Change returning to RP after injuries/death rule

Hi,

So, I would like to put in the suggestion to remove the bit in the rules stating that LEO role-players have to remain off duty for an hour after they got injured/died because I'm in the opinion that one hour doesn't make any difference IC or OOC for the roleplay and server, other than OOCly punishing the roleplayer who just came on to do some patrol roleplay in their free time. Imagine coming on for a few hours because that's all the time you have and within the first couple to thirty minutes, you're injured or shot dead simply by being in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I believe the current ruling should be changed that we shouldn't have to come off duty altogether, that we're allowed to roleplay our injuries on the scene until we're sent to hospital or accept death. Allow us to wait for the scene to finish up before coming back on duty or go back on patrol and stay out of the area the scene happened in by patrolling the other side of the city. Illegal role-players are allowed to respawn/leave the scene and go to a different part of the city, return to rp like nothing happened, so why can't we do that?

I know some people will say, oh but why don't they just roleplay off duty yada yada. But some LEO role-players aren't interested in bar or club roleplay, they want to come on and do a bit of patrol rp as a Deputy/Ranger/Officer and then off log. That's no different to gang role-players logging on to do some gang rp and logging out after they had a bit of fun. Or they just got on after doing some off duty roleplay to use the last couple hours to patrol and gets kicked off because a OOC rule that doesn't really benefit the server other than punishing the roleplayer.

I'm all for people giving more suggestions on how to make it a little more fair for LEO role-players who only come on for a few hours each day or couple times a week, whatever their activity is and get PK'd off duty. Sometimes we get injured or shot dead simply for starting a traffic stop on the wrong character who can't go through a traffic stop because they're fucked if they allow it to happen.

• Upvote 1

If you are PK'd I see no reason why you should be off duty. A PK is character scene reset. Which means you cannot return to a scene you were PK'd from.

But injuries should be rp'd on both sides accordingly. I find it silly to see someone who's been shot several times to running around 30 mins later.

Edited by Engelbert

We see it all the time where an illegal character gets injured and then immediately after all the roleplay is finished, they're back out like nothing happened because they agreed to timeskip healing. Nothing forces them to roleplay their injuries yet we're told to sit tight for an hour, which doesn't really make a difference other than making people wait or just log off and try again another day. I can agree to keep the rule for when we get injured, but if we get pk'd from a situation, we should be allowed to go back on patrol and go to another area of the city until the scene is packed up.

But some people only have a few hours to roleplay and they choose to do it by going on patrol.

LEO roleplayers can develop their characters while patrolling if they participate in passive roleplay with characters during traffic stops or when a cafe opens they can go in and buy coffee, have a chat etc. Even randomly bumping into characters could turn into development for the LEO.

I think the rule is fine as-is.

51 minutes ago, Allantrist said:

We see it all the time where an illegal character gets injured and then immediately after all the roleplay is finished, they're back out like nothing happened because they agreed to timeskip healing. Nothing forces them to roleplay their injuries yet we're told to sit tight for an hour, which doesn't really make a difference other than making people wait or just log off and try again another day. I can agree to keep the rule for when we get injured, but if we get pk'd from a situation, we should be allowed to go back on patrol and go to another area of the city until the scene is packed up.

The rule is already like that? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Source:

Players who have died and are looking to return to roleplay in the same location or with the same group must wait until the situation that resulted in their death has been concluded. (For example, all emergency services have left or surviving members of your group have concluded associated roleplay). Players are expected to use their best judgement to ensure they do not return to a situation when the direct ramifications of their death are not being dealt with. It is up to the player to excuse themselves from the situation immediately if they return while their death is still being actively investigated or any potential retribution is being discussed by their character's friends. Law Enforcement roleplayers should wait until the immediate hunt / on scene investigation for their killers has concluded before returning on duty and may not participate in any investigation or situations related to their death going forward.

4 hours ago, Valkyria said:

Source:

I think the main thing they're saying is in am officer related shooting, you have to wait an hour or until the hunt for the suspect has concluded. A lot of the time on solo patrol you'll call in getting shot and your body will be found on the road, your dash cam will be pulled and then the suspect will be hunted and more then likely barricaded in their home of record, leading to the LEO being forced to stay off of patrol until concluded for more then likely that entire hour. There's no real telling when a "hunt" has ended.

TLDR; I believe the wording should be more specific in the rules.

Edited by JayPeezy
7 hours ago, Valkyria said:

Source:

"Law Enforcement characters should avoid returning to duty immediately after recovering from their injuries and must adhere to the one hour rule to prevent potential interaction with the situation that resulted in their shooting. Those within factions that have standardized "medical leaves" must RP the medical leave time that is presented by the faction. If you request 48 hours of medical leave for example, you shouldn't return three hours later."

This is the part we're enforced to follow by the faction because it's a rule for us but everyone else can go to the hospital, get through the roleplay and then timeskip their injuries to return to the fun roleplay they like.

A lot of the time there is no investigation needed into the LEO's death because the guy who did it got gunned down immediately by other officers on scene. Once all the roleplay is done and they respawn, we're told to sit tight for an hour because we're expected to wait that one hour. It provides no benefit to people other than forcing them to sit there and wait the hour before returning to their roleplay. I understand keeping the rule that the character doesn't return to the event, scene, area of where they got killed/hurt but at least allow us to go back on patrol and patrol in another area of the map or help other scenes going on.

Some people just have limited time and they wish to use that time playing as a cop of some sort. Don't really see why people are forced to wait an hour to go back to what they like doing, provided they don't interact with anything related to their death.

1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

Some people just have limited time and they wish to use that time playing as a cop of some sort. Don't really see why people are forced to wait an hour to go back to what they like doing, provided they don't interact with anything related to their death.

I can kinda see where it's coming from, coming back and going right on patrol there's a chance you run into the person who killed you in a pursuit, or backup call. I do agree that taking an entire hour out of someone's RP can be taxing on their fun, I think there needs to be a happy medium and the rule needs to be more specific.