RP Enforcement on LSPD/LSSD

Targuth

Not even sure how we fix this but worth a shot. Lately it has been occurring more and more where people will place calls to LSPD or LSSD with no response ever. For instance, last night it took over an hour for a response time to a call regarding a shooting outside a bar and when I walked to the end of the parking lot there were 5 cop cars for 1 traffic stop. 4 of these cop cars were empty with the cops just standing around. Not the first time I have seen this.

Sometime last week it took me 2.5 hours to turn in $100,000 worth of drugs to LSSD. When I approached a deputy, the response I got was the Sargeant or Detective (cant remember which) told ALL units on duty to sit and watch some black four door sedan and to not leave no matter what. I'm sorry, you pulled every single on duty unit for one car? This just seems a bit Non RP in my opinion. I could understand if there were a bunch of cops on duty but I received a PM minutes after this being notified by the same Deputy that they only had 4 units on shift, him being one of them. With LSSD and LSPD being a main bloodline for actual RP in the city or county, how can these restrictions actually be followed logically.

This is just two instances of this just from my perspective but from a friend of mines, this was their experience.
"I remember when someone got beaten up outside my bar in Vespucci and we called the cops and they never came. I pmed my friend who was on his cop char and he sent me an ss of about nine cops standing in a circle doing nothing at this scene and said none of them were allowed to leave until the scene was done."
^^^This happens WAY too often honestly. This was for a traffic stop as well. Suspect was already arrested and driven off for this stop... cops were still forced to stay.

Some sort of change needs to happen to the Law Enforcement whether it's a RP standard, a rule change, or something. But currently it seems that the only time you see them engaged in RP is when the server is at 700+ people and there's constant crime or basically if you aren't on some Law Enforcement Watch List or Raid List, your calls are basically nonexistent.

Solution to this would be stronger enforcement of Roleplay Standards from staff or faction leaders. Easier way of having calls be monitored or maybe restricting the amount of units allowed to be on certain types of calls. I understand you making a traffic stop on a known criminal and needing backup, but I have been pulled over before on a 100% legal character and had 3 units plus a K-9 show up, for drifting a corner on accident none the less.

Maybe there are changes already being made to see this enforced and it's just not made aware or maybe someone has a better solution but I'm tired of trying to RP and get forced into scenarios as a Legal Character where Police/Sheriffs are needed and 99% of the time it's "File a crime report on the website" which you never get a response to from what I heard.

• Upvote 1

>cops run around going to every 911 call and every backup request without passive rping

"holy fuck robocop faction all LEO rpers are the same"

>cops stop to RP and spend time making scenes fun and engaging, doing cool operations and relaxing on running around all the time because RP is more important than winning

"we need to enforce RP on these cops - they're too lazy, WHY aren't they answering every 911 call?"

i hate this server

• Upvote 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Applaud 6

A suggestion to help with the above would be to limit the amount of LEO on voip at any given moment and to create cop roles that are more about street and community policing.

Personally I would love to RP a cop, but I have zero interest in the tactical aspects of the role or the full on chases that traffic stops seem to turn into too frequently (not the cops fault).  

There was a great Deputy character called Rin up in Sandy who did this perfectly and was always available for minor crime in the locale.

My point being I don't think you'll change this with the bias towards tactical capability in LEO

Some nights there are simply too many calls for them all to have an immediate response. While there definitely are situations where too many cops are on a scene unnecessarily, we encourage cops to build and engage in passive roleplay rather than jump from shooting to shooting and chase the action. We'd rather see 10 cops standing in their station having passive RP between them than chase pursuits and shootings. Obviously everything should be done in moderation. In an ideal world, you'd have a response to every call but this isn't an ideal world, crime in this city especially during peak hours, happens at a rate higher than what cops can keep up with.

However, like I said, there definitely is an issue with some scenes getting an unrealistic and an exaggerated response but the solution to that isn't to pull cops away from passive and meaningful roleplay and force them to respond to every call that comes in, essentially making them "robocops" who only chase pursuits and shootings.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Necuno said:

A suggestion to help with the above would be to limit the amount of LEO on voip at any given moment and to create cop roles that are more about street and community policing.

Personally I would love to RP a cop, but I have zero interest in the tactical aspects of the role or the full on chases that traffic stops seem to turn into too frequently (not the cops fault).  

There was a great Deputy character called Rin up in Sandy who did this perfectly and was always available for minor crime in the locale.

My point being I don't think you'll change this with the bias towards tactical capability in LEO

I think with how big both factions are and if you include SAPR as well. I am not sure why they don't have "divisions" per say. As in divisions which handle specific things such as traffic, community, etc.

Not all the law enforcement needs to be answering shootouts or other stuff. There could very well be people who purely wish to handle calls which are not so extreme like a brawl at a bar, petty theft, gta, etc.

But I feel you're right in the sense of a lot of people lean toward the full on SWAT side of being on LEO which is kind of sad in the sense because there is so much more to it.

3 minutes ago, Necuno said:

street and community policing

This already exists and i in fact lead it in PD. The Community Engagement Division has over 27 members that regularly engage with the community, host events and attend events.

Although, when we try, we’re usually met with hostility and told to leave.

3 minutes ago, Targuth said:

I think with how big both factions are and if you include SAPR as well. I am not sure why they don't have "divisions" per say. As in divisions which handle specific things such as traffic, community, etc.

PD literally has countless divisions for this reason

patrol division

traffic division

community engagement division

public relations division

metropolitan division

and many many more

Edited by joshua
1 minute ago, Moe said:

Some nights there are simply too many calls for them all to have an immediate response. While there definitely are situations where too many cops are on a scene unnecessarily, we encourage cops to build and engage in passive roleplay rather than jump from shooting to shooting and chase the action. We'd rather see 10 cops standing in their station having passive RP between them than chase pursuits and shootings. Obviously everything should be done in moderation. In an ideal world, you'd have a response to every call but this isn't an ideal world, crime in this city especially during peak hours, happens at a rate higher than what cops can keep up with.

However, like I said, there definitely is an issue with some scenes getting an unrealistic and an exaggerated response but the solution to that isn't to pull cops away from passive and meaningful roleplay and force them to respond to every call that comes in, essentially making them "robocops" who only chase pursuits and shootings.

Well for instance the call that I speak of last night. It seemed all the cops and the person in the traffic stop were just talking together while there was a dead guy from multiple gunshots just sitting in front of the bar called The Office. I drove by an hour later and there finally was like 8 squad cars there but at this point, you know an hours gone by, bar was closed, everyone had left... there wasn't much they could do now beside investigate a body on the ground and then call coroners.

If we want realism, a single shooting scene would have units backed up for numerous hours. Collecting every single scrap of evidence possible.

In the climate of the server, we have people expecting LEO role players to roleplay everything through on through while being expected to handle every-single situation.

Not every LEO wants constant action, having to be forced to jump from call to call. They have their own characters to play.

The only possible way without damaging roleplay quality is to have more people in the faction. And you can't force people to join.

Edited by Jaz
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Targuth said:

Not all the law enforcement needs to be answering shootouts or other stuff. There could very well be people who purely wish to handle calls which are not so extreme like a brawl at a bar, petty theft, gta, etc..

It puzzles me why you assume that's not already a thing. 

Contrary to popular belief there's really not that many LEO's on duty at any given time. Two-three large scenes overlapping each other can easily eat up 80-90% of faction's rescources.

• Storm locked this topic