GTAW + RDW - Which would you prefer? Excited?

Was having one of my multiple early morning breakdowns thinking of how we're still waiting on the RageMP devs to develop the client and drop the API for devs to start scripting their Red Dead Redemption servers but it had me thinking, how excited are you people for RDW?

Doubt it but just in case you're out of the loop, RDW is the currently on-hold RDR2 equivalent of GTAW founded by big man Nervous himself. From what we can gather it'll function exactly the same as GTAW within Red Dead Redemption 2, very snazzy.

Personally extremely excited about the concept of RDW and hope we finally see it drop one day, RDR2 seems like the perfect base for text-based RP and a gamemode that's a copy 1:1 of GTAW would be perfect.

But yeah what do you guys think? Anything you're excited for regarding RDW? Anything you think wouldn't work? Never see anybody talking about RDW so I thought I'd lazily throw this together to see what people think.

Edited by BINGBONGBALONEY

I think it's a great idea. It'd be nice to show off carriages or horses instead of generic plastic super cars for a change.

I'm thinking the change in pace might bother some people. Obviously the map in RDR2 is a hell of a lot bigger than San Andreas. With that brings its own concerns about peoples impatience in getting from Point A to Point B. If people aren't willing to drive the 4 minutes to the county, I can't imagine they'll stray too far from any city.

On the flipside, who doesn't want to have a homestead off the beaten path somewhere? I sure as shit do. It'd be great to haul wheat into Blackwater at every harvest, get into brawls at the local watering hole after a few too many. Hell, even hunting and living up in the mountains. 

We'll have to see what happens, but I'm all for it. 

* River's Song dismounts the horse.
* River's Song reaches for a bow and arrow.

River's Song says: "ALALALALALA. AYOOO RUN YO TRENCHCOAT COWBOY ALALALALALA"
River's Song is attempting to rob you. Type /arob to accept.
You have shown your items to River's Song.
* River's Song takes the revolver and the chewing tobacco.
River's Song says: "A'IGHT WE OUT ALALALALALALALA! NATIVE INDIAN CRIPS 14, FOO, THAT'S WHO RAN YO SHIDD. DIS OUR VALLEY, OPPS STAY OUT"

cant wait

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 18
48 minutes ago, delanto said:

This is assuming it ever comes out...............

With the current development effort being put into RageMP, which I'm assuming is just either none or negative at this point, the client for it probably isn't coming out. If RDW is to be a thing it's probably better on the RedM client, although it is in a very early stage of development with the majority of natives not having been decompiled.

Edited by Westen
  • Wuhtah locked this topic