Change Law: "Stopping to intersections"

Hey!

I hope this is the right place to post this in, if not, sorry!

Detailed Description:

"

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights, the traffic light displays a red light, the driver must stop before the white perpendicular line or last perpendicular line of a crosswalk. The driver shall yield the right of way to any and all vehicles before proceeding through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. "

Currently you are supposed to come to a full-stop when approaching a red light on an intersection, the problem with that is: The lights used to be synced, now they are not anymore.

To avoid any further confusion and to actualy use a system that would work I suggest that we change it into the following:

Everyone intending to cross an intersection has to slow down - not full-stop - and yield for any vehicle that's coming from the right, if there's nobody coming, players can just cross through the intersection.

OBVIOUSLY, if anyone has any better ideas, please share it here.

Relevant Commands/Items

It would also be necessary to implement the actual law into the driver's license exam (script-wise), so new people can be made aware about it.

How will it benefit the server?

People can use a system that's actually going to be reliable and work. Chance to get into a car crash is lower, because of no desynced traffic lights, cops can actually investigate car crashes properly without to void them, because the traffic light was green/red for both.

Edited by BAJO
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to push for a change through in-character means that is solely motivated by an out-of-character issue - in this case the desynced traffic lights. As a temporary solution until the lights are fixed (soonTM) and properly synced again, this change should be a nobrainer to prevent confusion and unnecessary back and forth reports as a result of desynced traffic lights.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 3:22 AM, knppel said:

I recommend reaching out to your local representative ic:

Last time I reached out to my local representative with a fully laid out action plan regarding penal code changes that made sense, had written narratives and source material to go with was 6 months ago, maybe 8. 

I've yet to hear a response.

4 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Last time I reached out to my local representative with a fully laid out action plan regarding penal code changes that made sense, had written narratives and source material to go with was 6 months ago, maybe 8. 

I've yet to hear a response.

Atleast they are RPing a realistic government 🤣

7 hours ago, joshua said:

support. this law needs to be OOCly put on hold while lights are awfully desynced - not fair that people are being punished for something that is out of their control.

Can tell you already, from PD's side nobody's enforcing this. Or atleast should be enforcing this.

When I was in traffic I noticed they were out of sync, verified with an admin and from then on the whole lights thing got dropped & people were told not to enforce it untill it was fixed. That was months ago..

Odds are if you're getting stoped for stuff nowadays, 9/10 times is cause they snapped you up by your buttcheeks on radar.

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
On 3/16/2022 at 2:19 AM, BAJO said:

OBVIOUSLY, if anyone has any better ideas, please share it here.

Solution would be to fix the bug that is causing traffic lights to be desynced, not change up a law that’ll have to be changed back later. 

You could also reach out to legal faction management or PD/SD Q&A forum topics to clear this up and then use the response you get on any officers that didn’t get the memo whilst enforcing it on you.

I think this would be better if you went to LFM about it. I tried to get full confirmation to push a new OOC alternative until traffic lights are synched, but never received it when I was in LFM. I support the idea but you're probably better off suggesting to fix traffic synch rather than an IC law change in forum suggestions.

TLDR: Suggest/request it from LFM. They can put an OOC notice out.