Police Helicopter Usage

1 minute ago, Bomber Harris said:

They are noobs and should be subject to punishment. However, because people perform under the established standard doesn't mean that we should be giving others a free reign to do whatever they want or violate fairness principles to players that actually do put in the work to roleplay adequately. 

No one's going to solo RP fixing a car/chopper for half an hour dude. Respect people's time.

LEO factions already have to deal with enough paperwork as is.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
Just now, averycoolguy said:

I can simply turn this around and tell you that if Illegal roleplayers aren't OK with increased police presence and difficulty in getting away with homicide in an area that is being closely monitored then maybe they should stick to mallratting. It's entirely realistic for Davis to be watched all the time because that's where 90% of the killings on this server occur.

The difference here is that the criminal roleplayers want to create roleplay and have fun doing it.  If a persons fun comes from decimating the roleplay with others? They are simply on the wrong server.

3 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

Cool. Provide me proof and like the promise I made in the earlier post, I will eat my hat. I am not kidding when I say this. I will document myself, bit by bit, eating a ball cap that is in my possession of your choice. I have never ever seen any of these things you make claims to, and I wish for you to enlighten and/or prove me wrong. Bar a few individuals in places like Blaine County Aviation and some factions, I have only seen helicopters treated as an extension of a patrol cars. 

But how would you see any of this? I don't see 99% of the roleplay on this server, that means it doesn't exist? Once again, very hypocritical in your response. Just because YOU don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

• Web Developer
3 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And how many 15 year olds from Davis roleplay realistic driving, running, shooting skills and a realistic home environment? ( 15 year olds that own 2 houses and cars, seems legit )

I think we should be here to provide roleplay to the server, not use our tools to police the server on an OOC level. Those who provide subpar roleplay, or no roleplay at all, should be left for administrators to deal with. This is akin to repeatedly tasing people over and over because they do not respond to roleplay. We should not be using tools afforded to us in-character in order to enforce OOC server rules because someone (in our opinion) is a poor roleplayer.

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of complaints here are a little bit off the mark. My fellow LEO players — please. Make an alternative character. Roleplay with some friends, or some random people. Not necessarily in a high-crime area. Just be outdoors and roleplay in a group.

After a helicopter stares at you like the Eye of Sauron for fifteen minutes straight despite nothing going on, you will soon find this very much annoying. You don't necessarily have to be doing anything to be targeted. It is extremely annoying even if you're just a legal character — the feeling of it is really not a good one.

When you experience the other "side", you're going to start seeing the bigger picture more clearly. This isn't "another W for the illegal community", this is a W towards facilitating roleplay for everyone. Helicopters are (rightfully) very oppressive tools within the arsenal, and there's really no repercussions to fielding them. What's someone gonna do, shoot at you with a pistol from 200 meters out?

I can understand why this can be seen as frustrating, but the rules aren't even active just yet. Try to get used to them, embrace the change. It's not here to ruin your fun, it's here to relieve some pressure off of everyone else and let them have theirs while keeping the playing field leveled.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 4

We’ve had a lot of feedback so far, whether it’s been voiced here or privately. Me and Moe are going over everything that we’ve seen and we’ll be making changes soon. We genuinely appreciate every bit of input we’ve been given and hopefully things will shape up a little nicer with the next iterations.

• Upvote 2