Why does everyone act so hard IC?

LeNova

1 hour ago, CertifiedKiller said:

simple solution - make every death (that's legitimate and where no rules have been broken) a forced CK. People will value their characters lives and no go kicking the hornets nest unless they mean business.

Won't be an issue with me. I invest literally zero value and thought into my criminal character, to make sure they're an easy throwaway if they get jailed or CKed. I even have a list of computer generated names to make it easier.

There aren't any rules against throwaways, so I don't see any problems with it.

Edited by DasFroggy
18 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Won't be an issue with me. I invest literally zero value and thought into my criminal character, to make sure they're an easy throwaway if they get jailed or CKed. I even have a list of computer generated names to make it easier.

There aren't any rules against throwaways, so I don't see any problems with it.

If you’re making a joke it’s a poor one that isn’t even close to the actual mentality of illegal roleplayers. Nobody actually thinks like this.

In fact, illegal characters are often far more fleshed out and developed than their legal, cat ear donning, paragon driving counterparts. And this isn’t just me saying it. That’s been the trend since the days of SA:MP.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, NickyW said:

If you’re making a joke it’s a poor one that isn’t even close to the actual mentality of illegal roleplayers. Nobody actually thinks like this.

In fact, illegal characters are often far more fleshed out and developed than their legal, cat ear donning, paragon driving counterparts. And this isn’t just me saying it. That’s been the trend since the days of SA:MP.

Can confirm, I have both...street criminal and legal character.

2 minutes ago, NickyW said:

No joke. If folks want to be hard Tony Montana type main characters that won't respect my time and effort that I invest into my roleplay, I won't respect theirs either.

A good way to waste their efforts is to make their achievements meaningless. Kill my character? Congrats, I'm still around being a thorn in their side, making all their work pointless. 

Honestly, I'd be all for having rules against throwaways, but the weird thing is, whenever the idea gets brought up, a lot of people who according to you "aren't doing it" are suddenly and rabidly against any risk of losing the ability to do it.

If I posted a suggested rule against throwaway characters, would you support it? Let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

7 minutes ago, NickyW said:

This is exactly the problem, if someone doesn't rp the norm they're immediately labelled a cat ear wearing degen. Not everyone wants to roleplay an illegal character who has their hand in every cookie jar they can dip it into. I find it much more rewarding to roleplay teetering on the fine line of the law, sometimes leaning towards criminal tendencies if the situation calls for it. Because it helps to set boundaries, helps make roleplay feel more organic and immersive. But of course, anyone who roleplays a relatively normal civilian can't possibly get good rp 😄

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, NickyW said:

It is not the factor of weather you are an illegal roleplayer or a legal one but a testament to the players' roleplay quality. I have seen characters on both sides developed excellently and sometimes terribly. It does so happen that newer role-players prefer to be have legal characters because they don't really understand how the complex criminal world works and may not feel entirely comfortable joining an illegal faction only to be ridiculed and mocked as is so common with those types of things.

Edited by CertifiedKiller
On 3/12/2022 at 6:10 AM, LeNova said:

You don't see any hesitation in them, no regrets of their actions. People just do the wildest shit and go on with their lives as if it's a daily thing.
It does seem like people are detached from reality and are running on the mindset that criminals aren't human and don't express human emotions.

This is why the server is a dystopian, nigh-cyberpunk hellscape it is today, rife with unapologetic killing on every street corner and crime that seems like it'd only make sense in a '90s action flick. People don't give a shit, because at the end of the day they want to win and they want to look cool as shit and those 2 things take priority over common sense.

Almost a year ago now when I made the PARADISE project on my character Ashton Love I did it both for the roleplay, but also as a satirical jab at how utterly ridiculous the crime rate on this server had become and continues to be. Population concentration is not even considered, and that plus these hardened, fearless fourteen year old warriors has resulted in what is essentially a constant warzone of battling egos. Who's faction is better? Who's character is harder? No thought's put into killing anyone over something as simple as a fistfight. This server isn't heavy city roleplay anymore, it's an experiment in patience.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Kowboy said:

Yeah make your own server and do your purges there, we are good thanks.

We clearly aren't considering I know plenty good roleplayers who left the server, frustrated with the fact that a serial DMer gets a verbal warning and wastes 30+ minutes for dozens of people.

And they're worth far more than someone who can barely spell and breaks the rules every day.

Edited by pateuvasiliu