Claire-Voyance: Episode Two

unknown.png

(left to right: Shawna Amato, Claire Skye, Ella Hansen)

(Amato for Senator 22)

[LOADING PODCAST...]

[PRESS PLAY]

* The beginning of "Do You Believe In Magic?" plays softly as the podcast begins. It goes on for a moment, before it's lowered to background noise. ((Claire Skye))*
Claire Skye says: Welcome back to Claire-Voyance! Claire on the mic, hope you're having a good day.
Shawna Amato says: And beside Claire as always is me, Shawna Amato. Political candidate, activist, former cheerleader, and... college dropout.
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Claire Skye says: Dropout, more like "fuck this shit I'm out". 

* Shawna Amato chuckles
Shawna Amato says: We have a very, very special guest in the studio with us today. Would you be so kind as to introduce yourself? Tell us a little about you?

(A high pitched Texas accent bearing voice joins the two.)
Ella Hansen says: Thank you both for having me! As Claire said — I'm Ella Hansen. I own Black Rose Beauty Salon and Co Own E and E's Candles. 
Claire Skye says: Welcome to Claire-Voyance, the podcast where we talk about pretty much anything.
Claire Skye says: I'm aware you got a pretty big upgrade for your salon recently. Want to go through with me on how that went? I know it must've been complicated.
Shawna Amato says: And expensive.
Claire Skye says: Can't forget that.
Ella Hansen says: Oh boy. It was really complicated, yes. It was challenging to figure out how we were going to fit everything in there, I knew I /REALLY/ wanted to do a small sauna for the clients so that was a must. The renovations actually only took about a week. 
Ella Hansen says: I was involved in a lot of the process so I could make sure it got done promptly. 
Claire Skye says: Only a week? Wow...
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Shawna Amato says: Have you noticed an increase in your clientele after the renovations?
Ella Hansen says: Oh...yes. God. Last night when we opened was hectic to say the least. We still only have me and Sofia working but we're in the process of hiring more techs, we have two girls working at reception and honestly? We need to double that now to keep up.
Claire Skye says: I took a look myself the other day and I can confirm it was absolute chaos.
Ella Hansen says: Absolute chaos. We stayed open for way longer than expected trying to service everyone. We somehow managed. 
Shawna Amato says: We got a little ahead of ourselves, why don't you tell our listeners what all services you do offer?
Claire Skye says: Yes, that would help. 
Ella Hansen says: Sure, sure! So we do hair, nails, including pedicures, Waxing, Laser hair removal, eyelash extensions, facials, massages, spray tanning and we now have our sauna and yoga studio as additional services. 
Shawna Amato says: As a practiced Yogi myself I am glad to see the practice being more... embraced in Los Santos.

Ella Hansen says: Mhm! Sofia, the manager will be hosting them in classes of three. Really small, private and intimate sessions. 
Claire Skye says: Wow, that's a lot. How long have you been working in your line of business, to be able to offer all of those?
Ella Hansen says: So, I got licensed in cosmetology first when I was seventeen, after that i went on to get my license for esthetics, massage therapy and nails. 
Claire Skye says: Wow, you've been busy.
* Claire Skye chuckles.
* Ella Hansen says: Yes. I still take classes every now and then. In this industry things are ever changing, ya know? New techniques comin' out all the time. Ella Hansen chuckles, nodding.
Shawna Amato says: I got another subject I'd like to touch on if you don't mind, Ella. Are you a Los Santos native?
Ella Hansen says: I am not! I'm from Austin Texas.
Shawna Amato says: How long have you lived in our interesting City?
Ella Hansen says: Interesting is a good word to describe it. I moved here when I was Twenty One! 
Shawna Amato says: Well, I guess one question I'd like to ask is... between then and now does anything stand out to you as having drasticaly changed? What has improved? What has gotten worse?
Ella Hansen says: Do you mean just since I moved here and now? 
* Claire Skye hums thoughtfully at the question.
Shawna Amato says: Yeah, that was my main thrust of the question. In all of your years here in Los Santos, what stands out to you as what has changed the most. For better and worse.
Claire Skye says: Good one.
Ella Hansen says: I feel as if a lot has changed. When I first came here it seemed like the night scene was much more prevalent. Now it just seems dead to say the least. Few weeks ago Sofia and I were looking for a bar and we had to wait forever just for one to open. 
Ella Hansen says: I find myself bored a LOT now. 
Shawna Amato says: Preach girl...
Claire Skye says: I feel you there, dude.
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Claire Skye says: Businesses are boarding up because this place has like... Gotham levels of crime.
Ella Hansen says: That's another for sure, the crime. 
Shawna Amato says: That's another question I had... As a business owner, how do you see the current climate for business-owners?
Claire Skye says: Shawna's got all the questions tonight.
Shawna Amato says: Just practicing for the campaign.
* Shawna Amato chuckles.
Ella Hansen says: For me it's been good, especially at the salon. But some days at my candle shop if a bar or anything is open? Oh people will flock to that because they're sittin' around waiting for something like that to open. 
Shawna Amato says: What do you see as the... how do I word this...
Claire Skye says: Hm?
Shawna Amato says: Biggest barriers to those trying to start up a business? Or rejuvenate one?
Ella Hansen says: Finding reliable people. 
Ella Hansen says: I was VERY lucky to find Sofia. 
Claire Skye says: Hardly had to think about that answer.
* Claire Skye chuckles softly, but nods.
Shawna Amato says: From what I have heard from others is that there is a distinct... difficulty in gathering the initial capital.
Shawna Amato says: Real-estate is... yikes.
Claire Skye says: VERY yikes.
Ella Hansen says: I wish I could speak more on that but that hasn't been much issue for me personally. I'm glad it hasn't but I can for sure see how that is a barrier. 
Shawna Amato says: I'll give Claire the chance to grill you a little now.
Claire Skye says: I got something. So, Ella, your salon has become extremely popular- yet it's also become a hot spot for car jackings. Do you plan on doing anything to possibly deter them? I mean. Other than the cameras. Which they go in front of anyway. Idiots.
Ella Hansen says: I do actually have guards now! They sadly cancelled on me legit five minutes before opening last night, but I had three guards the first opening to monitor the inside and outside. I plan to keep doing that as long as I don't get cancelled on again.
Claire Skye says: Oh wow, nice. You've been having all kinds of upgrades.
Ella Hansen says: Ha yeah! Tryin' to make it as good of a experience as I can. 
Claire Skye says: But, to touch on your other business- E&E's. Only candle shop I've /ever/ seen in LS. How do you attract the denizens of this night life craving city to stop and smell the rose scented candles? What challenges have you had with such a specific shop?
Shawna Amato says: Those candles are lovely.
Ella Hansen says: So, when we first started this shop I vowed to make it not so generic. I think that's what draws people in, a lot of people come in for gifts and I try to stock things that can be personal to these gift receivers or just to the buyer like for—
Ella Hansen says: example, I had a guy come in for his wife he told me all about her nature lover, book lover, had a dog. We were able to find very personalized candles for her that weren't generic and had no thought put into it. I have like a selection of—
Ella Hansen says: classic book candles, based off of novels we all know like harry potter, secret garden, Dr. Dolittle, war and peace. Stuff like that. Anyways, point is.. I try to make the act of candle shopping fun and personal for everyone. I think we can all—
Ella Hansen says: agree that it's way funner finding things like that rather than a generic scented candle. 

Claire Skye says: I definitely have to agree with that.

* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Shawna Amato says: And I want to describe for out listeners just how much our guest's eyes lit up describing that.
* Shawna Amato leans over towards the mic.
Shawna Amato says: A LOT.
* Shawna Amato snickers.
* Ella Hansen cracks up, covering her mouth to muffle the laughter.
* Claire Skye laughs along, sighing happily.
Ella Hansen says: Hey! I'm passionate. 
Shawna Amato says: Oh, I am glad to see it too! Not many business owners are that passionate about their stock.
Claire Skye says: God I can imagine though. Man came in with no clue what to buy for his wife, described her, and you went "say no more".
* Shawna Amato chuckles.
Ella Hansen says: Pretty much! I had literally everything that fit into her hobbies. It's nice to have moments like that seriously. I had a guy come in because he liked the scent of chocolate and we found him a chocolate scented soap and the kids eye's just lit up.
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Shawna Amato says: .. he didn't eat the soap did he?
Claire Skye says: Oh gosh.
Ella Hansen says: He did not eat the soap. 
* Ella Hansen cackles.
* Shawna Amato chuckles along.
Ella Hansen says: He was just reeeeaally into chocolate scents. 
Claire Skye says: Oh thank god. That'd be an interesting first lawsuit.
Shawna Amato says: Well fortunately I don't think soap is /that/ toxic... Outside of high levels!
Ella Hansen says: But yeah, i really love helping people find those personalized items that they'd NEVER think that we carry. 
Claire Skye says: When's the Lizard Lovers candle coming out? Asking for my little pal Frank over there.
Ella Hansen says: You know what? I'll find something and stock it just for you. 
* Shawna Amato chuckles.
* Frankincense Skye blinks his beady little eyes over at the three. ((Claire Skye))*
* Claire Skye chuckles along with a big smile.
Claire Skye says: Awesome, thank you.
Shawna Amato says: Got any other big subjects you'd like to tackle, Claire?
* Ella Hansen looks over at Claire.
Shawna Amato says: Well, dear listeners it's come to one of my favorite segments of the show.
Shawna Amato says: I like to... 'turn the tables' on our guest. And have them ask US any questions they might have, or anything they'd like to disucss with /us'.
Claire Skye says: Absolutely, ask away.
Ella Hansen says: Oh! Yeah, I do have a question about your set up actually! I was wondering if you had any plans to expand and maybe get a studio or office space to more effectively conduct these interviews and such in? Do you think that would be beneficial or—
Ella Hansen says: do you prefer to work out of your home for this for that more personal feel?
Shawna Amato says: That is totally Claire's wheelhouse, so I'll defer.
* Shawna Amato snickers.
* Ella Hansen looks over at Claire with a smile.
Claire Skye says: At the moment we're not really looking into getting an actual studio. Maybe if this series takes off, then yeah, I'd be willing to invest in an office space. Until then? I'm completely fine doing it here. It shows I trust the guest to let them in.
* Claire Skye chuckles softly.
Ella Hansen says: How did this start up anyways? I love the idea, haven't seen many podcasts around for some reason, and how was Shawna introduced as a part of this? 
Shawna Amato says: It was an epic evening... over slushies.
* Claire Skye laughs, nodding, going into it all.
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Claire Skye says: Okay, the original idea for the podcast came from my friend Kai, who was on the first episode. But yeah, Shawna and I were having slushies and talking about what I was gonna do since my career as a staffer came to a screeching halt. I brought up -
Claire Skye says: a podcast as an idea of what to do next and she immediately jumped on that like, "okay, yeah, what's the name gonna be what would you talk about," and just overall hyping me up about it even more than I already was.
Claire Skye says: She had so many ideas about it, and was so excited that I had to ask her to become my co-host
Claire Skye says: She's actually the one who came up with the name Claire-Voyance.
Ella Hansen says: Aw, that's really sweet. I love what y'all are doing and I hope you two keep it up and continue to get more amazing people on here, like myself — ya know?
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
* Claire Skye laughs along.
Claire Skye says: Thank you so much.
Shawna Amato says: That is... out idea. We want to talk to anyone who will talk to us so we can get as many... views? On the city and the culture of the city as we can.
Ella Hansen says: I know I've talked y'all's heads off this evening, so unless there's anything else I think that's all i wanted to ask about. 
Claire Skye says: I gave you a microphone for a reason, Ella, your talking was more than welcomed.
Shawna Amato says: For example... And I'll use this because as I have said on the show before I am proudly part of the LGBTQ+ community. That there is a... rather large concentration of bigotry within the City's Culture.
* Ella Hansen nods at Shawna with a frown.
Claire Skye says: To repeat a statement said prior: both of the hosts are LGBTQ+. If that offends you, you are not our target audience.
Ella Hansen says: That's unfortunate, but expected. I can't do much, but I at least try to keep those kinds of people out of my businesses and protect those that are apart of that community. 
Claire Skye says: Not much else one can do. It's appreciated.
Claire Skye says: Well, I think that's about it for us.
* Ella Hansen nods.
Ella Hansen says: Thank you both for havin' me! You're both wonderful hosts and you're gonna take this far.
Shawna Amato says: Before we go... Can you plug each of your businesses one more time?
Claire Skye says: Absolutely. We gotta get those endorsements in.
Shawna Amato says: Exactly, Claire-Voyance officially endorses the following...
* Shawna Amato snickers.
Ella Hansen says: Oh sure! Black Rose Beauty Salon you can find us on facebrowser as well as E and E's Candles where we do online orders as well, heh. 
* Ella Hansen chuckles.
Claire Skye says: Well there you have it. Thank you so much for joining us again, Ella. And thank you, listeners, for listening in. Apologies for the wait- our schedule was a little messed up. We'll return to frequent posting.

• Upvote 4