Police Helicopter Usage

4 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

I think you missed my point. This change is supposed to improve the ability to have fun for everyone. It’s not fair for people to get tagged by a hovering helicopter for no reason other than being in a car. There’s no roleplay to being a helicopter pilot than surveying people and participating in chases.

Yes because having 3 active shooting crime scenes in the same geographical area is a lot of fun, when each shooting crime scene usually takes 5 cops ~30 mins to process on a good day.

1 minute ago, averycoolguy said:

Except apparently it's not fun for ASD, seeing as how they all fucking quit.

These changes for ''fun'' always seem to be tilted against LEO factions. I'm not having fun when I write arrest reports, can we do away with those?

We want people on the server playing criminal characters to have fun, even if that doesn't involve us on our LEO characters parking on their streets because crime happens on a roleplay server with criminals on it.  If people in ASD are quitting because they can't dry-hump criminal roleplay into the ground from above? I'm not sure they should have ever been in that unit.  

I'm just saying, your approach to LEO roleplay on this server doesn't seem very cool at all, you might need to change your forum name.

7 minutes ago, Junx said:

My point was you wouldn't zoom in on random cars for no reason

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you SHOULD, but you absolutely can. There is absolutely no assumed right to privacy when driving/walking through the city. An airship is no different than someone on the street looking at you as you drive by.

That said, I'm not trying to say we should be able to "turf camp" or simply follow a car for no apparent reason until they break a law.

36 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

It is a video game, not real life. Stop bringing up real life capabilities and aerial components when you don't put in any effort portraying a pilot or managing a rotary wing aircraft. You get in, do a single line of roleplay, a pretyped ATC message and fly off. This contributes nothing and there is no cool portrayal

And how many 15 year olds from Davis roleplay realistic driving, running, shooting skills and a realistic home environment? ( 15 year olds that own 2 houses and cars, seems legit )

2 minutes ago, Coach said:

Something we both agree on, the first sentence here. To say that "serious research" hasn't been done is pretty unfair. I can't say I've been around since day one, but I know at least a few of the people who helped start aviation RP in general and many of them are pilots themselves. They put thought into the infrastructure and it's not like we were allowed to RP "free" helicopters. These are things we have to budget to have and maintain, just like anything else.

Again, the argument about a dedicated pilot character I'll talk about separately from this post as it's not relevant to it.

Cool. Provide me proof and like the promise I made in the earlier post, I will eat my hat. I am not kidding when I say this. I will document myself, bit by bit, eating a ball cap that is in my possession of your choice. I have never ever seen any of these things you make claims to, and I wish for you to enlighten and/or prove me wrong. Bar a few individuals in places like Blaine County Aviation and some factions, I have only seen helicopters treated as an extension of a patrol cars. 

• Web Developer

Great change.

It's important to keep some law enforcement abilities regulated on an OOC level to ensure a fair balance for everyone involved. Criminal roleplayers who are targeted by this type of play to win behavior have no way of retaliating or countering these measures, and it simply sucks the fun out of their game and character development because someone in an air unit is bored.

I'm glad this has been put in the rules as I believe it is only fair given the overall advantages LEO factions have. Tools offered to LEO factions should be used only to enhance roleplay and to respond to incidents when needed, not to target people who put a lot of roleplay into their characters and disallow them from enjoying the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

And how many 15 year olds from Davis roleplay realistic driving, running, shooting skills and a realistic home environment? ( 15 year olds that own 2 houses and cars, seems legit )

They are noobs and should be subject to punishment. However, because people perform under the established standard doesn't mean that we should be giving others a free reign to do whatever they want or violate fairness principles to players that actually do put in the work to roleplay adequately.