Police Helicopter Usage

13 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And how many 15 year olds from Davis roleplay realistic driving, running, shooting skills and a realistic home environment? ( 15 year olds that own 2 houses and cars, seems legit )

i watch another LEO rper assume a stereotype while advocating for equality

4 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

What's someone gonna do, shoot at you with a pistol from 200 meters out?

Your issue is with trying to find a gamey balance on a RP server. Not everything has to have a counter, this isn't League of Legends. What's someone gonna do when 4 dudes come out of a car and say 'run your pockets cuh' ? Where's the balance in that? Not everything needs to have a counterplay.

• Applaud 1

Observation here.

There's a lot of people in this thread who are like "This is great for balance." - Some of these people are the same people who want hyper realism, and are the "wE aRe CaLiFoRnIa" crowd. There is no balance in to this stuff in the real world. So either step off the balance train, or step off the hyper realism train. Because there is no both.

This whole thing seems to be thought out on paper, but almost not at all in application. That's obvious in the arbitrary numbers in loiter times and the impracticality of forcing them out of an area to a potentially dead area of the map just to make it "fair" to players committing a crime.

I guarantee you what will come now is, if LEO's show up on scenes, the first questions that will be asked is "Well how did you guys know?" and/or "Well how long were they there?"

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

What's someone gonna do, shoot at you with a pistol from 200 meters out?

Yes this has happened hahahahah. Overall I can generally see the point of your post though. Like I have said previously and stated in my first post in this topic. I agree with most of the changes, but the one I highlighted essentially makes an airship useless as it can only be used as a reactive measure not a proactive one. That's the only part I want tweaked.

7 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I think a lot of complaints here are a little bit off the mark. My fellow LEO players — please. Make an alternative character. Roleplay with some friends, or some random people. Not necessarily in a high-crime area. Just be outdoors and roleplay in a group.

After a helicopter stares at you like the Eye of Sauron for fifteen minutes straight despite nothing going on, you will soon find this very much annoying. You don't necessarily have to be doing anything to be targeted. It is extremely annoying even if you're just a legal character — the feeling of it is really not a good one.

When you experience the other "side", you're going to start seeing the bigger picture more clearly. This isn't "another W for the illegal community", this is a W towards facilitating roleplay for everyone. Helicopters are (rightfully) very oppressive tools within the arsenal, and there's really no repercussions to fielding them. What's someone gonna do, shoot at you with a pistol from 200 meters out?

I can understand why this can be seen as frustrating, but the rules aren't even active just yet. Try to get used to them, embrace the change. It's not here to ruin your fun, it's here to relieve some pressure off of everyone else and let them have theirs while keeping the playing field leveled.

1 hour ago, Coach said:

We don't have the ability to have a TFO on every single flight because, you guessed it, it's a game!

You can fly a heli and operate the camera at the same time, but its against the rules for illegal rpers to shoot while in the drivers seat of a car, even if the car is stationary. The only difference between these is that it's not too uncommon irl for drivers to shoot out of windows, but helicopter pilots never fly without a copilot. YOU are the one picking when its a game, if you don't see the disparity in rules there you're being ignorant.

Edited by getmoney