Civilian RP in South Central

Lurleen

2 hours ago, ZaE said:

1) The good roleplayers avoid police, infact, MOST roleplayers avoid police because whether we (LEOs) wanna admit it or not, we can be pretty toxic and have dis-taste towards certain types of roleplay. More careful and creative, and talented gang roleplayers make smart characters that don't throw away their lives over the smallest things and they overall keep themselves on a leash to avoid having to go to the TTCF, because at the end of the day...nobody wants to roleplay in TTCF unless there is an event, and even though those happen, it isn't  as much fun as TTCF really use to be. However, the bad roleplayers and trolls all go to random spots (along with some good roleplayers who have thankfully claimed these areas) in South Central like the clothing store or the Davis LTD and they cause scenes and do stupid ass shit. The police deal with and see a lot more of these bad roleplayers because they do not care for the server, they are trolling or just brand new.

I agree with 95% of this, but I have to say... a good RPer can both be able to roleplay a "smart" criminal and a "stupid" criminal, properly. A GOOD RPer can be one that doesn't avoid police, effectively, but doesn't use their stupidity for a Play-to-Win advantage or anything. The same stupid criminal should RP fear, properly, as stupid criminals shake up when outnumbered or at loss. 

Pretty much, good RPers can be stupid criminals, but it has to be portrayed, properly.

Like, if a char's making a scene (getting into petty fights, shouting, bringing heat to the block etc...) but you low-key have top-dawgs pressing him, while he's outnumbered, and he fears for his life? More realistic than being Rambo. Good to make a stupid character that lasts longer than a throw-away.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Pretty much, good RPers can be stupid criminals, but it has to be portrayed, properly.

Like, if a char's making a scene (getting into petty fights, shouting, bringing heat to the block etc...) but you low-key have top-dawgs pressing him, while he's outnumbered, and he fears for his life? More realistic than being Rambo. 

very true, but nobody does it because rping with cops as an illegal character is god awful and they just throw every charge in the book at u, ttcf is not as fun and character developing as it is for some people to others and nobody wants to deal with that shit because its more of an OOC punishment if anything., most good rpers start off with dumb and reckless characters but play it smart when it comes to police.

the same way legal rpers avoid gang repers and minor characters, we avoid you.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

You raise a lot of good points, but I'm gonna say "Cap" 😉

#TTCFGang #TTCF4Lyfe

its fun for white characters and mexican characters, black niggas is only deep once in a blue moon and it would just be getting cked speedrun if you rp in there with the rest of the pod. and there are rarely any cops in TTCF besides when random events are thrown, and there are reasons behind that but i will not disclose those

19 minutes ago, ZaE said:

its fun for white characters and mexican characters, black niggas is only deep once in a blue moon and it would just be getting cked speedrun if you rp in there with the rest of the pod. and there are rarely any cops in TTCF besides when random events are thrown, and there are reasons behind that but i will not disclose those

It's up to the other cars to make it active, then. Same with the Custodial Workers.

However, I won't derail this thread, anymore.

#MakeSouthCentralGreatAgain
#MakeTTCFGreatAgain

Trust me, my friend. Civilian RP is mission impossible here in South Central as long as RPQM teams are still prejudiced against us and not willing to consider new character development ideas. Anything odd shows up they instantly view it as an unrealistic portrayal you can give it a go, though.

From my expience here's what it is gonna be, you wanna go dating and hang out with your girl in an alley? There goes sexual roleplay. Wanna sell fruits on your truck? Trolling. Wanna do something new? Poor portrayal. It ain't never going to work so just be an ordinary boring gangbanger that's as far as you can do. 

South Central isn't only just a battlefield but also a whole community out there they just don't get it kmt....

• Upvote 1

I use to sell tacos out of a van. Wasn't trollish and zero issues with RPQM.

I owned a Roma/"Gypsy" tarot card/Psychic shop in Rancho. Zero issues with RPQM.

I even owned a voodoo shop on another old psychic character back in 2019. Zero issues with RPQM.

I was a pastor in the Strawberry Church a year ago. Zero issues with RPQM.

You'll be fine. The issue isn't usually with the ideas/concepts, it's the portrayal of these ideas/concepts.

