Police Helicopter Usage

1 minute ago, RoyalPainter said:

I can’t really consider being notoriously known for hovering over an area waiting for something to happen and a track record of forum reports for metagaming and what not “rp”.

Wow, the area with the astronomically highest homicide and cop killings in the state has increased police presence? That's shocking bro.

• Applaud 1

What defines one area of the map? The way this is written seems a little bit vague and open to rule 0 discrepancies, which will almost definitely result in people being punished for simply misunderstanding the rules and not being malicious.

1 minute ago, averycoolguy said:

Wow, the area with the astronomically highest homicide and cop killings in the state has increased police presence? That's shocking bro.

I think you missed my point. This change is supposed to improve the ability to have fun for everyone. It’s not fair for people to get tagged by a hovering helicopter for no reason other than being in a car. There’s no roleplay to being a helicopter pilot than surveying people and participating in chases.

2 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

I think you missed my point. This change is supposed to improve the ability to have fun for everyone. It’s not fair for people to get tagged by a hovering helicopter for no reason other than being in a car. There’s no roleplay to being a helicopter pilot than surveying people and participating in chases.

Except apparently it's not fun for ASD, seeing as how they all fucking quit.

These changes for ''fun'' always seem to be tilted against LEO factions. I'm not having fun when I have to write arrest reports and other paperwork, can we do away with those?

Edited by averycoolguy
3 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

Simply put, LE roleplayers should be held to the same standard as other players. Even more so, in some cases, as they get a lot of benefits and circumvent a lot of stuff that ordinary players (legal or illegal) have to put up with. Fairness to other players is my only argument here, and I do not believe it is very fair to have an airship up in the air at all times being able to dunk on the people on the ground without some very serious research on what goes into keeping these helicopters operational, the crews functional, and dedicated roleplay to the characters involved (dedicated pilots) and the airframe that is being used, as well as the roleplay surrounding it. 

Something we both agree on, the first sentence here. To say that "serious research" hasn't been done is pretty unfair. I can't say I've been around since day one, but I know at least a few of the people who helped start aviation RP in general and many of them are pilots themselves. They put thought into the infrastructure and it's not like we were allowed to RP "free" helicopters. These are things we have to budget to have and maintain, just like anything else.

Again, the argument about a dedicated pilot character I'll talk about separately from this post as it's not relevant to it.