Police Helicopter Usage

5 minutes ago, Coach said:

As soon as we make the entire server 1:1 realism.

That's a fairly simple request for balancing. It does not require 1:1 server realism before implementation.

I understand this may not be fair to you, but try to at least open yourself up to the other side of the conversation and hold your offence.

17 minutes ago, Coach said:

Not only that, but how many people do a single line of roleplay to... start their car? I get it's a different comparison. But why force that process when it would be equally as ridiculous to force someone to RP "/me puts the key in the ignition, turning it clockwise until the engine starts".

That said, it shouldn't be *run into locker room, /uniform, run to roof, take off* either.

Oh yeah clearly. Whenever starting any aircraft in-game I actually take the time to simulate some pre-flight check. I just feel there's a better medium between having to mechanically and boringly /me every line of a real H125 checklist, and the infamous "Y & fly" 😛 

I just feel we'd be better served with a full admission that it's only a balance change, and have those pre-flight timers being usable for proper character development. Instead of trying to dissimulate it as a "realism and RP quality concern because doing more /mes = more quality somehow" where little proper RP is likely to ever happen. :x 

1 minute ago, Sycamour said:

That's a fairly simple request for balancing. It does not require 1:1 server realism before implementation.

I understand this may not be fair to you, but try to at least open yourself up to the other side of the conversation and hold your offence.

I'm not sure what gives you the right to say "hold your offence". I was simply stating a fact. I'm trying to remain level headed and I have seen and heard both sides and agree with a lot of what was suggested in the original post.

IRL there would be two helicopters up nearly 24/7 all of which would be occupied by a pilot and TFO. A helicopter would never even leave the ground without both. This is a game, we don't have the ability to force someone to sit in a helicopter with the sole RP being to talk to someone next to them and look in a camera. No one is interested in doing that. It's a gameplay concession, just like the millions of other gameplay concessions on the server both for illegal and legal roleplayers.

People who are in LFM have been TFOs and know what it's like, it's not fun. Hence why it's not an issue.

In this topic it is stated:

It is a consideration that any criminal should have in the environment we portray. That being said, we understand the scale differences between real life and the game. Los Angeles has a population of nearly four million, as opposed to the hundreds that actively play on the server

In another topic it was stated:

If you are on a public street during daylight and someone sticks you up, assume the street is empty while the stickup is occurring. If there are people on the street, let them call 911. If they aren't calling 911, then that's an IC issue. 

When increased population means an advantage to civilians it is not allowed to assume a higher population to mirror the real life population exists. When increased population means an advantage to criminals it is allowed to assume a higher population to mirror real life population exists. 

This is a double standard that I find unfair.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

I just feel we'd be better served with a full admission that it's only a balance change, and have those pre-flight timers being usable for proper character development.

Oh I by no means was trying to argue that most of what was suggested in the original post is fair. I agree with most of it, I already posted about the one section I felt needed to be tweaked (not even removed, just tweaked).

2 minutes ago, King said:

In this topic it is stated:

In another topic it was stated:

When increased population means an advantage to civilians it is not allowed to assume a higher population to mirror the real life population exists. When increased population means an advantage to criminals it is allowed to assume a higher population to mirror real life population exists. 

This is a double standard that I find unfair.

Hard agree but the rules for where criminals can commit crime have recently been adjusted to take into consideration areas with high population density, such as beaches and highways.

I actually enjoy reading this discussion because I agree with both sides and personally feel like it’s a good step for everyone.

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

1 minute ago, crafter said:

Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people.

Pursuits rarely happen now adays, but twenty people in a day also don't take off from traffic stops either. And when they do evade, they don't do it at 120mph through the city. This is another comment that suggests PD needs to be more 1:1 realism while the rest of the community stays the same. We can't pick and choose the 1:1 realism thing only when it suits our argument.

I fully agree PD needs to RP fear of losing life. And there needs to be less of a play-to-win mentality on all sides.

13 minutes ago, crafter said:

I’d like to see the PD be split between armed and unarmed Officers for realism. Pursuits nowadays don’t really happen, so there should also be very heavy moderation on allowing police to chase people. 90% of cops should be unarmed IMO, and there should be a focus away from policing people IC to allow actual powerful organizations like OC to control the city. Any dangerous situations should also be avoided as PD needs to rp fear of losing life.

Meet the modders who play GTA 5 as mild-mannered British cops | WIRED UK

"Geh your 'ands up son, you're nicked sonshine!"

half the server is british, might as well make the police british too

Edited by CertifiedKiller