Government and corruption

Rhelli

So, as far as I know, corruption is not allowed in government and related factions (like SAPA). I feel like this might be putting restrictions on what could potentially be interesting roleplay. Imagine shipping counterfeit goods from China, and working with SAPA to forge shipping documents, or bribing them to let the shipment slip through checkpoints. Can we have some clarifications from FM why this is prohibited, or if it's going to change anytime soon if a proper discussion is started?

• Upvote 3

You can still do that (with sapa), just need approval from IFM really. Longshoremen etc can be corrupt, its just the management cannot for obvious reasons.

Just talk to @NexusExodus who runs SAPA and IFM/LFM for your plan and it'll happen if its good enough.

source: i work in sapa

Edited by Anders
42 minutes ago, Anders said:

You can still do that (with sapa), just need approval from IFM really. Longshoremen etc can be corrupt, its just the management cannot for obvious reasons.

Just talk to @NexusExodus who runs SAPA and IFM/LFM for your plan and it'll happen if its good enough.

source: i work in sapa

whats the fun in that, telling the faction leader what you're gonna do oocly, he allows it and then you act like nobody knows while doing it? thats just waiting for a shitstorm of metagaming reports once one of the sides loses something and starts complaining about MG. speaking iwth IFM is good enough if they wont tell anyone else about it and leave the rp be intriguing, not predictable

Just now, zaXer. said:

whats the fun in that, telling the faction leader what you're gonna do oocly, he allows it and then you act like nobody knows while doing it? thats just waiting for a shitstorm of metagaming reports once one of the sides loses something and starts complaining about MG. speaking iwth IFM is good enough if they wont tell anyone else about it and leave the rp be intriguing, not predictable

Admins has been known to leak stuff to people they like. It's a risk we all take disclosing things to admins or faction leaders. I did not say Nexus would be the one approving it, that's up to IFM/LFM. You can still talk to him, get the best idea and plan for your corruption/scheme and make it enjoyable on both sides. 

5 minutes ago, Anders said:

Admins has been known to leak stuff to people they like. It's a risk we all take disclosing things to admins or faction leaders. I did not say Nexus would be the one approving it, that's up to IFM/LFM. You can still talk to him, get the best idea and plan for your corruption/scheme and make it enjoyable on both sides. 

yes and that loses all the fun in the game and in the end the roleplay is all the same, and you know what will happen, and then people quit. because of stuff like this.

As the leader of SAPA I have plans to speak with FM before the end of the month to start some sort of rework on corruption and illegal schemes. I’d like to see more factions trying to infiltrate our labor forces and potentially bribe customs officers to turn a blind eye. The system I’ve devised so far will aim to keep things fair for both sides, and teach illegal RPers how to commit shipping fraud and create reasonable cover businesses 

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 2

I think that the current LFM would agree with all of these changes, is that they have some work to do first, as you saw with what @Moe posted, a lot of changes are being done and actually being more clear with people, don't see why he'd disagree with this.

Edited by Jax

How many people do these factions have? I'd be concerned about the relatively low numbers when compared to LEO factions which have a good few hundred members, and that therefore one or two people with corruption would be quite a large amount in proportion to the total amount of members.

Edited by imi

you dont need permission if no one finds out.

don't ban me, thats a joke.

fr tho, you are roleplaying a life. things aren't black and white. you dont wake up one day and say you're gonna be corrupt. You slowly go down that slide, starting off at cutting small corners, getting away with it and progressing. This whole ask permission thing, i understand its there to stop it getting out of control but it should be at the FACTION LEADERS prerogative, not FM. FM aren't faction leaders, FM needs to understand they are not faction leaders and work with leadership of respective factions, instead of directing respective factions. 

Edited by Mecovy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic