GTAW + RDW - Which would you prefer? Excited?

6 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Hell will freeze over before that happens. RedM could be a viable option, there have already been text servers there but I think the playercount is a bit limited but it would do until Rage get their asses into gear. It would be a shame to miss out on such a unique opportunity for roleplay. Hell you could even start a Gofundme for the project and I'm sure players would throw money at you to hire developers if you don't want to do the game mode yourself. Seems cruel to let it languish just because Rage don't see RedDead as a priority.

Shut up and take my money already. 

1 hour ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Me and you must have been playing a different GTAW.

I wanna say 95% of criminal characters are openly sexist, racist, murderers and before it was outlawed a large percentage of them would definitely /pm you for rape perms after kidnapping your female character if you didn't have anything worth stealing, if anything a lot of GTAW criminals would be more suited to RDW with how careless they are and how often they get away with horrible crimes modern day America wouldn't allow them to.

This tbh, sometimes GTAW is easier to grasp if you RP living in a weird Judge Dredd/Robocop type dystopia or just by fantasy Wild West rules. Would people inevitably make a weirdo racist group just for the sake of appearing edgy? Absolutely, but at least historical context is more on their side even if it's still pretty tasteless to spend your free time on the internet trying to lynch virtual black people or whatever.

22 minutes ago, Koko said:

This tbh, sometimes GTAW is easier to grasp if you RP living in a weird Judge Dredd/Robocop type dystopia or just by fantasy Wild West rules. Would people inevitably make a weirdo racist group just for the sake of appearing edgy? Absolutely, but at least historical context is more on their side even if it's still pretty tasteless to spend your free time on the internet trying to lynch virtual black people or whatever.

I'm just waiting for a 'cowboy' to walk up talking to me and start talking like an 80s gang banger. Whilst the law was very discriminatory back then most were quite well spoken and were still respectful towards women, so half of what goes on in GTAW now, with everyone being a hard man and super offended at the slightest thing, just wouldn't work in that era.

28 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Whilst the law was very discriminatory back then most were quite well spoken and were still respectful towards women, so half of what goes on in GTAW now, with everyone being a hard man and super offended at the slightest thing, just wouldn't work in that era.

With executions for crimes being fairly common what's stopping law enforcement with the help of bounty hunters or even the townsfolk from bringing in the worst of the "hard men" who cause nothing but trouble for the locals and having them killed for their crimes? 

Would actually be neat having CK's way more lax to balance out the rampant amount of crime I'm sure will take place considering the setting.

1 minute ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

With executions for crimes being fairly common what's stopping law enforcement with the help of bounty hunters or even the townsfolk from bringing in the worst of the "hard men" who cause nothing but trouble for the locals and having them killed for their crimes? 

Would actually be neat having CK's way more lax to balance out the rampant amount of crime I'm sure will take place considering the setting.

I was actually an advocate for having things hangings be a relatively common thing in RDW when it came to repeated serious crime. Do it in the town square too, make an event, we'll put a blip to go to the Saloon after.

1 minute ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Wouldn't object to that as long as it's done within reason, as it just works for the setting. Criminal law was much more, lax in allowing people to take matters of justice into their own hands. It would however, need to be tweaked to allow these situations to happen organically, without it simply being a bloodbath over stupid shit as it is more often than not on GTAW now.

RDR2 is a hard-to-run game, most people can't RUN it and if they can that would be either Story Mode or Online. RP version would consume more GPU, CPU and RAM - therefore the performance would drop a lot (especially if there are a lot of players in the server).

So, for NOW. I'd rather GTAW, even if I can run RDR2 on Medium/High settings.

16 minutes ago, MarcoEL said:

RDR2 is a hard-to-run game, most people can't RUN it and if they can that would be either Story Mode or Online. RP version would consume more GPU, CPU and RAM - therefore the performance would drop a lot (especially if there are a lot of players in the server).

Funnily enough my friends on lower-end computers can run Red Dead Online fine and play for hours, it's GTA 5 and it's memory leaks that makes GTA:Online impossible to play after a half an hour play session, same applies for GTAW.

Obviously RageMP running RDR2 might be a different story but I've had a much better time playing vanilla RDR2 performance-wise than I have vanilla GTA 5.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, MarcoEL said:

Why should that be concern those who can run it and want to enjoy roleplay in a different setting? That's your problem and not everyone else's. Sorry if it comes across as harsh, not intending it to but I'm just stating facts.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Wuhtah locked this topic