as to how many people they deploy on duty simultaneously?

No I have never heard of this, I'm not sure where you got this from.

8 minutes ago, Junx said:

maybe if people didn't rule break then LEOs would not be stuck on a scene for hours waiting for their /report

This, along with scenes being voided after people already started an investigation or such is the biggest motivation killer.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for clarifying, but yeah the base point stands- what's needed to provide more law enforcement is simply more cops (and Sheriffs' Deputies) to be able to respond to more scenes simultaneously.

After all doing a lone traffic stop bears risks sadly- people blasting at traffic units to then evade (may it be for the sake of evading or as they also got drugs) is frequent, I'd also certainly abstain from doing such on my own in that role.

The bigger the playerbase, the more crime will happen to respond to.

Edited by knppel
  • Storm locked this topic