Why does everyone act so hard IC?

LeNova

11 hours ago, Jax said:

Because nothing stays IC, if you do take an L, you will see 4 discords posting that RP scene and people laughing about it "haha, bozo pack, pack watch" and gonna keep nagging you on. Keep more shit IC and stop flooding discords with everything that happens IC, then you will see some change.

Quoted for truth. GTAW 2022 is essentially a network of Discord shitposting cliques with a GTAV server somewhere in the background.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
10 hours ago, eTaylor said:

I don't want to imply a negativity bias, but it's a pretty self-defeating way of looking at it. I understand what you're saying, but at the end of the day you have to be realistic, and make certain choices. The hard fact is that you'll never get ~700 players who all have complex, multi-layered characters with everything that comes with that. You'll always have rule breakers, you'll always have people who just don't give a shit. The choice you can make here is deciding whether or not you wanna let that bother you. The fun aspect of this server is that you have all these people from all over the world, each with their own roleplay believes existing on a single server which caters to a wide spectrum of roleplay. Just find what fits best for you, connect with people who can offer what you're looking for and enhance your experience - and let the rest be for what it is. There's absolutely no reason you should let a rulebreaker or NPC-esque player ruin your day. Because when everything is said and done, you'll still have to find a way to coexist. 

After spending close to 1000 hours here and over 10.000 hours on RP communities in general over the past 10 years, it's just the conclusion I got to. It's not really a choice as something that happens naturally. Truth is, even if you have 100 perfectly realistic and complex characters, interacting with 10 that aren't that, for me anyway, just makes me doubt all other characters - how do I know this character I'm interacting with isn't just a troll, a rulebreaker getting banned in a week, a shitty character or whatever else? It doesn't REALLY affect me but it's always in the back of my mind, definitely less enjoyable than it would be if standards and heavy rp was truly enforced, not just wrote in the title.

14 hours ago, ohmydays said:

facts

dm videos are apart of the culture lol that isnt the issue, if ppl make them as an actual "THIS DUDE SUCKS!" then they r a loser, most ppl just do it to show they aim or show a funny shooting, its been a thing since lsrp n thats not gonna go anywhere fr fr 

Should go away really. Just shows how immature you are if you make one.

4 hours ago, Topinambour said:

Basically those are a big red flag about the RP quality of the factions making them yeah ^^''' 

Those videos just show WHY those people are here, not really their RP quality. I've seen a video where a guy gets rammed off his bike, is flying in the air and mid air he's typing /as and then proceeds to run. Where is the Roleplaying your injuries? xD

This is also evident in the way a lot of people are self-inserting. A lot of characters are based on their respective player in a way that they channel their inner OOC frustrations through their characters; be it hating on women or gay people, or anything else you can think of. I doubt many players would do/say such things in real life because there are consequences to those actions, and generally, hate speech or anything of the sort is not socially acceptable in public places and is punishable by law (in most developed countries, at least). This can be also a reason why people prefer to RP as tough characters; it provides them with an escape from their real lives where they cannot do such things and cannot act the way their tough characters act. It's satisfying to be someone powerful and intelligent, when in real life, one is just an average joe who is helpless when it comes to violence. Of course it doesn't have to be a tough character, it could also be a rich supermodel who went to Harvard and looks perfect all the time, or anyone unrealistically perfect/powerful/whatever basically.

For many, GTA World is basically just a fantasy, an escape, a possibility to express yourself with nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1