GTAW + RDW - Which would you prefer? Excited?

The concept sounds interesting for sure. Hopefully it's not just filled with everyone walking around rp'ing as Clint Eastwood in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by the time it's up and running (which seems to be the case with price drops).

I am definitely leaned towards the RDR2 setting opposed to the omnipresent new age LA esque. The game has a lot of potential and a different setting than the modern age adds up to a refreshing experience. Unfortunately RAGEMP and it's RDR2 branch are mostly an abandoned project, let alone the RDW domain that is flooded with spambots that took over the boards years ago. I would not even say it is a soonTM because the efforts for RAGEMP itself at this time are minimal and often breaking more than it fixes on each far and inbetween update over the past months.

RedM is still in its early stages and mostly consisting of voice rp servers trying to become that new nopixel by whoring out for streamers and disregarding the entire setting of the time and society in favour for the twitch TOS which makes most servers more of a social hub rather than any sort of what you could describe as roleplay. So here's hoping whether we will ever see a decent text-based roleplay server on RDR2, let alone a working RAGEMP branch and Red Dead World.

I love the concept of a text based Red Dead Redemption RP server, and as much as I WANT to like it, I feel like RDW would be nothing but a massive DM fest because "lOl ItS tHe WiLd WeSt BrO".

Ontop of that, there's already an issue with people living out their racist fantasies on GTAW as it is, I feel it would be ten times worse in an era where that was largely the norm.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic