Change returning to RP after injuries/death rule

The rule doesn’t restrict anything though. Just use common sense, the rule suggests a few solutions but it’s basically telling you not to reinsert yourself in a situation where you’re back from the dead to bother people that were involved in your death with your ghostly appearance.

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

The rule doesn’t restrict anything though. Just use common sense, the rule suggests a few solutions but it’s basically telling you not to reinsert yourself in a situation where you’re back from the dead to bother people that were involved in your death with your ghostly appearance.

"Law Enforcement characters should avoid returning to duty immediately after recovering from their injuries and must adhere to the one hour rule"

There is a restriction on the LEO side of things. 

Law enforcement officers are different to illegal and civilian roleplayers. If Jimmy from Grove Street is PKed on Grove, he's still probably going to be in the area because he lives there, or his roleplay revolves around that area. Davis roleplayers aren't going to suddenly flee to Paleto upon death. They can continue their roleplay elsewhere in the area unrelated to their death (and they need to find a new firearm if that's what they want because they've just lost it).

LEOs aren't concentrated around one area to the same degree (despite popular opinion) and their roleplay doesn't completely collapse when they're cooled off after death. They exist outside of their job. Added complications that LEOs get free weapons, armor etc mean that they can hop back on duty at no real loss, when they should probably allow some time to flow. Added minor gripes of the classic situation where you're on scene calling Coroners for Officer Jimmy's corpse whilst Officer Jimmy is shouting orders down the radio. 

14 minutes ago, JayPeezy said:

"Law Enforcement characters should avoid returning to duty immediately after recovering from their injuries and must adhere to the one hour rule"

There is a restriction on the LEO side of things. 

They’re guidelines, just use common sense. It just says you should avoid returning immediately after recovering, there’s absolutely no way they can reliably enforce the hour anyway. If you’ve gone through all of your roleplay you’ll probably already be up to an hour start to finish anyway. And there’s nothing stopping you from going back on duty while also making sure you’re not throwing yourself back into the scene that got you hurt in the first place. Just don’t be that cop that gets shot 32 times during one shift and keeps going back to patrol Chamberlain. 

8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

They’re guidelines, just use common sense. It just says you should avoid returning immediately after recovering, there’s absolutely no way they can reliably enforce the hour anyway. If you’ve gone through all of your roleplay you’ll probably already be up to an hour start to finish anyway. And there’s nothing stopping you from going back on duty while also making sure you’re not throwing yourself back into the scene that got you hurt in the first place. Just don’t be that cop that gets shot 32 times during one shift and keeps going back to patrol Chamberlain. 

I read the"must adhere to the one hour rule." as more of a rule then guidelines. There's plenty of interpretation around the rule, which is why I just suggest a rewording of it to be more specific. 

Edited by JayPeezy
Rewording
Just now, JayPeezy said:

I read the"must adhere to the one hour rule." as more of a rule. There's plenty of interpretation around the rule, which is why I just suggest a rewording of it to be more specific. 

I’d be more concerned with the intent of the rule. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find an admin that’ll show up out of nowhere and punish you because you didn’t adhere to the golden hour when you’re minding your own business and keeping clear after going through the entire roleplay of your encounter. All this rule does is keep you from getting a lift to the hospital and doing a /do gets treated so you can go back on duty within minutes. There’s a thousand things you can do on duty besides patrolling the area where you died and lingering around people you’ve RPed bleeding on. 

12 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’d be more concerned with the intent of the rule. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find an admin that’ll show up out of nowhere and punish you because you didn’t adhere to the golden hour when you’re minding your own business and keeping clear after going through the entire roleplay of your encounter. All this rule does is keep you from getting a lift to the hospital and doing a /do gets treated so you can go back on duty within minutes. There’s a thousand things you can do on duty besides patrolling the area where you died and lingering around people you’ve RPed bleeding on. 

I mean, it's written in the rules so I actually time out the hour. With the whole stopping you from a single /do, when there's nobody at PHMC, that's been practically the standard. I would prefer if the rule stated to stay off patrol until the initial scene has concluded and the user isn't allowed to knowingly attend a scene that has a direct correlation to their death/injuries.

41 minutes ago, imi said:

Law enforcement officers are different to illegal and civilian roleplayers. If Jimmy from Grove Street is PKed on Grove, he's still probably going to be in the area because he lives there, or his roleplay revolves around that area. Davis roleplayers aren't going to suddenly flee to Paleto upon death. They can continue their roleplay elsewhere in the area unrelated to their death (and they need to find a new firearm if that's what they want because they've just lost it).

LEOs aren't concentrated around one area to the same degree (despite popular opinion) and their roleplay doesn't completely collapse when they're cooled off after death. They exist outside of their job. Added complications that LEOs get free weapons, armor etc mean that they can hop back on duty at no real loss, when they should probably allow some time to flow. Added minor gripes of the classic situation where you're on scene calling Coroners for Officer Jimmy's corpse whilst Officer Jimmy is shouting orders down the radio. 

I can see where you're coming from. But, if something completely unrelated from his PK happens to Jimmy's boys on Grove, he can help his Grove street Boys out. Jimmy's intent may of been to get on and do criminal activities and the current rule allows him to.

Now officer Jimmy, has to completely stay out of any LEO related RP. His intent may of been to get on and do LEO related RP but now he has to "waste" an hour of his night doing something he may not of wanted to do with the current rule. 

Edited by JayPeezy
Typo
1 hour ago, imi said:

- They can continue their roleplay elsewhere in the area unrelated to their death.

- When they should probably allow some time to flow.

Both these statements fully apply to anyone, illegal or LEO. There should be no justification for inhibiting police officers from going back on duty, just as there's no justification for saying a gang member can't go back to gangbanging after being PK'd. They just roleplay elsewhere unrelated to their death, simple as that. Why shouldn't someone on Grove Street, "probably allow some time to flow" as well after being PK'd? The rule doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, imi said:

LEOs aren't concentrated around one area to the same degree (despite popular opinion) and their roleplay doesn't completely collapse when they're cooled off after death. They exist outside of their job.

What about security guards who patrol and aren't concentrated to one area? What about EMT's who are on a scene and unluckily get PK'd? Shouldn't they also be prohibited from going back on duty for an hour with that justification? Don't security guards and EMT's have lives outside of work? Firefighters? Seems that would apply to them as well, no? Applies to pretty much anyone that's not a civilian. I'm not suggesting that we do this, but I'm drawing a comparison to the faulty & inconsistent reasoning behind a rule that heavily skews against LEO's specifically.

The rule was fine as is. If you're PK'd, just avoid anything surrounding your death. There shouldn't be a rule controlling whether or not someone should be able to go on duty, that's just baseless in my opinion. I think a better rule might be to avoid the area surrounding your death for a particular time frame rather than prohibiting someone from the on-duty RP entirely.

Edited by Brofessor