Jump to content

Why does everyone act so hard IC?


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Moonsong said:

 

Permadeath has been discussed a hundred times over and it's just not going to work because you're still going to have those who will do anything to try and provoke a situation where they can end your character. Imagine you loose a character you put months of work into because you won a fist fight against a hoodlum who started provoking you in the first place?


yeah and now the hoodlum goes to prison for the rest of his life

 

life is unfair sometimes man. not everyone dies for a justified reason. 
 

if it’s TOO egregious, admins can take care of it and intervene

 

There’s already a CK appeal system 

Link to comment

The tipping point has been reached a while ago, it's just a matter of time before civilians become an extremely rare sight.

 

 

mAV7NOY.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, NickyW said:


yeah and now the hoodlum goes to prison for the rest of his life

 

life is unfair sometimes man. not everyone dies for a justified reason. 
 

if it’s TOO egregious, admins can take care of it and intervene

 

There’s already a CK appeal system 

 

And they namechange and start over, harassing someone else on a copy pasta character. I'm quite tired of excuses like these being used to try to justify blatant DM. It needs to be fun for both parties, not just the one provoking and pulling the trigger. When you have this happening multiple times a week it gets old really quickly. On a very small, close-nit server, where everyone knows eachother and mostly get on with eachother and there are a variety of interesting characters? Yes, maybe it might work and there are some examples of it working well on servers for other games. But on a server the size and scale of GTAW where everyone is trying to be a badass? It's never going to happen, keep dreaming.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Martyn said:

The tipping point has been reached a while ago, it's just a matter of time before civilians become an extremely rare sight.

 

 

mAV7NOY.png

Actually true and scary.

Link to comment

Like Cocaine Capital stated.. It's main character syndrome. Everybody thinks other chars are their char's supporting actors, and nobody wants the main character in their favorite movie/show to die to a character with a 5-minute cameo.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

 

And they namechange and start over, harassing someone else on a copy pasta character. I'm quite tired of excuses like these being used to try to justify blatant DM. It needs to be fun for both parties, not just the one provoking and pulling the trigger. When you have this happening multiple times a week it gets old really quickly. On a very small, close-nit server, where everyone knows eachother and mostly get on with eachother and there are a variety of interesting characters? Yes, maybe it might work and there are some examples of it working well on servers for other games. But on a server the size and scale of GTAW where everyone is trying to be a badass? It's never going to happen, keep dreaming.

 

"it's never going to happen, keep dreaming"

 

funny. that's exactly my thought when people say "i wish characters would stop being unrealistically aggressive" but refuse to take action to curtail it.

 

> and then they namechange and start over, harassing someone else on a copy pasta character

 

this goofy af statement always pops up every time someone suggests more CK's, and it's the biggest strawman on the planet. everyone's scared of this boogeyman who gives zero shit about his characters and CK's at a whim just so he can keep terrorizing the good RP'ers, but I've never seen it happen in the 10+ years I've been doing GTA RP. It's an excuse. Just admit you're overly attached to your character and would rather have the character you want than have good RP, even if it means sacrificing your precious self inserts.

Edited by NickyW
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Kowboy said:

Actually true and scary.

 

Had this happen in a roleplay community with a Judge Dredd setting. Criminals, cannies, raiders and the like killed any interest in civilian roleplay and then began complaining (and leaving) when their prey stopped being easy. It all became a huge drama that the admins refused to touch out of fear of "scaring the criminal community away", when ultimately it was the inaction that did the deed.

 

The criminals had spent so much time hitting only easy marks, they weren't ready for a world where only armed and dangerous criminals would be left. Rules didn't change, and the community eventually emptied out for greener pastures where they could presumably either find more easy victims.

 

It was a bummer for me, because I spent a lot of time putting together content for the roleplay. Vehicles, guns... A lot of sound and 3d model work gone to waste over some blind hope that maybe driving headlong into a proverbial black hole for the social media upvotes would somehow be beneficial long term.

 

We actually have it worse here. At least there, civilians could try to run away realistically, meaning the criminals had to actually corner their victims. Here? It's no surprise that we get such wild fluctuations every time the lasso is loosened on crime, what with the rules being entirely one-sided to favor people who have all the power to ruin otherwise good roleplay.

 

 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

what with the rules being entirely one-sided to favor people who have all the power to ruin otherwise good roleplay.

 

 

 

what does the LEO community have to do with this? i don't think they ruin roleplay at all...

Edited by NickyW
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...