Police Helicopter Usage

A weird amount of subjective / unreasonable terms for an already overworked staff team.
What is one area of the map?
Are you really gonna punish people for flying over this still undetermined area for more than three minutes?
What is camping, if there's a patrol route around the area, is that still camping because they're within this (still undefined) space?

I don't play a pilot, I play a cop, I've personally experienced anywhere from 6-12ish calls that *started* with AIR. Maybe the issue isn't that, it's the feeling of constantly being watched, I don't really know, I don't play a criminal. 

The issue I see with this is that which has been pointed out, heavy crime can be *really* easy. You literally just have to wear a mask, do /gloves nitrile, and not have a cop within range to hear and respond to your shots before you can run into an interior, then you're off free from murder. 

In part of the city where we have anywhere from eight to nine gunshot calls an hour, and very few are resolved with anything more than corpses, what's the next step? Cops can't drive around an area for more than two minutes? This creates a very odd uncertainty as to the future, in and where patrolling high-crime areas is called 'camping.' 

Irregardless, I don't think most people will really notice these changes, as, believe it or not, most pilots have human emotions and get bored. Those who are complaining about it ruining their experience are probably overreacting a tad, but. When it rains, it storms. 

• Applaud 2

I don't really like it when the server outlines specific rules for things; I understand that you need to clearly outline where the line is for behaviors but if there was a problem with how a demographic is portraying their character's career, maybe the better approach would be to take the grievance directly to the factions/players who perpetrate.

Internal communication between LFM and the factions they overlook could've easily helped clear up these portrayal issues before it became so pressing that you had  to dump a rules sheet on their desk. If "Don't constantly hover over a gang's turf" is such a huge ask that you need to make specific rules for it then there are clearly other problems at play that should also be addressed.

My question is: How did players who believe that hovering over gang turfs endlessly without roleplaying the basic functions of their helicopter become acceptable behavior in the first place? How did these players end up in the air division to start with? These are the real problems LFM should address; for now, offering this rules sheet is just tapping a band-aid over a larger issue within the insulated culture of LEO roleplayers on this server.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

There isn't any reason for people to attack one another for the category of roleplay they are actively involved in. If you can't act like adults during discussion topics like these, you will be muted.

I'll be honest, I don't see anything wrong with making the playing field level for both parties. From what I've heard LSSD's air unit has been following these same or similar guidelines for quite some time with no issues.

Edited by TyJ

We’re making progress with the feedback that we’ve received. One thing for certain is that the strict presentation of timers was not the way to go, and we’re looking at a more open-ended solution that should be more appropriate for all sides. In the meantime, the deadline for implementation will be placed on hold though we still aim to get this put out in a timely manner because it’s a pressing issue for the wider community. The thread will be unlocked when a more refined version has finished being reviewed internally, which we’re very much underway with.

• Upvote 3