Police Helicopter Usage

4 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

Who maintains the helicopter? Do you hire civilian staff to work on it?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

I would have no quarrels with aerial units being given impunity if people roleplayed actual pilots and flight staff, if there was cool roleplay behind it.

What I have to say in response to this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, so if you want to talk about that more message me on Discord (Coach#1467). I'm happy to speak with you about forced alts and the pros/cons that come with it.

1 minute ago, Coach said:

Speaking as a member of the command team in PD's ASD, what is frustrating to me is we were never approached about this. We had a couple offhand complaints here and there, but it was never brought to us as any more than "a few bad apples". So to get a message this morning linked to this MASSIVE MASSIVE change without being given the opportunity to make the change ourselves is pretty disappointing.

How do you think all of the other players felt when rules affecting them came out?  These rules are put in place by server administration because if they consulted with everyone effected the rules would be useless and wouldn't cover what they are supposed to.   Could you imagine if they implemented the crime-free areas by consulting with members of every illegal faction? There would be about four inches in front of every bank covered and nothing else. 

This sort of thing only works if the person creating it is impartial, which is clearly the case here.

3 minutes ago, Coach said:

Yes

You and I both know that this is a lie. I will eat my hat if you post roleplay screenshots that prove continuity of the helicopters being serviced every X amount of time and not being a one off thing. Actual, in depth roleplay at a place that can facilitate such work being done to a helicopter since I can't see serious work being done to an asset at a stand alone helipad which is where I see a lot of the deployments taking place from (bar a few exceptions).

What I have to say in response to this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, so if you want to talk about that more message me on Discord (Coach#1467). I'm happy to speak with you about forced alts and the pros/cons that come with it.

No.

Edited by Bomber Harris
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

You have a magical all-seeing aircraft. This is the "I win" button for 99% of pursuits. Of course you should have a TFO and not be given free reign to do whatever you wish. The game logic on realism I am applying is to the fairness aspect, which you provide 0 of if you are an unlockable achievement for the ground units like it is a game of Call of Duty.

So you think it's realistic for a car being pursued to drive 120mph through a city then? The fact is you are picking and choosing when the realism argument suits you. I'm not saying we should have free rein, I'm not even saying I disagree with what most of the original post said. I agree some of the things mentioned in it should and need to be addressed.

• Upvote 1

Speaking as a member of the command team in PD's ASD, what is frustrating to me is we were never approached about this. We had a couple offhand complaints here and there, but it was never brought to us as any more than "a few bad apples". So to get a message this morning linked to this MASSIVE MASSIVE change without being given the opportunity to make the change ourselves is pretty disappointing.

That's buff dung, fresh and stinky. Your air unit treats the helicopter like a Huey flying over Ho Chi Minh City during the Vietnam war, with ATC calls or realistic behaviour in the air being an afterthought. It won't be long before you add a M60 gunner as a designation in your unit. 

3 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

-snip-

I'm talking about us doing copy-paste roleplay and ATC messages, not anything you just said.

Also rolling-deployments aren't the majority of AIR deployments.

7 minutes ago, Phased said:

I don't know why you think the server administration should be consulting with LEO air units if the concern is how certain people in those units are acting.  There was never going to be a reality where they'd do things just as everyone in those units was happy, it has been the actions of people in those units that has led to a ruling being required.

It's always good to confront the problem head-on first by talking about it. It's also something that could've been addressed without rules. And of course LFM could (and in my opinion) has gotten this from the wrong and completely nonsensical approach.

1 minute ago, Phased said:

How do you think all of the other players felt when rules affecting them came out?  These rules are put in place by server administration because if they consulted with everyone effected the rules would be useless and wouldn't cover what they are supposed to.   Could you imagine if they implemented the crime-free areas by consulting with members of every illegal faction? There would be about four inches in front of every bank covered and nothing else. 

This sort of thing only works if the person creating it is impartial, which is clearly the case here.

Impartial, yes, but to be entirely deaf to a faction that consists of.. maybe 20 people? (Speaking of just PD here) In comparison to... well, if we're being honest, at least 200+ people that do active crime ranging from drug distribution to Crime Syndicate stuff? To put the cards on the table, not even the person IN CHARGE of ASD was notified of these new rules, or spoken to about their fairness/influence.

2 minutes ago, Bomber Harris said:

You and I both know that this is a lie. I will eat my hat if you post roleplay screenshots that prove continuity of the helicopters being serviced every X amount of time and not being a one off thing. Actual, in depth roleplay at a place that can facilitate such work being done to a helicopter since I can't see serious work being done to an asset at a stand alone helipad which is where I see a lot of the deployments taking place from (bar a few exceptions).

You can apply this argument to so much, do you provide in-depth roleplay cleaning your toilet?