Police Helicopter Usage

21 minutes ago, crafter said:

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

As an American, this is very painful to read.

• Upvote 6
2 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

So these rules and the way you went about them are so bad that most of the air division, including the leaders, quit.

When the Legal Management is so bad that they make good Roleplayers leave the server maybe it's time for a change in LFM.

I mean isn't that your job? To keep people happy? And now you made them so unhappy that they're leaving the server? Clearly you disastrously failed at your job, so why should you be allowed to keep it?

LEO players quitting the server because the amount of power they have over normal players got slightly reduced? What a shocker lol.

1 hour ago, crafter said:

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

I read this, I liked it and I approve it! This would be a good implementation for law enforcement roleplay!

The micromanaging on here is indeed pretty worrisome. That goes not just for helicopter usage(?). A rule for every little thing, but for no apparent reason admins still take 2 hours to respond to simple reports just to tell you to post it on the forums. I think all this energy that’s being put into micromanaging every aspect of rolepay is better used fixing the fundamentals of this community.

• Applaud 1
36 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

LEO players quitting the server because the amount of power they have over normal players got slightly reduced? What a shocker lol.

Ehf, to be fair I'm not sure it's a question of power reduction. Like, I'm among the proponents of "please stop giving new script radars with each single damn update, or other such things for PD, and start giving them investigative tools instead". But here, a lot of stuff that is added doesn't seem to address a core problem, but to add a lot of inconvenience and time wasting tools instead. 

An example is with the "don't hover above someone like a creeper for no reason". A simple rule or reminder could have been laid out for the Air units, regarding this type of behavior. However, making them AFK for 5 minutes at the fuel pits, or making them copy-paste 4-page long checklists (because I checked, that's how long an H125 checklist is)... it's just making the task as horribly unattractive and boring as humanly possible. :x And I'm not sure which problem it really addresses, if any. 

In the end it may just end up making the entire air unit unattractive to players who were already RP'ing properly, and instead make it attractive for line-pukers, which isn't much of an improvement. 😕 Plus the reports over this stuff might be a real pain for the handling admins. 

Edited by Topinambour

I understand where this rule suggestion comes from but it’s just not enforceable or reasonable with the current restrictions. I think admins could focus their efforts on other core issues and major rule breaks instead of targeting the 1-2/700 people online who fly around in the helicopter. Internal regulation can have the same effect on the concerns described by many here, and should be prioritized over arbitrary rule enforcement.