GTAW + RDW - Which would you prefer? Excited?

5 hours ago, Jain said:

I love RDR2, I love RD:O (obviously gold bar money meta not so much), I love the potential both of them have.

One thing I won't love if we go for it is strict realism, IE women/minorities having little to zero power or agency. Just kills on the types of characters that can have fun. 

I'd prefer an RD:O type grasp on realism, where you can sort of nod to the historical fact that that woman shouldn't be wearing trousers or doing anything beyond being a whore/home-maker, but you can't really expect that to be everyone's cup of tea for that character. Likewise you can poke fun at the ethnic minority having a legally allowed profession above bitch-work or being taken seriously by authority, but you can't make your mission to always lynch uppity non-whites.

I don't even think the KKK should be allowed to be portrayed, it'll just be horrible.

^

14 hours ago, Topinambour said:

Tbh I hope it opens. The wild west environment was extremely openly racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and more. It could attract all those who OOC'ly love that stuff and we'll be better off on GTA 🙂 Absolute win!

acting as if america isn't also openly racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and more ???

who hurt u IC

2 hours ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

Hypothetically if another client came along that allowed you to do everything RageMP allows you to do but it's not RageMP, would you move over and have RDW on a separate client? 

fivem has pretty decent support for red dead i think? looking through their forums it seems they have some robust servers up already but i doubt thats a feasible option

Edited by .mikey
38 minutes ago, .mikey said:

fivem has pretty decent support for red dead i think? looking through their forums it seems they have some robust servers up already but i doubt thats a feasible option

The FiveM team dropped RedM back in 2021 if I remember correctly which is just FiveM but for RDR.

They also implemented OneSync a couple months ago which at it's max allows for servers of up to 2048 players. Little extreme of course but a lot of people still believe FiveM and in turn RedM is capped at 32 players which isn't the case anymore. 

I have no idea how scripting gamemodes works on RedM but if it was the same if not identical to RageMP (java right?) it could actually be possible?

Found this website for player submitted scripts and gamemodes:

https://www.redmscripts.tech/

And obviously the forums with their own selection:

https://forum.cfx.re/c/redm-development/54

🤷‍♂️

edit:

Spoiler

ImzYv6J.png

Edited by BINGBONGBALONEY
  • Wuhtah locked this topic