Edited by DLimit
6 hours ago, ZaE said:

The problem with South Central;

Okay so after roleplaying as a Deputy for the last 2 weeks straight, I have begun to finally get the glimpse of the other side of the server that I didn't quite have before and I can comfortably say after soooo many conversations with my fellow deputies and illegal roleplay homies, I've finally come to a pretty easy conclusion about why South Central seems so much noobier then it actually is.

1) The good roleplayers avoid police, infact, MOST roleplayers avoid police because whether we (LEOs) wanna admit it or not, we can be pretty toxic and have dis-taste towards certain types of roleplay. More careful and creative, and talented gang roleplayers make smart characters that don't throw away their lives over the smallest things and they overall keep themselves on a leash to avoid having to go to the TTCF, because at the end of the day...nobody wants to roleplay in TTCF unless there is an event, and even though those happen, it isn't  as much fun as TTCF really use to be. However, the bad roleplayers and trolls all go to random spots (along with some good roleplayers who have thankfully claimed these areas) in South Central like the clothing store or the Davis LTD and they cause scenes and do stupid ass shit. The police deal with and see a lot more of these bad roleplayers because they do not care for the server, they are trolling or just brand new.

And this starts an issue, police cannot seem to separate who is a bad roleplayer and who is not, unless they've gotten some sense of gang/illegal rp. And though I will say through-out my time so far in LSSD, they got it on lock with who is trolling, who is bad and who is not, LSPD in my honest opinion hasn't cracked down on it at all, they treat everyone like they are a rule breaking noob, throw up a forum report in nine seconds after you lag and disconnect, or cry when you make a decision your character has never made out of fear, rage, anger, etc. all because that decision (example; shooting, running, punching) is something noobs do on a day to day basis.

2) Another issue is these Illegal V. Legal topics that get created on a day to day basis, where people whine and cry all the time about how bad South Central roleplay is but don't offer a damn thing to fix it. If you wanna complain about something, then find a way to FIX it too. Don't be the guy that's shitting on everything in the world but not welcoming up any solution to the problem. At some point legal roleplayers and illegal roleplayers are going to have to shake hands and realize that not everyone on both side is bad, and this goes for ILLEGAL AND LEGAL roleplayers, we are constantly shitting on each other for no reason and constantly going in GTA:W's toxic ass #general to say "average davis rp, god, fucking minor rpers, wahh wahh" and all this other shit. Instead of crying about how everything is so bad? Do the right thing and REPORT these bad roleplayers you see instead of making topics and starting wars in the GTA:W general.

3) And the bullet-in we've all been waiting for, TOXICITIY AND DRAMA. Is by far the biggest problem on GTA:W, when it comes to wars between gangs or any form of violent retaliation it almost always ends up in a forum or in-game report if you don't know the leadership of the faction you're beefing well enough, people cannot seem to keep IC politics out of OOC politics and realize that not everything is a personal attack to them OOC, not everything is an attempt to cripple their ego and what-not. Things like DM Videos are perfectly fine and it's apart of the culture, you just laugh at it and keep it rolling at the end of the day, and ive been there at that level of toxicity, trust and believe. but at some point i realized we are all grown ass adults arguing over GTA:W. There is no reason to get all internet gangster an what not when all of us are just as much of a loser as the rest, at the end of the day we're all roleplaying murderers, drug dealers, sexually addicted cat ear wearing niggas on a GTA:V modification.

4) More stricter punishments  need to get handed out to rule breakers. There is not a single ban on GTA:W that is permeant and can always be appealed, but when do we say enough is enough, too much is too much? 

5) The toxicity and war between legals and illegal draws people away, we need to team up as a COMMUNITY and make South Central better then what it is. I've given insight to people like @phantom_ in LSSD who thought gang RP was literally just world war three and opened his eyes to so much, and I've talked to so many people in the department and really gave them a new look at how GANG RP  is. If you just sit down and talk to these people like adults? We can finally put the nail in the coffin. 

At the end of the day;

If you wanna make a civilian character in South Central, PLEASE PLESAE PLEASE do it. There are so many dope ass characters that have existed across the years and really brought life to South Central like some of @Koko's and one character Abegunde something that works at the LTD, and there's so many businesses slowly opening like Streetwise Drip, Bishops Chicken, the list goes on and on. You are going to get robbed, you are going to get shot, and if they are poor robberies then REPORT THEM TO STAFF (punishments should also be more stricter on the server, i might add). We need more civilians with creative ideas and please don't let a couple of noobs and just starting roleplayers, and trolls or whatever push you away, either be the change or don't speak on the change.

Prime example is the IFM team and @honey.. Who I cannot praise enough. Instead of engaging in these topics and arguing and defending gang / illegal RP, these folk have started to really make a change and crack down on the poor roleplay that plagues the server, even despite some of these admins on the team being mobs, gangs, LEOs, whatever. 

BE THE CHANGE, OR DONT SPEAK ON CHANGE.

WE NEED MORE CIV RP, corner opening up, more food places opening up, ETC, it would be so much fun to rp going to the store, going to get food, and many other things to increase roleplay for BOTH sides of gtaW from Legal to Illegal, the problem is people think that being robbed by a 16 year old is unrealistic and then they get to crying about how 16 year olds ride around saying “what’s up cuh where you from” which is entirely realistic, but I don’t understand why people complain about it and bash it, especially in the gtaW discord general chat I’ve seen it with my own eyes with how much they bash SC gang rp, but when gang RPers respond, they get kicked or banned from the discord for “bashing” and the people who literally log onto discord everyday to bash Gang RP get to stay inside the discord and talk as much shit as they want while some admins sit there and laugh at it encouraging it, but I just hope some Legal RPers can open their ears and stop bashing Gang RPers and role play with them and open their eyes to how beautiful gang RP can become as long as we get the help SC in general is getting the house thanks to @honey. I applaud her for her continues hard work to better SC and the Gang RP in SC. 

21 minutes ago, Morte666 said:

WE NEED MORE CIV RP, corner opening up, more food places opening up, ETC, it would be so much fun to rp going to the store, going to get food, and many other things to increase roleplay for BOTH sides of gtaW from Legal to Illegal, the problem is people think that being robbed by a 16 year old is unrealistic and then they get to crying about how 16 year olds ride around saying “what’s up cuh where you from” which is entirely realistic, but I don’t understand why people complain about it and bash it, especially in the gtaW discord general chat I’ve seen it with my own eyes with how much they bash SC gang rp, but when gang RPers respond, they get kicked or banned from the discord for “bashing” and the people who literally log onto discord everyday to bash Gang RP get to stay inside the discord and talk as much shit as they want while some admins sit there and laugh at it encouraging it, but I just hope some Legal RPers can open their ears and stop bashing Gang RPers and role play with them and open their eyes to how beautiful gang RP can become as long as we get the help SC in general is getting the house thanks to @honey. I applaud her for her continues hard work to better SC and the Gang RP in SC. 

I personally think, that this stigma south central bears is unjustified to an extent. While based on true events, like every myth. The amount of muggings and violence on civilians in south central is a myth infact. The rates are lower, I bike around SC on my character, I hang out around LTD there and all I seen are gangs beefing with each other. Yes gunshots ring more often there, but majority of conflicts are among gangs themselves. Ofc rest lies in common sense.

You don't wear common gang colors as non affiliated teen there, but this will happen to you in LA even irl if you walk into wrong street with a red hat.

And least but not last, from what I seen robberies in SC are usually part of rival gang mockery. 

Edited by Engelbert
20 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I personally think, that this stigma south central bears is unjustified to an extent. While based on true events, like every myth. The amount of muggings and violence on civilians in south central is a myth infact. The rates are lower, I bike around SC on my character, I hang out around LTD there and all I seen are gangs beefing with each other. Yes gunshots ring more often there, but majority of conflicts are among gangs themselves. Ofc rest lies in common sense.

You don't wear common gang colors as non affiliated teen there, but this will happen to you in LA even irl if you walk into wrong street with a red hat.

And least but not last, from what I seen robberies in SC are usually part of rival gang mockery. 

it honestly makes me so happy to see even folk like u realizing this after sooooo many months of thinking u guys hated gang rp, good fucking shit engelbert

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic