Government and corruption

Rhelli

10 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

you dont need permission if no one finds out.

don't ban me, thats a joke.

fr tho, you are roleplaying a life. things aren't black and white. you dont wake up one day and say you're gonna be corrupt. You slowly go down that slide, starting off at cutting small corners, getting away with it and progressing. This whole ask permission thing, i understand its there to stop it getting out of control but it should be at the FACTION LEADERS prerogative, not FM. FM aren't faction leaders, FM needs to understand they are not faction leaders and work with leadership of respective factions, instead of directing respective factions. 

But that involves trusting faction leaders not to fuck up.

So I dunno, micromanaging factions is bad but some oversight do need to happen.

6 minutes ago, Anders said:

But that involves trusting faction leaders not to fuck up.

So I dunno, micromanaging factions is bad but some oversight do need to happen.

Most factions require years of effort to get to the top, most people I see in the major factions have done this before or have done this multiple times. Oversight is working with the leader, LFM in the past (Even during Dream's days) acted as defacto faction leaders and cut the legitimate leaders out. Having seen every iteration of this servers LFM team throughout my stay on GTA W, and having interacted with each "administration" as both an admin and faction leader in the past, this type of behaviour is WAY too common. I know this thread is to discuss corruption but it opens well into discussing FM's impact on corruption and impact on factions overall. 

1 hour ago, NexusExodus said:

As the leader of SAPA I have plans to speak with FM before the end of the month to start some sort of rework on corruption and illegal schemes. I’d like to see more factions trying to infiltrate our labor forces and potentially bribe customs officers to turn a blind eye. The system I’ve devised so far will aim to keep things fair for both sides, and teach illegal RPers how to commit shipping fraud and create reasonable cover businesses 

I'll probably end up bugging you in the near future, this has been on my potential group's agenda!

Corruption perms have always been a thing requested and granted by the faction leaders, and I have personally never heard of any issues where they leaked that information or metagamed it or any reports related to that. Faction leaders understand that confidentiality is crucial in these situations and they're not here to grant your characters corruption perms just to metagame it and bust your character down the next day, what do they gain out of that other than having one less member in their faction?

We can't really remove all corruption perms restrictions and applications and let whoever roleplay being corrupt because then no one would be straight and by the book, but we also aren't here to micromanage everyone. We encourage people to roleplay characters with normal lives, normal humanly reactions to things, etc. As someone mentioned on this thread, things aren't always black and white.

If you're in a government faction and you wish to roleplay someone who's corrupt, then I suggest you reach out to your faction leader and they'll point you in the right direction as every faction has a different process/guidelines. We will, however, look at reviewing how these things are handled and whether there's a better way of going about it, especially for government factions that aren't LEOs, so all feedback is welcomed and will be taken into consideration.

• Thanks 2

one of the strangest failings of this server is that it's actually less interesting to follow than irl, like there's quite literally less corruption, less incompetence and less overall shit going on on a macro level

idk how you guys even achieved that with what should be limitless creative freedom

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, imi said:

How many people do these factions have? I'd be concerned about the relatively low numbers when compared to LEO factions which have a good few hundred members, and that therefore one or two people with corruption would be quite a large amount in proportion to the total amount of members.

This would make sense but almost every body in LEO factions seems to be corrupt now, or it’s easier if you’re friends with the faction leadership. 

I think corruption should be done realistically but not in a way that it'll ruin the whole faction.

Cops being more rough with you because you don't "appreciate" them aka giving them gifts? That's fine and how it do irl, same with cops arresting you on bogus charges or harassing you or taking your drugs but not putting them in evidence.

Not cops that murder people because corruption. People usually confuse corruption with everything illegal which is not true.

And for non-LEO factions, hospitals can give out fake prescriptions or doctors or EMS etc, they can help supply drugs etc, public works could help install suspicious devices on a enemy house's road or whatever.

Factions like SAPA could, as mentioned, help ship in illicit goods and look the other way when stuff happens that's not okay with the law. There's a lot of stuff to do that dosn't have to end in violence.

2 hours ago, books said:

one of the strangest failings of this server is that it's actually less interesting to follow than irl, like there's quite literally less corruption, less incompetence and less overall shit going on on a macro level

idk how you guys even achieved that with what should be limitless creative freedom

oh there's plenty of corruption, u just dont see it. I've seen senators doing cocaine ig, contracts going to friends etc. It's more refined these days but if you know where to look, it exists. It's just done really realistically.

• Wuhtah locked this topic