Police Helicopter Usage

So these rules and the way you went about them are so bad that most of the air division, including the leaders, quit.

When the Legal Management is so bad that they make good Roleplayers leave the server maybe it's time for a change in LFM.

I mean isn't that your job? To keep people happy? And now you made them so unhappy that they're leaving the server? Clearly you disastrously failed at your job, so why should you be allowed to keep it?

1 minute ago, Bomber Harris said:

You and I both know that this is a lie. I will eat my hat if you post roleplay screenshots that prove continuity of the helicopters being serviced every X amount of time and not being a one off thing. Actual, in depth roleplay at a place that can facilitate such work being done to a helicopter since I can't see serious work being done to an asset at a stand alone helipad which is where I see a lot of the deployments taking place from (bar a few exceptions).

No.

They are maintained the same way the rest of our PD fleet is maintained. We have a hangar at LSIA as well. We actually have dedicated roles for those who maintain our fleet. So I'm not sure where you get your information from, but you're misinformed.

Totally fine if you don't want to. I'm not trying to be hostile at all. But you're extremely close minded on this, just wanted to provide some clarity that is all.

4 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

It's always good to confront the problem head-on first by talking about it. It's also something that could've been addressed without rules. And of course LFM could (and in my opinion) has gotten this from the wrong and completely nonsensical approach.

Would you be maintaining this position if a rule came out tomorrow saying that criminals were not allowed to use cars that go over 100mph in any crime, and not one member of an illegal faction was consulted? Or do you only have an issue with that sort of thing when it affects you? 

3 minutes ago, Xerany said:

Impartial, yes, but to be entirely deaf to a faction that consists of.. maybe 20 people? (Speaking of just PD here) In comparison to... well, if we're being honest, at least 200+ people that do active crime ranging from drug distribution to Crime Syndicate stuff? To put the cards on the table, not even the person IN CHARGE of ASD was notified of these new rules, or spoken to about their fairness/influence.

Same premise, would you expect the server management to consult with every illegal faction before they added in a rule which affected every single criminal character on the server? 

1 minute ago, averycoolguy said:

So these rules and the way you went about them are so bad that most of the air division, including the leaders, quit.

When the Legal Management is so bad that they make good Roleplayers leave the server maybe it's time for a change in LFM.

I mean isn't that your job? To keep people happy? And now you made them so unhappy that they're leaving the server? Clearly you disastrously failed at your job, so why should you be allowed to keep it?

I don't think a good roleplayer would throw their toys out of the pram and cry about it if they couldn't hover over Davis for 45 minutes following a sedan because it has four people in it.  

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

I can’t really consider being notoriously known for hovering over an area waiting for something to happen and a track record of forum reports for metagaming and what not “rp”.

Hugely disappointed with how LFM has been doing the last few years.

Nerf after nerf after nerf to LEOs that frustrates good players/roleplayers and makes them leave for greener pastures, all for the sake of a MMO-like 'balance' that we shouldn't even strive for.

99% of crimes go unsolved, so why the fuck are we worrying about Cops & Robbers balance? This isn't a Deathmatch server, it's a RP server and any criminal with more than 2 neurons has countless opportunities to kill someone. You can't even hear gunshots if they're inside an interior for the love of God.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
24 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

The changes are dumb and the changes made aren't done with the LEO air units as a collective, and are therefore incompatible with most of their wishes.

Currently phoneposting so I'll explain it in detail later in the evening.

Let's not drag any other faction's air units into your argumentation, LSSD's Aero Bureau does not mind these changes at all.

Edited by lambchops
1 minute ago, Coach said:

So you think it's realistic for a car being pursued to drive 120mph through a city then? The fact is you are picking and choosing when the realism argument suits you. I'm not saying we should have free rein, I'm not even saying I disagree with what most of the original post said. I agree some of the things mentioned in it should and need to be addressed.

I'm going to finish my stint in this topic with this closing remark: You do not understand what I am talking about. I am not talking about "realism" as a broad concept applied to every faucet of the game. If we were realistic, we'd be cutting down a lot of the things that make this game fun for the people involved on either side. However, I am talking about applying realism/game logic to segments of the game that are a fairness concern to other players that do not get a helicopter in the game for free. 

Simply put, LE roleplayers should be held to the same standard as other players. Even more so, in some cases, as they get a lot of benefits and circumvent a lot of stuff that ordinary players (legal or illegal) have to put up with. Fairness to other players is my only argument here, and I do not believe it is very fair to have an airship up in the air at all times being able to dunk on the people on the ground without some very serious research on what goes into keeping these helicopters operational, the crews functional, and dedicated roleplay to the characters involved (dedicated pilots) and the airframe that is being used, as well as the roleplay surrounding it. 

1 minute ago, Phased said:

Would you be maintaining this position if a rule came out tomorrow saying that criminals were not allowed to use cars that go over 100mph in any crime, and not one member of an illegal faction was consulted? Or do you only have an issue with that sort of thing when it affects you? 

I'd be laughing but yes I would still be maintaining my position that those affected should be consulted.

4 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

You can apply this argument to so much, do you provide in-depth roleplay cleaning your toilet?

My in-character toilet does not have the capability to dispatch 4 characters that have spent 4 weeks developing a hit on another character/member of a faction only to get shit on (ironically) by Big Brother in the sky that is exempt from the roleplay/development/continuity because ?

So no, I do not roleplay cleaning the shitter with the bog brush. That'd be ridiculous!