Change Law: "Stopping to intersections"

why do we have to jump through 30 hoops for the simplest of changes........ makes no sense to me. just put a note in the penal code that says "(( on hold until traffic lights fixed))". thats literally all it takes. this is not a complex thing

11 minutes ago, joshua said:

why do we have to jump through 30 hoops for the simplest of changes........ makes no sense to me. just put a note in the penal code that says "(( on hold until traffic lights fixed))". thats literally all it takes. this is not a complex thing

Welcome to GTAW bureaucracy my friend.

52 minutes ago, joshua said:

Will look into this.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:19 AM, BAJO said:

"

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights, the traffic light displays a red light, the driver must stop before the white perpendicular line or last perpendicular line of a crosswalk. The driver shall yield the right of way to any and all vehicles before proceeding through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. "

"If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light"  The lights don't even work that way anymore...

@Paenymion @Junx @joshua @Zani @Law @Kenshi Haroku @orca112 @BAJO @knppel (tagged everyone that replied to this topic)
Done. I'll be spending the day circulating this, please share it too so everyone is aware. Also, as a side-note, this isn't an easy pass for those who are looking to exploit loopholes. This is a temporary solution to prevent potential citations from being issued that are solely due to sync problems. If anyone has any sort of feedback, please feel free to directly message me on Discord. Cheers! 

R1AlBsg.png

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
44 minutes ago, H04X said:

@Paenymion @Junx @joshua @Zani @Law @Kenshi Haroku @orca112 @BAJO @knppel (tagged everyone that replied to this topic)
Done. I'll be spending the day circulating this, please share it too so everyone is aware. Also, as a side-note, this isn't an easy pass for those who are looking to exploit loopholes. This is a temporary solution to prevent potential citations from being issued that are solely due to sync problems. If anyone has any sort of feedback, please feel free to directly message me on Discord. Cheers! 

R1AlBsg.png

Might want to ask to have a server announcement pointing to the temporary change in how the intersections are to be treated. Just to cover all the bases 😂

2 hours ago, H04X said:

R1AlBsg.png

While we're at it prepare for the hit-and-run-case 🤣i gotta tell you of that ic if you've not yet heard

I highly appreciate EVERYONE in this topic who helped to speed the matter up, as it's something that we daily come across to and definitely needed some official NEW ruling. I believe the solution we found now, yielding to what's coming from the right is the best one, as it avoids people unnecessarily waiting at a red light, especially with the low density of traffic that we have on GTA World. Approach, check left and right, if right's clear, go on, simple!

This needs to be also implemented into the driving school exam, so new players are aware of this! Very important!

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody wants to play traffic light simulator, FiveM communities put a huge emphasis on this and it just turned into one big traffic light stop simulator and the players there were highly annoyed getting stopped every 3 minutes for passing through yellows because it takes so long to sit at a light, keep things a bit simple here, no need to get so realistic, simple yielding behind the white line I fully agree, not Euro Truck Simulator, don't torture us with this and make this happen permanently.

Edited by Kowboy
  • Upvote 1