Why does everyone act so hard IC?

LeNova

Because nothing stays IC, if you do take an L, you will see 4 discords posting that RP scene and people laughing about it "haha, bozo pack, pack watch" and gonna keep nagging you on. Keep more shit IC and stop flooding discords with everything that happens IC, then you will see some change.

Edited by Jax
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3
32 minutes ago, Jax said:

Because nothing stays IC, if you do take an L, you will see 4 discords posting that RP scene and people laughing about it "haha, bozo pack, pack watch" and gonna keep nagging you on. Keep more shit IC and stop flooding discords with everything that happens IC, then you will see some change.

You forgot about making DM videos too.

7 hours ago, Late said:

People RP cops because they're not cops IRL.

People RP medics because they're not medics IRL.

People RP Syrian Taxi drivers because they're not Syrian Taxi Drivers IRL.

Do people RP being very hard because... in IRL they're very weak?

Edited by Zorbe
8 hours ago, Late said:

People RP cops because they're not cops IRL.

People RP medics because they're not medics IRL.

People RP Syrian Taxi drivers because they're not Syrian Taxi Drivers IRL.

Do people RP being very hard because... in IRL they're very weak?

I RP happy person, because I'm sad IRL.

Edited by Lindsie

Because this server has a certain percentage of people playing it who have serious issues with mixing. Or they play to win because they're ashamed to take a L, but oh wait those are just mixing issues since you shouldn't be OOC ashamed of shit that happened IC. But try to tell most people that, they don't give a shit.

• Applaud 1
6 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Except that on GTA World, unlike real life, barely anyone acts like a human being. Everyone has an extremely fucked up and traumatic past and is able to whitstand any and every thing life throws at them. From seeing a bleeding, cut-up corpse in the middle of the street to being pointed a gun at and killing innocents in cold blood. It's almost impossible to make out anyone for a realistic human being. More often than not, it feels like you're interacting with an NPC/robot - with the exceptions that NPCs are often times sketched out to look somewhat realistic.

It's hard to look at all characters you interact with as complex, long-standing, thought through. Sure, some are, but they're majorly shadowned by the vast majority who don't. I sometimes find myself looking at other players, thinking how cool it is that everyone has their own friends, connections and complex development behind them. But then I realize how many people are just rulebreakers, how many characters are just trolls or mallrats, how many of them don't have any history besides "log in, shoot opps" or "log in, pursuit shootout arrest i'm a cop".

The vast majority are just hollow excuses and that, for me, makes it very hard to look at the few proper characters in the light they deserve.

I don't want to imply a negativity bias, but it's a pretty self-defeating way of looking at it. I understand what you're saying, but at the end of the day you have to be realistic, and make certain choices. The hard fact is that you'll never get ~700 players who all have complex, multi-layered characters with everything that comes with that. You'll always have rule breakers, you'll always have people who just don't give a shit. The choice you can make here is deciding whether or not you wanna let that bother you. The fun aspect of this server is that you have all these people from all over the world, each with their own roleplay believes existing on a single server which caters to a wide spectrum of roleplay. Just find what fits best for you, connect with people who can offer what you're looking for and enhance your experience - and let the rest be for what it is. There's absolutely no reason you should let a rulebreaker or NPC-esque player ruin your day. Because when everything is said and done, you'll still have to find a way to coexist. 

They do it because that's what they aspire to be IRL. Weird isn't it? Americans from the suburbs do it too, same with foreigners.

They're born into a better lifestyle, see a culture/lifestyle that isn't for them and think it's cool to portray something IRL they will never be. 

It's not cool to be hard, especially if you did not grow up around that lifestyle OOC. 

It's cringe. People laugh at you. 

Keep your character hard, but not too unrealistic. 

Quit letting your character's emotions be your emotions. Vice-versa. 

8 hours ago, Timzii said:

Because its not a heavy rp server

doesn't really feel like it anymore, huh. 

same ol cringe e-rp, same ol mediocre illegal rp portrayed by people who don't have a clue how usa poverty is/culture is.

same ol robo cops, and same ol staff team using that same ol broken discretion and always breathing down ur spine. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
  • Upvote 2