Add a 3 second delay in entering properties (balance)

kirbyz

Good day,

in recent discussions of balance which improves the experience of every player in the community, please consider the following:

Detailed Description

(3) second delay when entering/exiting any interior. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Simple timer upon pressing Y or /enter

How will it benefit the server?

Unfortunately this game mechanic provides an unfair advantage to those running from assailants or more commonly Law Enforcement. Most situations where criminals are being chased into an interior end up in a loss due to the lightning quick entry. As a result, this produces an unfair advantage for the person whom entered the interior first. This would apply to all players entering and exiting, being consistent with real life times of approaching the door, entering, and closing it (thus removing line of sight).

please discuss, thank you. I feel like this would be a great change for balance in the current server dynamic.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
6 hours ago, L I C E said:

I open my door with my mind. But yeah, I'd say unlocking/locking needs a timer. Entering should be instant still.

Whilst realistically, the unlocking/locking of the door is what takes the most time, I fear it would invite more metagame/third party voice shenanigans where Runner X tells Buddy Y to unlock the door and walk away, just seconds before Runner X arrives there to enter.

14 minutes ago, Xerany said:

Whilst realistically, the unlocking/locking of the door is what takes the most time, I fear it would invite more metagame/third party voice shenanigans where Runner X tells Buddy Y to unlock the door and walk away, just seconds before Runner X arrives there to enter.

You're saying as if they already don't metagame via voicechats a lot. This'll at least add an easier way to determine if they are MGing beforehand, at least.