be kind

L I C E

Maybe I'm not the best person to make such a thread but I've mellowed out a lot over the last 3 years and I just wanted to get something off my chest. There's a lot of name-calling and smack talking on GTAw. Some goes on behind the scenes, some doesn't, so idk, maybe you'll read this 2am thread created in the throes of me sitting on the toilet and think and reflect. Whatever your style of RP, or whatever your opinion. Whether you take an L or dish one out, just remember every other character and forum account has a human behind it and at the end of the day what we do here is essentially group story writing. The next time you wanna insult or mock someone in game or here on the forums, just think for a second what you might put that person through and if being hostile over online storytelling is really worth it. The world is already a horrible place. Do you wanna contribute?

be kind

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 2

Remember that at the end of the day we're all equally nerds and losers. Doesn't really matter if a nerd makes fun of another nerd for being a nerd.

We're playing a game about a virtual life that we don't have and we spend many hours of our day doing so. Someone tells you to touch grass? They probably don't really do so themselves, and it's a little counterproductive to tell someone to get a grip on something you don't have much of, to begin with.

My point is, this is the internet, yes, people could be better and nicer, but some people are bitter, some others just happen to be frustrated with life and decide to put that on others, people who do and say mean things generally don't feel too good about themselves, so it's best to just do what you enjoy and let them figure themselves out.

• Wuhtah locked this topic