Why does everyone act so hard IC?

LeNova

9 minutes ago, H04X said:

i rp jogging with my character's family on a daily basis and sometimes we find random benches to sit down and feed the birds with bread crumbs

I get you're being sarcastic but trust me that I do know people who are capable of making a meaningful roleplay out of feeding the birds with bread crumbs - as an example you gave. I remember roleplaying cookouts at which some words, glances and stuff happened that changed relationships of certain characters. It's about small things that your imagination can bring up for you and your writing. It doesn't have to be some crazy action movie story for it to be fun.

1 hour ago, Zorbe said:

I get you're being sarcastic but trust me that I do know people who are capable of making a meaningful roleplay out of feeding the birds with bread crumbs - as an example you gave. I remember roleplaying cookouts at which some words, glances and stuff happened that changed relationships of certain characters. It's about small things that your imagination can bring up for you and your writing. It doesn't have to be some crazy action movie story for it to be fun.

its not sarcasm. i do this. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/928467511069003797/964567678209622106/sims3.mp4

MRDL9Ep.png

Roleplaying being weak, taking a beating, or other things related all can be very fun in their own right and can even trigger something very big and long-lasting in certain circumstances, I find it very fun at times, while the roleplay doesn't always turn out to be too fun, sometimes its fantastic.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, even though my char has CCW, she never carries it anyway, because getting into those situations is actually fun. Escalating it into blasting them only makes it weird and unfun for me. But you know... that's just me. Others might not really be liking that kinda RP, cause in the end, it's what they like to be doing in the game. 

I try to make my main character with some good and bad traits, what's good at or bad at, even fears.

I had one character in lsrp that limped because he fall riding his bike when he was young, so he feared riding bikes although he was a supporter of the MC and his best friend was a prospect of the local MC so he hanged there. He never told that he feared bikes because of macho n ego thing.

My current character fears dogs because he got bitten when he was young. So he trembles and sweats when he sees a dog, he tries to act hard but is hard to not notice the fear of dogs.

Whatever he feels to much pressure  in life he fall down in his uncontrollable alcoholism. He's a functional alcoholic, but if something happens he spiral down real quick.

My guy is a bouncer but he is not the agressive kind, because with time he learn to don't do it and be aware of who he is messing with. He got stabbed almost died (CKed). But he sure looks badass in uniform. He still has a macho and a slight racist or xenophobic going on.

He's good with guns but since he's getting older his eye sight is not the best but he refuses to go to a doctor.

Good perk: he cares a lot of the local people and he is a excellent handyman.