Civilian RP in South Central

Lurleen

I think South Central in general needs more businesses or more ACTIVE businesses... as in more food shops, barbershops/hair salons, small ratchet ass night/strip clubs. Tattoo parlors? (that people actually RP in) and even more active stores/247s in every area, so you don't have every gang going to Davis LTD all the time to DM each other.

Not saying this will fix it, but I think it's an easy improvement that everyone can agree on.

• Upvote 1

A problem with a lot of the businesses is that this server shoves success at you. If you have any sort of imagination and a drive to make a functioning business, you will have to consistently shoot yourself in the foot to not make it out the hood.

On the other hand, all my SC civilian characters have had near to zero trouble other than having had to run away from some Blood youths that were messing around once and another character getting killed because he ultimately got too involved with a gang and was an innocent casualty to it. If you go about your own life as a normal civilian in SC you will be just fine.

I owned a restaurant in Davis for 3 entire months, which was opened at least 3 hours-8 hours a day, depending on the day. Only had extortion attempt on it, once, which lead to a gang tearing apart the place. A brawl? Once. A shooting? Once.

Sure, we were a D.T.O., but most of the people weren't aware of that. Many thought that my char was just a chef. Yet, he rarely got targeted. In fact, he was targeted, more, in Vinewood and Mission Row than in South-Central.

The key is to understand the code of streets and have "street smarts" to survive, and it isn't that hard once you understand the basics.

It isn't as bad as people make it to be.

Edited by DLimit
22 hours ago, iGrime said:

I think South Central in general needs more businesses or more ACTIVE businesses... as in more food shops, barbershops/hair salons, small ratchet ass night/strip clubs. Tattoo parlors? (that people actually RP in) and even more active stores/247s in every area, so you don't have every gang going to Davis LTD all the time to DM each other.

Not saying this will fix it, but I think it's an easy improvement that everyone can agree on.

Definitely echoing this.

I think the main issue is that, at least in my opinion, it's a lot easier for people to roleplay an up and coming gang member in South Central than it is to be a civilian or a "Square". This more is due to the fact that when people want to roleplay in these areas, any real research you'd find on a roleplay server is acclimated towards being a gang member or an addict more than it is just someone who lives there. For me as a POC, rping a civilian in this area is easy because I've lived it so it's just navigating on experience which obviously a large majority of people on a roleplay server are just going to not have and a big problem is unless there's like a discord or a group of people actively distributing how portray a character in that area, or any area for that matter, people will just do what they think is right. Sometimes it's actually right, and other times it's 100% fictional. 

I don't really think South Central is as bad as people make it out to be and as a civilian, if you live in that area, the violence will affect you sure, but you'll kind of become numb to it and in fact, violence SHOULD be a talking point if you are a civilian. Does it make you scared so that you try to get to know the right people to stay protected? Are you a older person so you want to become an activist and speak out about the violence? Pressure the City and the State to create better measures instead of just only the Police sending more cops. Churches are a big part of communities along with things like after school programs and Boys & Girls clubs. 

Obviously there are things that happen in the various hoods of America that can't be replicated on the server because it's difficult to keep the interest however to only blame gangs/illegal roleplayers for a lack of criminal roleplay in South  LS is a bit much. I've always said that the Davis area needs someone to take on the figure of a community leader who'll actually reach out to high level figures in the legal community and try to foster a political relation. Same thing with that same person trying to talk to the gangs to squash needless violence, it's completely possible for the violence to be dampened down but people expect it to be Law Enforcement to be the only curb to these things when in reality it's usually the communities. 

https://youtu.be/0nUMi622nAI?t=162

On 3/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

If you play too civilian you're treated as nothing more than an NPC that's there for criminal RP, it's really not fun to be the butt of a joke and a constant victim for players who are only here to play in to their cool guy fantasy.

I normally exclusively play addicts because I feel the drug economy needs more full-time addicts and I know illegal RP'ers appreciate decent addict RP'ers but this shit can be so HARD when criminal characters can't leave people alone for a second.

The first proper day after setting up my addict character I was robbed at gunpoint in one of the most ratty and notorious addict motels in Los Santos for nothing more than 100 dollars, the very next night I was robbed again by a completely different group that turned out to be a high-level criminal syndicate which demanded extortion money for staying in this once again known motel known for housing the poor and addicted. It's not great.

I know criminals need to criminal but they'd get a lot more from their experience if they didn't keep pulling the whole who killed Hannibal meme on civilian RP.

Meme up.

highly doubt that every experience you've had has went that way. It should be common sense that some areas are harder than others. Not every gang is out to get money, some of them form for protection of each other. Outsiders are treated like such. You shouldn't expect to walk through Rancho or Chamberlain untouched or unquestioned, but places like Carson or Grove are more well receptive to civilians. in addition, every gang or faction has a different response.

For example. A R90s (Rollin 90s NHC) affiliate was recently DP'd (disciplined) for posting a photo of themself on FaceBrowser standing over a homeless addict. 

But a gang in Rancho or Chamberlain may threaten to rob or stab a civilian just because they aren't received as family.

A homeless man might get offered a job by a more wealthy member of the community.

These characters aren't acting outside of any book of rules. You have to remember that it is an area full of youth. They'll take a chance to go viral even if it means packing out an addict on video. You can in fact get treated like an enemy just for the fun of it. Or even some money that you planned on using for drugs.

I'll also state that our community can see through the fake. So if John Akssleroestov from Vinewood or Rockford comes to SC and tries to get in the mix of the community, 10/10 they won't get any support or reception. Having a civilian in the community takes trial and error to recognize which areas you shouldn't be going through with a smile on your face. Our community has characters that have existed for months to years. It isn't a CK or rob fest as many think. So if you'd like to make a character I wouldn't recommend trying to hotshot your way into relevancy. We appreciate uniqueness and growth. 

Characters with dreams to open businesses or dreams to be successful and doing it through roleplay are far more rewarding than spawning in and expecting to be stainless or on top of the world. We need more hangout spots, but what we don't need is more phonies. Organic players are well received rather than 1 to 2 week characters. So take your time and grow. There are community roleplayers now that aren't targeted for robbery or crime because they've been through it all and are now respected.

A majority of those seeds in the community have more than likely, been banned or received some form of admin punishment. Which is why things like our community discord exist now (By the way if you have joined recently we're still working on giving roles). Toxic people get banned. We're always making adjustments. I'll reattach that link below again.

------

Being one of the few business owners in the area. There is an issue with a lack of workers. So if you want to grow in the civilian scene, feel free to reach out by any means. We have clubs, diners and salons, but it gets exhausting running them on your own. Even though the turnouts are usually great.

Be the change. AGAIN, please feel free to post on the community thread below. There are no screenshot checks or anything its free for your use. And join the discord and give your thoughts. https://discord.gg/uNB563Mk

3 hours ago, lil casamigo said:

Meme up.

highly doubt that every experience you've had has went that way. It should be common sense that some areas are harder than others. Not every gang is out to get money, some of them form for protection of each other. Outsiders are treated like such. You shouldn't expect to walk through Rancho or Chamberlain untouched or unquestioned, but places like Carson or Grove are more well receptive to civilians. in addition, every gang or faction has a different response.

For example. A R90s (Rollin 90s NHC) affiliate was recently DP'd (disciplined) for posting a photo of themself on FaceBrowser standing over a homeless addict. 

But a gang in Rancho or Chamberlain may threaten to rob or stab a civilian just because they aren't received as family.

A homeless man might get offered a job by a more wealthy member of the community.

These characters aren't acting outside of any book of rules. You have to remember that it is an area full of youth. They'll take a chance to go viral even if it means packing out an addict on video. You can in fact get treated like an enemy just for the fun of it. Or even some money that you planned on using for drugs.

I'll also state that our community can see through the fake. So if John Akssleroestov from Vinewood or Rockford comes to SC and tries to get in the mix of the community, 10/10 they won't get any support or reception. Having a civilian in the community takes trial and error to recognize which areas you shouldn't be going through with a smile on your face. Our community has characters that have existed for months to years. It isn't a CK or rob fest as many think. So if you'd like to make a character I wouldn't recommend trying to hotshot your way into relevancy. We appreciate uniqueness and growth. 

Characters with dreams to open businesses or dreams to be successful and doing it through roleplay are far more rewarding than spawning in and expecting to be stainless or on top of the world. We need more hangout spots, but what we don't need is more phonies. Organic players are well received rather than 1 to 2 week characters. So take your time and grow. There are community roleplayers now that aren't targeted for robbery or crime because they've been through it all and are now respected.

A majority of those seeds in the community have more than likely, been banned or received some form of admin punishment. Which is why things like our community discord exist now (By the way if you have joined recently we're still working on giving roles). Toxic people get banned. We're always making adjustments. I'll reattach that link below again.

------

Being one of the few business owners in the area. There is an issue with a lack of workers. So if you want to grow in the civilian scene, feel free to reach out by any means. We have clubs, diners and salons, but it gets exhausting running them on your own. Even though the turnouts are usually great.

Be the change. AGAIN, please feel free to post on the community thread below. There are no screenshot checks or anything its free for your use. And join the discord and give your thoughts. https://discord.gg/uNB563Mk

this nigga never spit more facts

On 3/19/2022 at 3:41 AM, Engelbert said:

I personally think, that this stigma south central bears is unjustified to an extent. While based on true events, like every myth. The amount of muggings and violence on civilians in south central is a myth infact. The rates are lower, I bike around SC on my character, I hang out around LTD there and all I seen are gangs beefing with each other. Yes gunshots ring more often there, but majority of conflicts are among gangs themselves. Ofc rest lies in common sense.

You don't wear common gang colors as non affiliated teen there, but this will happen to you in LA even irl if you walk into wrong street with a red hat.

And least but not last, from what I seen robberies in SC are usually part of rival gang mockery. 

Bro, people like you I love because you really decided to come and rp in SC and give it a try and now you know that it’s nothing like people say it actually is, it’s literally like real life don’t wear the wrong shit you won’t get banged on, but you will probably get banged on being a teen in the hood, or being 18-25 you probably would too, but I thank you for giving SC rp a chance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic