Civilian RP in South Central

Lurleen

1 minute ago, ZaE said:

it honestly makes me so happy to see even folk like u realizing this after sooooo many months of thinking u guys hated gang rp, good fucking shit engelbert

Well I don't really hate gang rp, I mostly dislike random looking robberies, but what I said I mean it. Compared to other parts of the city SC has lower amount of civilian related robberies and violence in general. People just need to use common sense. Irl you don't wander to slums openly wearing 100k watch or something like that. Even gangbangers don't wear such stuff 24/7, you see it on their hand cause they flash the bling in a club or something. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I personally think, that this stigma south central bears is unjustified to an extent. [...] robberies in SC are usually part of rival gang mockery. 

There is clearly a perception problem there, yeah. Quite a fair few people believe that if they apply for a business in South Central, then they'll get robbed or get stuck in fight/shooting RP every single time they open. Now sure there's a lot more violent RP around this area, it makes perfect sense. But like you said, it's similar to many other problems: it's probably vastly overstated and overexaggerated, compared to actual reality. 

If there's people around who have or had small shops and stuff like that, running in South Central, they could probably help fix that perception I imagine? Thinking of some cool stuff like streetwise drip and all.

If you play too civilian you're treated as nothing more than an NPC that's there for criminal RP, it's really not fun to be the butt of a joke and a constant victim for players who are only here to play in to their cool guy fantasy.

I normally exclusively play addicts because I feel the drug economy needs more full-time addicts and I know illegal RP'ers appreciate decent addict RP'ers but this shit can be so HARD when criminal characters can't leave people alone for a second.

The first proper day after setting up my addict character I was robbed at gunpoint in one of the most ratty and notorious addict motels in Los Santos for nothing more than 100 dollars, the very next night I was robbed again by a completely different group that turned out to be a high-level criminal syndicate which demanded extortion money for staying in this once again known motel known for housing the poor and addicted. It's not great.

I know criminals need to criminal but they'd get a lot more from their experience if they didn't keep pulling the whole who killed Hannibal meme on civilian RP.

HHSDMYS.png

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1
48 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

There is clearly a perception problem there, yeah. Quite a fair few people believe that if they apply for a business in South Central, then they'll get robbed or get stuck in fight/shooting RP every single time they open. Now sure there's a lot more violent RP around this area, it makes perfect sense. But like you said, it's similar to many other problems: it's probably vastly overstated and overexaggerated, compared to actual reality. 

If there's people around who have or had small shops and stuff like that, running in South Central, they could probably help fix that perception I imagine? Thinking of some cool stuff like streetwise drip and all.

Well getting stuck in troubles or shooting, can and usually happens all around the city, some events end up in report section and some don't. It's something you have to accept, when living in a city with more criminals than civ characters. Not saying it;s that bad, but running into a crime has roughly 70% chance compared to reality simply because in 10 million city is it easier not to. I personally been to few shootouts in SC as a civilian. Not one time they decided to turn the gun against me. But stand in front of any club downtown for a while and somebody will pull you in an event where you'll end up as victim. I never harbored any ill feelings against gangs you know, what I always disliked are random criminals, randomly deciding to target random civilians. Yes gangs sometimes do it, but not as often as random criminals driving a stolen car for a random robbery.

Edited by Engelbert

Honestly if you dont mind being pressed and robbed three times a day you can probably give it a shot. Sadly the area is filled with too much illegal activities constantly. Would make a big difference if everyone would try doing some passive civilian roleplay in the area and put guns and killings on the side for two minutes.

2 hours ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

If you play too civilian you're treated as nothing more than an NPC that's there for criminal RP, it's really not fun to be the butt of a joke and a constant victim for players who are only here to play in to their cool guy fantasy.

I normally exclusively play addicts because I feel the drug economy needs more full-time addicts and I know illegal RP'ers appreciate decent addict RP'ers but this shit can be so HARD when criminal characters can't leave people alone for a second.

The first proper day after setting up my addict character I was robbed at gunpoint in one of the most ratty and notorious addict motels in Los Santos for nothing more than 100 dollars, the very next night I was robbed again by a completely different group that turned out to be a high-level criminal syndicate which demanded extortion money for staying in this once again known motel known for housing the poor and addicted. It's not great.

I know criminals need to criminal but they'd get a lot more from their experience if they didn't keep pulling the whole who killed Hannibal meme on civilian RP.

HHSDMYS.png

Bro you have some guts to share a meme with knowing that you will get reported

Many people roleplay civilians in South Los, just needs to be more local businesses and such but I see a growing number of non-gang-members roleplaying around South Los which is nice to see.. However I feel like the definition of "civ" rp is looked at differently by a lot of different people, roleplaying a civilian in Davis/Rancho is way different than a civilian who lives in Mirror Park or wherever, they are a lot more accustomed to the gangbanging culture.

Ive seen many people show up and try to roleplay civilians without actually doing their research on what they are trying to roleplay, their characters often just come across as trolls or a parody. Civilian roleplay in those areas rely a lot on the factions within the area, if you are going to open a business, its your main customer, if you are going to RP a junkie, they are likely your main supplier. If you come to Davis and RP with the wrong groups it can seem bad, but likewise if you come and your RP is more trollish a lot of these gang factions won't want to roleplay with you as much.

The robberies haven't felt that bad in actual south LS. The pressing is doable. Some people are kinda extra about it to a ridiculous degree, but everything in-game is extra.

My problem with my attempts at civilian RP in south LS was the violence. Do I RP that I just tripped over 4 dead bodies on my way to the store again or what? Social passive RP kept being interrupted by blockwipe attempts, and while I get that the violence is a big draw of RP, I just don't know how to RP my around it and react in a realistic way after the 20th murder that week. Do I just ignore it and mentally edit it to a more reasonable number of murders per week? Do I ignore the fact that 4 people were murdered on the stoop last night when I go sit on it the next day? I don't know.

• Wuhtah locked this topic