Civilian RP in South Central

Lurleen

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

theres no way to do simple civilian legal rp in south central. all gangbangers will come upon you and strip you off everything you got multiple times per day

no they won’t, educate yourself with the last 3 blocks of text me and @lil casamigo and countless other people wrote. The hostility in Davis exists but the extent of it is a pure myth and not as bad as people make it out fo be. 

there are some civilian characters within south-central right now and they never run into any problems because they have shown face more than once and they have actually done stuff for the community in character and people know not to fuck with them. But if you will go ahead and walk around in south-central Los Angeles in various neighborhoods you have no clue about, you were going to get press in real life and depending on the way you respond you might just get robbed. You have to come correct when you were in gang infested areas and actually roleplay fear properly and actually roleplay trying to talk yourself out of the situation . There are people in rolling 20 bloods turf and rolling 90s Crip turf that live inside of the complex and walk in and out scot-free because we know that they are residents and we know that they are here to provide quality civilian role-play for the people of south-central. Random people are going to get pressed, we can’t magically know that you were role-playing your character being well-known in the area or some stupid shit like that. 

And I would also highly appreciate it if you people stop saying “gangbangers”. Most of these poor quality roleplayers you run into her not even with infections and they are just brought in from other applications like FiveM in Harbor over to the black communities roleplay because that is what they are most used to coming from othrr Servers and I would also highly appreciate it if you people stop saying “gang bangers“. Most of these poor quality roleplayers you run into or not even with infections and they are just brought in from other applications like FiveM  and migrate over to the black communities roleplay because that is what they are most used to coming from other servers. Not every black role player is in a faction and not every black roleplayers within the black car community or the south central community

like I have said various other times I highly suggest if you go ahead and try to make a change in south-central along with the rest of us that are always trying to make the community a better place. Maybe just make a civilian character and see where it gets you this time who knows you might have some fun. 

Sorry for any mistakes in the writing I’m using Google text to speech, have a blessed rest of your day or night 

Edited by ZaE

Just use common sense when roleplaying with residents of South Central. If you are going to treat them with respect you will get the same respect back. But if you are a weirdo wearing cat ears and you give people attitude for no reason when they approach you then you'll get robbed, simple as that.

I own a business there and we didn't have a single shoplifter or fight in past 3 months. I also interact with almost every faction there and I haven't been robbed in the past year. Instead of exaggerating and complaining try to bring some change in South Central by creating businesses that fit the area and enhance overall community vibe for example. All these lies about how gangbangers don't allow anyone else to roleplay in the area do not help with shit.

And yes, there are some bad apples but they usually get weeded out quickly because none of the factions want to roleplay with them. 

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, sCrax said:

nstead of exaggerating and complaining try to bring some change in South Central by creating businesses that fit the area and enhance overall community vibe for example. All these lies about how gangbangers don't allow anyone else to roleplay in the area do not help with shit.

‼️🗣

I hate the fact so many of you over exaggerate how bad SC is, in reality it's not bad. I have yet to be robbed, ICly my character fucks with a lot of people and rarely runs into issues for the most part, because aslong as you mind your business n go about your day you'll be fine. It's the same anywhere, if you go somewhere looking for trouble, you'll find it. If you do you and just move on about your day, you won't be checked like that unless you wear certain sports brands in certain neighborhoods. 

The fact most of the people exaggerating the hostility about SC aren't even RPing in SC, and are RPing Valley Girl/Boys or countryside characters says a lot.

When subpar criminal roleplay began negatively impacting community health to the point that it was even putting the overall ingame economy at risk of shutting down, I was pretty vocal about it. All too often one or more sections of my daily routine in Los Santos consisted of being stopped by a group of muggers, being forced into a vehicle, swept off to some off the maps middle of nowhere, strip searched for my vast wealth of nothing, and then beat down to unconsciousness so that I couldn't snitch. Things were bad. Real bad. Bad enough that the rules were changed.

Now we're at the forefront of a new crime of meta, with people shooting cops for noticing a broken blinker or issuing a traffic citation. You'd better believe I'm going to be vocally against that too.

But you know what I'm not against? You know what hasn't been bad? South Central.

A month or so ago, my character Trey moved there with explicitly zero awareness of gang behavior and terminology. Blind in the ways of who to look out for or what their slang meant, she's worked a steady job at the Davis LTD, jogged the streets, and spent some time at the halfpipe...

...all done completely unbothered by excessive criminal activity. 

Sure, she started work one day to find spent casings in front of the register counter, and every now and then she'll hear gunshots in the distance, but nobody's kidnapped her or even so much as threatened her. The closest anyone has managed so far, was a warning that the last cashier at the Davis LTD had been shot, which explained the casings.

This experience has been much the same for my lawyer character.

The people there are cordial if you are. I'd need to study it more to understand for sure exactly what conditions lead to escalation in attitude, but for now? ...I can hopefully provide some reassurance that south central is an okay place to roleplay.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I started a character just the other day as a humble garbage man working to earn a living for himself. My first interaction was obviously with a group of faction members who asked me if I bang. I told them no and that I’m just working the area to clean it up and they said something along the lines of “keep working hard” and went on their way. They went right to pressing this county dude in overalls who was clearly there to cause trouble, then stole his motorcycle and left him to walk 🤣 it was a pretty cool first encounter. 

I won’t lie, I was one of those people who thought negatively about SC but it doesn’t seem nearly as bad as people make it seem. This is my first character there and I’ve met some pretty interesting people already. Looking forward to seeing what happens. 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

A lot of people tend to over exaggerate about South Central about “getting robbed everyday” and what not but really its just common sense and educating yourself

If your civilian character is from Rancho/Jamestown for example don’t think you’ll walk through Chamberlain or any other hoods without someone checking you being in South Central a civilian that have nothing to do with gangs would know where to go and which areas to avoid(varying on which part of SC they are from)

There’s many videos that even tell you what hats to AVOID wearing in South Central and what those sport’s logo represent for example: 

If you're gonna roleplay a civilian in South Central have the assets and type of character that would fit in that environment. Bringing Valleygirl Vicky into South Central wouldn't make sense

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic