Donate 20% of Withdrawn Bids to Charity

Detailed Description

When placing a bid on an online auction, you are agreeing to purchase the item for the amount you're bidding, should it be the highest at the end of the auction. Players are often "withdrawing" their bids at the last second without any further consequences, which is unrealistic and doesn't really function like that on auction websites.

In my experience with any other roleplay community, there have always been clear guidelines that are enforced, especially when it comes to auctions. One of these was having to give 20% of your bid to /charity, and post a screenshot of such on the auction when withdrawing. This can be monitored by support staff, and failing to do so should result in a warning, then being made unable to post in the marketplace sub-forum or administrative punishment.

Relevant Commands/Items

Advertisement Rules

How will it benefit the server?

This will ensure that anyone bidding online ensures they actually want to go ahead with the purchase, and if they end up changing their mind, can face the consequences. The server is also inflated with cash right now, meaning that players making such an error will put money into the void, slowly reducing the amount of money we have circulating around as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your point of view and it's valid. In real life auctions, you cannot withdraw the final bid, or you can, based on the auction rules. This would mean that a new set of rules would to be created.

It's a yes from me, I'd love to see more realistic auctions, especially if it can take place in game, with an auction room and different items - a business that will take care of your vehicles or properties are sold through an auction, and if the final bidder decides to withdraw, he would be penalized. On the other hand, it's very difficult to do that on forums, and you'd have to report players in case they don't want to do that. 

But overall, I'd love to see an auction system properly made - this would be different from Classifieds though, because there are market place sites just like craigslist.com that work just like that, and there's no punishment for that.

• 1 month later...

No because:

1) It isn't an actual auction and you aren't paying any expense for putting it there. There is no auctioneer or website getting a piece of your assets.

2) Bids are withdrawn for valid reasons. A person may not want to move there anymore. They may come to find out that the pictures that were taken were misleading. A myriad of reasons.

The housing market is already ridden with greed and people price gouging their properties don't need more money.