Bring Formula 1 to GTAW.

Alien74

Formula racing is a thing all over the world, be it regional, national, international. I wouldn't aim for Formula 1 in one go (you could potentially develop towards it visiting LS at some point for a single event (per year), they are expanding more to the US irl after all, adding races). If you want to get it done, I'd advise writing up a concept for a regional Formula 3 (Or better: indy pro 2000) championship or alike and approach Property Management?

• Developer
On 4/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, Alien74 said:

Detailed Description

I've searched through the forums with the keyword "Formula" then I realized that while Motorsports does exist, there's still room for improvement. Given the fact that GTA V already has Open-Wheel cars, why not utilize them in further expanding the scene? I may be short-sighted when I say this but honestly all that's needed would be a decent track to be mapped (perhaps a real track can be used as a reference for this).

Relevant Commands/Items

Giving each team access to Open-Wheel cars to be utilized only within a track, how staff decides to handle moderating this is entirely up to them. When it comes to simulating engine differences, perhaps each and every team shall first secure a signing with a sponsor thus acquiring enough funds inorder to purchase a car (one of the four Open-Wheel models provided by GTA V) by any means the staff deems fit.

How will it benefit the server?

I can't think of anything besides promoting roleplay and rather forcing the players to approach Motorsports RP with extra-caution given the fact that despite today's safety measurements, a single mistake could end up taking the driver's life or permanently injuring them, thus ending in a Character Kill (if the staff deems fit) or any long-term injury instead.

With Continuity in mind and perhaps copyrights and whatsoever, we could call it anything but Formula 1, maybe Los Santos Open-Wheel Association (LSOWA) or anything else entirely if staff has other ideas.

Note: I'm not a hard-core Formula fan myself, but I do like the sport very much.

I don't think you need this to create good motorsport roleplay.

Look at the Pfister Super Cup for example.

Consult property management about building a Formula style concept. Lease with the government, PD, FD to make events possible and down the line, as your organisation grows it might create the potential for some script-wise implementation.

Personally don't think that a feature implementation is a place to start.

On that note, locked & archived - if you happen to go down this avenue, best of luck — as a big fan of F1, I hope to see this come to fruition in some capacity!